Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Akshay DoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 69 years old male. Smoker, having smoked on an average 6 cigarettes per day for 40 yrs. For last three yrs suffering of glossitis, soreness and mild ulcer of the tongue and mouth which comes and goes. I also have dry mouth syndrome. Kindly advise course of treatment.
I am daily drinking hot water from morning with lemon then after food and between free time too, here my doubt it will be any problem in future for my teeth. Please help to update the same and if any.
My teeth are paining from many days. There are some kind of hole in the teeth with black surrounded.
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctor, I have White coated tongue from a long time. For that I used almost every kind of scrapper and also done tongue brushing. But nothing is effective. White layer removed but for few time again came back also hurt tongue. Now I did for this my WHOLE BODY TEST, in which LFT ND CHOLESTEROL came high. My LFT is SGOT/AST - 160 (normal 0-40) SGPT/ALT- 256 (normal 0-40) TOTAL bilirubin - 1.26 (norm 0.1- 1.2)DIRECT bilirubin- 0.49 (normal 0-0.4)INDIRECT bilirubin - 0.77 (norm 0-0.3) Others parameters of LFT is normal cholesterol TEST REPORTS CHOL- 234 (normal 125-200) LDL- 157 (normal 85-130) TRIG-266 (normal 25-200) TC/H-6.2 (normal 3-5) LDL/- 4.1 (normal 1.5-3.5)VLDL-53.16 (normal 5-40) NHDL- 195.76 (normal below 160) what should I do. Doctor said me to take UDILIV 300 MG, ATORVA 20 MG. Is this medicine improve my health. And my tongue white because of liver increase.
I have frequent mouth sores from last three months. And my stomach is also not set. At night time sleep I have lots and lots of weired dreams that cause trouble in sleep. please tell me what is this and medicine for this plz.
My gum bleed for almost 10 years and now the situation is becoming worse day by day. What may be as home remedy for bleeding gums? It is gingivitis and I am lpodsing my muscles. Please reply me soon explaining clearly what should I do. And yes don't blame me because I brush 2 times a day but still I have this dental problem. I can't find a way to get rid of this. I a, m loosing, y blood. Which makes me scary. Reply satisfactorily. Thank you, I am waiting for an expert advice.
My son is 4 years n 6 months old ,he is having cavities(no pain) in his premolars,kindly suggest can i wait till they fall ? As he is now brushing twice daily.
Hello, doctors. I have problem of with my tongue. My tongue is splitting in the front part and in sides as well. I does not pain or burn. But I want to know why its happening and how to cure it.
sir, i am experiencing pain in the right cheek joint while taking food.as my mouth had small opening pain is considerable i am told that the existing problem is due to severe attrition and also due to deep bite as per the first hand information 18 teeth equires pct(all 8 molars ,top 4teeth due to ,misalignment, and bottom 6 as nerves r exposed).all 28 teeth requires capping. my request to dentists is pl throw some light regardig(1)anticipated cost of rct (2)capping or crowns cost for all 28teeth with pfm type with recommendation of reputed mfg( 3)time of completion (4)after going through this will the joint pain under control as regarding me i am 62 years old retired person with diabetic ,ht,thyroid,(all under control(almost normal) with medicines and pure vegetarian as the issue is big i need some guidelines from expert pannel to take right decission.thanks
Below my jaw my muscles swell up it don't pain but it looks awkward can you suggest me what should be done.
All on 4 dental implant procedure for completely missing teeth with minimal bone
(Scientifically documented for 20 years, with 99% success rate)
What is All-On-4?
Four implants placed in a completely teeth-less jaw, providing secure and optimal support for a fixed bridge/denture. The posterior two implants are specially designed and angulated to achieve, the most Comprehensive, Successful, Safe, Simpler, Graft-less, Minimum-Number-Implant-Solution for completely missing teeth.
Often, tooth loss is accompanied by loss of the jaw bone which poses the problem of reconstruction of the jaw bone. For the implantation to be successful, it is necessary to transplant bone from other parts of the body. It requires an additional surgery and many patients can not do the transplant of bone for general health reasons also (diabetes and others).
The All-on-4 solution, will address these drawbacks because it consists in establishing a fully customized denture (bridge) based only on four titanium implants. These implants act as “pillars” to the bridge that supports the prosthetic teeth. The invented process allows taking advantage of existing bone, even if scarce, avoiding having to use bone grafts.
The posterior implants are substantially angled at approximately 45 degrees to avoid compromising the sinus cavity in the upper jaw and the nerve canal in the lower jaw.
The All-on-4 solution owes its name to the very nature of the method, which consists of applying a dental prosthesis with at least twelve teeth (bridge) fixed in the jaw, based only on four titanium implants.
The specific implants or pillars used are protected by international patenting.
Benefits of all on 4 dental implant procedure
– High success rate : Mandible – 98.1%, Maxilla – 98.42% (Success Rate at Cosmodent Dental is 100% till today)
– High aesthetics and function.
– High hygiene maintenance capability.
– Simple surgical procedure, since only 4 implants are used.
– Walk-in Edentulous and walk out Dentulous in less than a day.
3RD DAY WITH NEW TEETH
Classic -Noble Bio care Implant+ Ceramic Crown
Premier- Noble Bio care Implant + Zirconia Crown