Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit PadgovkarYour feedback matters!
I had Pcod two years back and took medication for six months. It got solved. But I have again been diagnosed with it. My weight is increasing. I lost 13 kgs but gained back. I have herniated disc (l3-4, l4-5 and s1). I also have migraine. I want to loose weight and solve pcod
E study of basic human values by psychologists is not new. Probably the best-known theory of basic values in psychology is abraham maslow's hierarchy of needs, which dates from the early 1940s. But the psychological study of values has been growing, in both volume and empirical quality of research, and philosophers interested in ethics ought to know something about it.
Unfortunately, growing though it may be, the psychological study of values is nevertheless not in a particularly advanced state of development. Accordingly, there are multiple, conflicting theories of human values (and corresponding virtues) in the psychological literature. A sampling that I spent just a few minutes pulling together is: braithwaite and law (1985), cawley, martin, and johnson (2000), crosby, bitner, and gill (1990), feather and peay (1975), hofstede (1980), maloney and katz (1976), peterson and seligman (2004), rokeach (1973), schwartz (1994, 2012), and wicker et al. (1984). My impression is that on the one hand there is considerable loose agreement in the results of these studies, but on the other hand the agreement is indeed loose, and there are significant differences between theories, especially when it comes to the conceptualization of the results.
I myself am not well enough acquainted with this research to comment on these differences. What I want to do in this post is just describe the one of these theories that seems to me to be the most serious, ambitious, well-developed, and well-supported, namely the schwartz theory of basic values, due to shalom schwartz (1994, 2012). At the end I will briefly discuss some implications of schwartz's theory for political philosophy.
By values we refer to beliefs concerning what situations and actions are desirable. However, values for schwartz are not attitudes toward particular situations or actions, like having a chicken dinner right now or having $20k in my bank account. He restricts the term value to broad motivational goals. Schwartz sees values as stable standards by which we evaluate everything else, including the appropriateness of any norms, attitudes, traits, or virtues that may be suggested to us. It is also characteristic of values that some are more important than others. Multiple values are normally implicated in any proposed action, for better or worse, and the all-things-considered evaluation of an action will depend on the relative importance of the competing values it implicates.
With changing times the nature and effects of virus and bacteria are also changing and due to this, one of the biggest risks of unprotected sex is catching a sexually transmitted disease or STD. An STD can be contacted by any form of intercourse including oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STDs are serious diseases that should not be ignored and require treatment and medication. Some common STDs are:
- Hepatitis B
- Genital Herpes
- Syphilis and
The only way to protect yourself from an STD is to abstain from unprotected sex and always use a condom. Sometimes STD infections have no symptoms and can remain dormant for years, hence it is essential to get yourself regularly treated for STDs if you have more than one sexual partner.
On the other hand some STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a Sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
Can I use CLOSALVE FC (clotrimazole, clobetasol propionate, fusidic acid) cream on itchy rashes in pregnancy? I used to use this cream before pregnancy as prescribed by my dermatologist for my itchy skin and rashes and it really helped but I'm not sure if I can use it in pregnancy.
I am thin and my weight is 50, height is 5'2. But my breast looks heavier and looks like hanging. What's the reason for that? And give some home made tips to make it fit and perfect, and to decrease its size.
हरड़, जिसे आमतौर से हरीतकी के नाम से भी जाना जाता है, भारतीय आर्युवेदिक पौधा है, जिसमें कई चिकित्सकीय गुण समाए हैं।
यह सुविख्यात त्रिफला का प्रमुख तत्व है जिसका इस्तेमाल जिगर बढ़ने, ल्यूकोरिया और पेट की तकलीफों को दूर करने में किया जाता है।
यूनानी चिकित्सा पद्धति में इस जड़ी-बूटी का इस्तेमाल एंटीटॉक्सिन के तौर पर किया जाता है जो कंजक्टीवाइटिस, गैस्ट्रिक की तकलीफों, पुराने और बार-बार होने वाले बुखार, साइनस, एनीमिया, मैलन्कोलियो तथा हिस्टीरिया के इलाज में किया जाता है।
घरेलू नुस्खे -
