Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajit Padgovkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit PadgovkarYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors. I am 25 year female. And haven't conceive baby and all test are normal including blood test. Urine test. Egg test and hsg is normal. So, please contact me. For all this query. that what should I do for it. Please its very important for my married life. Duration of marriage. Is one and half year.
Sir my wife's periods starts from 10th of April in night and her menstrual cycle is about 28 days. So may I know her ovulation period. And which date have very high chance for conceiving the baby.
During IUI doctor saw I had some infection in cervix and asked for pep smear. What can that be or this is dangerous also prescribed tablet.
Hi respected doctors. Want to know. I am 7 mnth pregnant. I want normal delivery. So I want information how it can possible. Coz I deliver my first baby with cesarean. N it took 4 year. Is niw possible normal delivery for me.
Hi sir/mdam already I said that I have a hypo thyroid, I have one doubt in that I got a married last year, I am trying to conceive still there is no result in that, and one more thing I have no irregular periods it is regular, can you give me the suggestion,
Please. Tell me the name of medicine by which I can get quick periods by aborting 25 days pregnancy.
How to use today female contraceptive available in India which produce lather in female organ how to use it? Is it safe does it have any side effects please advice.
I am 5 months pregnant but their are no improvement in my weight hardly I gained 1 kg with in 5 months. What should i do?
My age 23 old. Mujhe periods 2 days hota h bs doctor bleeding boht kam hota h please doctor help me kya kru and pain boht hota h stomach m.
We had protected sex thrice in her menstrual cycle. She never suffers abdominal pain during bleeding. But this time she felt pain when it bleed. What's the reason?
Kabhi kabhi meri wife ko chakkar aate hain. Aur usko sar ghoomta mahsoos hota hai. Aisa kyon hota hai. Aisa aksar inter course ke bad feel hota hai.
I want to make my wife pregnant. Period started on 6th of june. I had sex with her from 10th of june to 15th of june. Than she went to her maayka. Is it possible she gets pregnant?
Hi After cervical stitches, do I have to take complete bed rest till delivery, no work and no exercise or no household works like cooking or sweeping. Because am alone at home with my husband.
Uric acid is a breakdown product of purines that are part of many foods we eat. An abnormality in handling uric acid and crystallization of these compounds in joints can cause attacks of painful arthritis, kidney stones, and blockage of the kidney filtering tubules with uric acid crystals, leading to kidney failure.
Gout has the unique distinction of being one of the most frequently recorded medical illnesses throughout history.
Gout results from abnormal deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint cartilage.
The crystals are later released into the joint fluid.
Gout was once incorrectly thought to be a disease of only the rich and famous, caused by consuming too much rich food and fine wine.
Although diet and excessive drinking contribute to gout, they are not the main cause of the condition.
We now know that heredity plays a role in the development of gout, and it's often associated with other medical problems like high blood pressure.
Not everyone with high levels of uric acid will develop gout.
The kidneys' ability to rid the body of uric acid is partly determined by heredity.
And just because someone in the family suffers from gout does not mean everyone in that family will have the disease.
This risk varies from person to person.
What Are the Symptoms of Gout?
- Sudden, intense joint pain, which often can wake a person from sleep
- Swollen joint that is warm to touch
- Red or purple skin around the joint.
The amount of uric acid in your blood can change depending on what you eat and drink, how hydrated or dehydrated you are, your overall health, how much alcohol you drink, and the medicines you are taking.
It can change in response to a sudden illness..
How Is Gout Treated?
There is no cure for gout, but it can be treated and controlled. Symptoms often are relieved within 24 hours after treatment has begun.
The type of treatment prescribed will depend on several factors, including the person's age, type of medications he or she is taking, overall health, medical history, and severity of gout attacks.
Gout attacks are mainly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. These include:
* NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, are generally prescribed to treat sudden and severe gout attacks.
They usually reduce inflammation and pain within hours.
* Corticosteroids (also called steroids), may be prescribed for people who cannot take NSAIDs.
Steroids also work by decreasing inflammation.
Steroids can be injected into the affected joint or given as pills.
* Colchicine is often used to treat gout and usually begins working within a few hours of taking it. This drug is used less often due to concerns about its side effects.
Dr. Sanjay Kapoor(Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgeon)
For More Details
Choose your white foods carefully
- Avoid white rice, bread, pasta. These refined foods promote weight gain as they are digested quickly and cause your blood-sugar and insulin levels to spike.
- Making the switch to wholesome wholegrain varieties will help you maintain a healthy weight and keep you full for longer, as they are rich in fibre and help keep your blood-sugar levels balanced.
- Includes whole grain choices like whole oats, quinoa, brown rice, daliya, buckwheat, whole grain pasta and grainy bread add in your main meal.
Drink 2-3 litres of water a day
We often forget to keep our water intake up during winter, yet it is important to drink plenty of water all year round for good health. Don't forget air conditioning and heaters can be very dehydrating.
Try to drink at least two litres a day. Herbal teas count too.
There are many wonderful health-promoting teas to choose from such as ginger (great for improving circulation), green (a powerful antioxidant and can help promote weight loss), and chamomile (helps calm your nerves).
Eat protein with every meal
- One of the best ways to maintain a healthy weight is to eat good-quality, low-fat protein at each meal.
- Protein foods have a low gi and help to stabilise blood-sugar levels, which in turn will help curb sugar cravings and prevent you snacking on sugary carbohydrate foods.
- A good guide is to keep protein servings to the size and thickness of your palm. Some healthy protein choices include nuts, seeds, legumes (and legume-based foods such as hummus), egg white, fish, lean meat, chicken, low-fat dairy and soy products.
- Protein foods also help to create a feeling of fullness, preventing you from overeating.
Fill half your plate with fruit and veg salad
- At least half of your diet should be made up of fresh fruit and vegetables (including legumes).
- Fruit and vegetables are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals including vitamins a and c, folate, iron and calcium.
- Purple, red and orange varieties are particularly high in potent health-promoting antioxidants.
- However, if you are watching your waistline, don't overdo higher-gi veggies such as potato, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Aim to have about three pieces of fruit a day. Try adding fruit to your porridge, and make stewed fruit have with muesli or natural yoghurt in the morning.
Start your dinner with soup
- Have a small bowl of low-calorie mix veg soup before your main meal to help manage your weight.
- