Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit ShettyYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from Migraine for last 1yr. My headache is continue from last 3 days and it remains until I took paracintamall (combiflam tablet). My sleep is totally disturbed I'm not sleep more than 3hours. Plzz. Give me a perfect solution.
Some time i get headache and becomes a spot over eyes and will not able to see for few minutes? Give me good suggestion sir please!
In last 1 year. I tired to go motion. Because I guss this is a piles problem. 1st one or two days go motion with light blood. After no problem with blood. In motion area light double is created. Any heat food eaten means that problem is coming. This is related with body heat? Any home remedy are available? Please reply.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am 22yrs old guy. Since last 3 days I am suffering from small whitish rashes filled with fluid on the trunk of my body, hands, scalp etc. Also have small fever. Is it symptoms of chicken pox?
In case of allergies for long term , Levo Cetirizine can have side effects. May I know what can Those Be?
Hello doc I am suffering fever before 3 days. I am filing no well. There is pain in my head 24 hours. What can I do.
I have an habit of masterbation in age of 13 daily I used to do this I need suggestions is this problem to my health whether this masterbation is good or bad please
My daughter age is 17 months. She is suffering from nasal block regularly. To solve that what should I do.
I m suffering from body itching. After itching a spot is formed from last week. I started using dettol in water for bathing as well as for cleaning cloths also. Can you suggest some medicine plzz.
Do certain types of food, like high in starch, trigger, fits? In my case, I have seen a heavy meal, rich in starch makes me uncomfortable, and I start to get double vision.
I am 65 years old, very healthy, no problems. Last few months erection is not sufficient to insert. Please help.
Hallow, I am 33 Year male and having pain in my left side of stomach. After I eat something Pain starts after 3-4 hrs. And goes when I go to washroom. ThanksRajesh.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart.
I slept 5-6 hour night for reasons of competition preparation I study daily 5 6 hr something but not remembering at all which I read quick forgetting I have always headache sometime backache I clear competition but eye head pressure break my study well I masturbate only 2 -3 week because no Gf but think more more sex masturbate night fall What I should do that I always be fit smart and fully confident if I wrong where how to solutions it naturally.
Insect bites occur when an insect stings the upper layer of your skin externally. They generally lead to an allergic reaction or transfer of pathogens like virus, bacteria or parasites in the human body. Insect bites can be of many types since there are numerous species of insects around us. Some of the bites that you will come across more often are by mosquitoes, spiders, bee stings, bugs, mites, ants and such others. The most common symptoms of an insect bite include redness, swelling, irritation or discomfort, itching, itchy skin, and such others.
An insect bite is most commonly treated by using allopathic medicines which can be either applied externally or consumed orally to minimize allergic reactions. But Ayurveda gives you a method to treat insect bites which are natural, harmless and free from side effects. Some of the common ways to treat insect bites following the principles of Ayurveda are:
- Basil leaves and turmeric- If you take a handful of basil leaves, add turmeric to it and apply it on the insect bite, it acts as an antiseptic and prevents your wound from worsening.
- Onion application- Onions are specifically used to treat bee stings. You need to take out the sting, apply onions on the affected area and hold them in position using a bandage or a tape for at least an hour to get relief.
- Turmeric and sandalwood- You can use turmeric and sandalwood to soothe your wound as sandalwood has certain cooling properties, and turmeric will help in speeding up the healing process.
- Banana peel- The inner skin of a banana peel is used as an anti-irritant and it helps to cut down the discomfort, pain and irritation.
- Neem- Neem is a medicinal plant, which has one of the highest medicinal values among all the Ayurvedic agents. It is often applied to the wound in the form of powder mixed with water.
- Coriander- The juice from coriander leaves is also used to cure wounds. Depending on the thickness, it can be used along with water to provide relief to insect wounds.
Conclusively, it is always desirable to consult an Ayurvedic medical practitioner before applying the natural agents on sensitive body parts such as the skin.