(1) हरड़ का काढ़ा त्वचा संबंधी एलर्जी में लाभकारी है। हरड़ के फल को पानी में उबालकर काढ़ा बनाएँ और इसका सेवन दिन में दो बार नियमित रूप से करने पर जल्द आराम मिलता है। एलर्जी से प्रभावित भाग की धुलाई भी इस काढ़े से की जा सकती है।
(2) फंगल एलर्जी या संक्रमण होने पर हरड़ के फल और हल्दी से तैयार लेप प्रभावित भाग पर दिन में दो बार लगाएँ, त्वचा के पूरी तरह सामान्य होने तक इस लेप का इस्तेमाल जारी रखें।
(3) मुँह में सूजन होने पर हरड़ के गरारे करने से फायदा मिलता है। हरड़ का लेप पतले छाछ के साथ मिलाकर गरारे करने से मसूढ़ों की सूजन में भी आराम मिलता है।
(4) हरड़ का चूर्ण दुखते दाँत पर लगाने से भी तकलीफ कम होती है।
(5) हरड़ स्वास्थ्यवर्धक टॉनिक होता है जिसके प्रयोग से बाल काले, चमकीले और आकर्षक दिखते हैं। हरड़ के फल को नारियल तेल में उबालकर (हरड़ पूरी तरह घुलने तक) लेप बनाएँ और इसे बालों में लगाएँ या फिर प्रतिदिन 3-5 ग्राम हरड़ पावडर एक गिलास पानी के साथ सेवन करें।
(6) हरड़ का गूदा कब्ज से राहत दिलाने में भी गुणकारी होता है। इस गूदे को चुटकीभर नमक के साथ खाएँ या फिर 1/2 ग्राम लौंग अथवा दालचीनी के साथ इसका सेवन करें|
Hello sir, My age is 24 years, I am very thin and during sex very much white liquid coming, so what is there any problems, what should I do, please give me guidance.thanks
Dear sir and what is the meaning of Foreplay. Dear sir and madam. I am planing sex with my girlfriend without condom which time I am planing sex before periods or after period or periods time pls help madam or sir.
I can get pregnant if boyfriend come in me on the 25th which 14th day which I counted from day I started my period it said on Internet that when start period count 14 days then on 14th day get him cum in you then you become pregnant.
One of my friend did sex with her bf by using protection but she does not no that unfortunately protection was broken she thinks that sperm may be entered and she took. I pill there is any chances for pregnancy?
If I had a skipping. Is this helpful for my body fat. And any harmful effects to mu ovary by doing skipping rope? And what are the things I done before do a skipping?
Hello, I am married few months ago. I and my husband stayed in 2 different countries after marriage, so there was no physical relationship. Now we are together and I am not ready for kids now as I want to spend some time with him, where as my husband is against using any precautions. And he has an opinion of following the natural process. I do not want more time but, to spend at least 3-4 months before planning for a baby. Please suggest the precautions I can take!
Hello doc, my wife has an ovarian cyst we got married before 10 months and now we wants a baby we tried since 5 months but she is not getting pregnant. Is it due to ovarian cyst? Ovarian cyst prevents pregnancy ?plz suggest.
Respected Doctors, My wife has been advised to consume DESVAL ER 250 mg for the early stage of Fits by a neurologist. In the mean time, we are planning for our second baby. Is there any problem or difficulties in conceiving by having this tablet? Kindly advice Respected Doctors.
I am 23 years old married woman. I got to know from ultrasound that I am 7 week pregnant inspite of using condom (last coitus before getting pregnant when the condom tore I took an emergency contraceptive pill. My family is not settled now. So I decided to go for a medical abortion. I consumed misoprostol nd mifepristone kit on March 1st. I was bleeding till march 28th. When I had intercourse with my husband I started bleeding. Its very heavy and I have cramps pain. Wat shud I do? M worried.
I didn't miss my periods but we had intercourse after that every day but I feel morning sickness and vomiting sensation for past 2days May I know whether am I pregnant. I check with test also it's negative.
Hi Doctors! I'm , 21 years old unmarried girl. Actually I have on unprotected sex with my bf on 4th of September Night sex k bad 12 ghante k andar hi means agle din 5sept ko din 12 bje tak maine ek ipill leli. But ipill lene k bad 5 september ko again I have an unprotected sex with my bf. So aesi situation mei kya mujhe fir se ipill lena chahiye ya jo ipill maine 12bje tk din 5september ko li thi vo mere dono unprotected sex k bad pregnancy se nachne k liye enough hai? please give a answer soon. Ye mai isliye puch rhi qki mere periods lastly 13th of august ko aaye the nd hmesa se hi mere periods 24 ya 25 days pr aa jate hai uske according 13 august k bad mera period 5 ya 6 tk aa jana chahiye tha but aaj 7 September bhi khatam hi ho gya ab tk mera period nhi aya. Isliye mujhe darr lg rha pregnancy ka. Plz tell me what to do in this situation kya karna chahiye mujhe 5september ko jo unprotected sex hua uske according abhi 48 hours hue hai so kya mujhe fir se ipill leni chahiye. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.