Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Akshay DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from oral sabmucus fibrosis what should I do. A doctor suggested me to take Ms. fibre tablet for 60 days. Is it works.
When I got up in the morning there is pain in teeth but aftr brushing my teeth pain vanish immediately. Can u plz help me
I am 20 years old and I have a jaw problem of teeth and its too much paining I can't sleep my operation had done before 20 days than also too much pain is their.
Dear sir I have pain in my teeth I can't eat hot &cold items continued. please suggest what should I do for fast relief.
Dear. Sir. I am facing problem with stomach. Means digestion. When I use to eat food. After few minutes. I feal like food will come out from my mouth. This problem is happening from two months ago. Sir kindly suggest some medicine.
I have yellow layer at backward teeth. I guess its pyria. I did not care it earlier but I wish to remove it. What should I do?
How to stop bad breath completely I taking Colgate mouth wash morning time And also 2 times brush but no use. please suggest me best complete solution for bad breath. Thank you.
I am 23 years old. Sometimes my gum bleeds. When I brush my teeth or at any other time blood comes out of my tooth. I have also tried taking calcium tablets and also visited doctor. What do I do now?
When can I brush my teeth second time? After having my dinner or after 12 hrs of brushing in the morning?
Please advise clearly whether normal denture or implant is workable doctor asked me to get lower 6 be removed before denture I am female 66 with front lower 6 and upper 8 teeth left.
I am 21 years old female. One and half years back a wisdom tooth appeared in the lower jaw. Now the tooth is almost fully grown bt the inner side of my cheek is injured due to friction with the tooth. My cheek is injured for last 6 months and it is not healing due to constant friction. What should I do?
I Have open bite and I know that I must do Orthodontics and surgery . BUT I do not have engouh money for that So im wondering if there is any alternative treatment for my condition Thank you.
My ninth month old son has not yet started crawling. Nor he is teething. Is this normal. What shall I do for his proper development.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.