Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. AkshayYour feedback matters!
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent.
I have a civiour headache since last 5years. I have used many medicine. But no Result. So please give me a suggestion to cure my problem.
Which medicine to take during cough and cold. I have severe problem please suggest me the best medicine.
Hi, Age 30. From few years back only in winters I get rashes and small dots with lots of itching and feel too much hot. My body heats up and I do not feel any more cold.Please suggest me.
I have migraine problem last 6 month and no doctor give me proper solution please help me regarding this problem and my age is 30 years and I am from chennai.
My wife's body temperature drops - her lips turn pale like when you were to long in cold water - that happens from one moment to the other. She uses a heating-pad and then she spikes a fever - her entire body is overly hot. There are some weeks where she has it almost every day and other times she feels good for days. She also has heart racing / high blood pressure. The doctors hear in West Jefferson, NC don't really help.
Hey Doc! My brother has regular complaint of constipation and have indigestion problem. He himself started taking medicine for last 2 months and have been talking the medicine when required. Please guide me what to do to make his gut strong.
I used to smoke a cigarette, before retiring, to bed. This has been practice for over 40 years. I have giving up smoking since a week. Now I do not get sound sleep. Is it psychological, or will get normalized, over time.
The uncontrolled discharge either before or shortly after physical penetration is a common that affect a number of men. It happens with minimal sexual stimulation and before the person wishes and is a major cause of unsatisfactory sex for both partners. This can increase the anxiety that may add to the problem. It is one of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction. It has probably affected every man at some point in his life.
What causes premature ejaculation?
Most cases of premature ejaculation do not have a clear cause. With sexual experience and age, men often learn to delay orgasm. Premature ejaculation may occur with a new partner. It may happen only in certain sexual situations or if it has been a long time since the last ejaculation.
Most cases of PE are not related to any disease and are instead due to psychological factors, including:
- Sexual inexperience
- Novelty of a relationship
- Overexcitement or too much stimulation
- Relationship stress
- Guilty feelings
- Issues related to control and intimacy
Medical causes of premature ejaculation
Biological causes of PE are much less common than psychological ones. In rare cases, the cause can be more serious, such as nervous system damage as a result of surgery or physical trauma.
- Multiple sclerosis
- Prostate disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Thyroid problems
- Illicit drug use
- Excessive alcohol consumption
Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation-
The main symptom is an uncontrolled ejaculation either before or shortly after intercourse begins. Ejaculation occurs before the person wishes it, with minimal sexual stimulation.
How is it treated?
- In many cases, premature ejaculation gets better on its own over time. Treatment may not be needed. Practicing relaxation techniques or using distraction methods may help you delay ejaculation. For some men, stopping or cutting down on the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs may improve how well they can control ejaculation.
- Antidepressant medicines are sometimes used to treat premature ejaculation.
- There are also creams, gels, and a spray that may be used to treat premature ejaculation by reducing sensation. These medicines are applied to the penis before sex. But some of these medicines can also affect a man's sex partner by reducing sensation for the partner.
In Allopathic Medicine, no satisfactory treatment is available till date. On the other hand Unani /Ayurvedic herbal medicine have an excellent role for the treatment of premature ejaculation. Such herbal medicine not only treat the premature ejaculation, but also increase the sex drive as well as patient sexual satisfaction. Always consult a practitioner before going for any treatment.