Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AjithYour feedback matters!
My baby is 2 months old and I use pampers for her .she get dry hips in winter and lil rashes. I use cream for her rashes in winter pls tell me how can I prevent her from rashes and tell me the duration for changing the diper .also suggest me any cream which is good for her hips in winter.
I have twin baby 5 month old I m not having enough milk can you give an advice what to give and what not to give.
New born baby not taking powder milk as no milk from Breast from last three days. What should we do?
My baby boy is 9 month his inguinal hernia nd undescended testicle operation was last week, I want to know in future no problem his fertility.
I have pain in my tooth for 2 days. What I do for this so that I got rest from this pain. What I do for this it really pains badly. Suggest me some tips to remove my pain?
I was sincere student till 12th then in college I cannot focus on studies and always tend to postpone important task and if I concentrate too long I feel mentally tired. I always procrastinating and now I want to study but I can not. I think I have adultAdHD even at day before exam I cannot concentrate and do other things. I also have other adhd symptoms like fidgeting and cannot sit at one place. Due to this I feel guilty and anxious about exam and daily when I cannot study, Its like I want to study but I can't.
Hi My baby is 18 days old. She's unable to poop calmly she always cries tightening her face and body while pooping and farting. Pls give me some solution to overcome this.
My son is 4 years old. Doc suggest me to do vaccination of JE vaccine nd flu Vaccine. I want to know that is this compulsory or optional. Also want to know that why should we do these vaccinationation?
Hello Dr. I would like to relactate my baby who is now 7 months. Since, 2 1/2 months I stopped breast feeding. Even if he does not want to latch again, I would be very glad if I could give him breast milk during feeds. I really want to breast feed again. It's my third baby. Due to lack of information I quit breast feeding very early. My milk has dried up, but I'm trying to pump, using spectra s1 double electric pump, to bring my supply back. But, still nothing. Not even a drop. Hope you can help me!
My daughter is in 6th std she has lots of lices and nits in her hair pls give me some solution for this ?
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.