Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Akhil MohanYour feedback matters!
How not to carry a baby for 6 months? (Like carrying from the armpits; swaying a baby which might be risky because of the brain fluids, etc.)
My 8 month old grand daughter is unable to hold or lift her head. What are the probable causes. Which check do you suggest for diagnosis.
I have a friend who has a girlfriend and she is pregnant from 1 month. Please tell how to abort that child. (any medicine or vaccine, etc.)
My daughter is 4 yrs old weighing only 10 kg 500gm she does not gain weight and is very weak i consulted many doctors but is useless they say she is very active thats the only anwer i get she has problem eating solid food she does not like to eat a single fruit nor chocolates or any chips or waffers from outside and also harras me a lot to eat home made food pls help my daghter fo that she start liking to eat food and gain some weight atleast.
My daughter is 3 months old. I feel to continue at least for 1 year My milk supply is very low please give me prescription to increase breast milk.
My kid is now 1y 8m old. He was passing loose watery stool 15 days back. As per doctor we gave him darolac thrice a day and z and d once in a day. He got recovered in 4 days. But again loose motion started that week and again we gave him darolac for five days but again it recurred in 2 days after completion of derolac. He has no fever and no blood in stool at all. My doctor has suggested me to wait for another 2 days. We are not giving him any lactogen food. Only soya milk and normal foods he is now having. Totally confuse what to do?
Hello doctor, I have 65 days old kid. Everyday I make him to sleep around 10 PM - 11 pm and I feed him during that time. After that next I feed him around 5 am. He never wakes up in between. Is this correct or do I have to wake him up and feed him in between. In day time I feed frequently when ever he needs it.(more than 7,8 times)
Pls help me My 19 days old baby is on breast feed, he feeds 2 hrs but still hungry then I have to give him bottle 80 ml water n 3 spoon of Farex. What should I do? How much milk is needed for him?
Hi doctor my sister has new born baby. She is 24 year old. Her prbm is due to feeding it's paining in her right side nipple. Wt type of prbm it is? Is any infection. Pls give some solutions.
My Baby is 105 days old and mother milk is too short at everyday evening time then now what can I will do?
My baby is four months old her weight is 4.8.My pedctrn said she need to putton.Shez on my feding i m hvg enough milk but she jus want to play i jus force fully feed her
I have blessed with a baby boy on 16 jan 2016 now he was 28 weeks old when he was born and his weight is 1 kg 300 gm and now he has weight of 1 kg 400gm I want to know that when he will discharge from hospital is he safe in hospital or he will be safe at home as we can take special care off him 24×7 we should wait or bring him home doctors are saying that he is absolutely fine. Then why doctors are not giving him holiday.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.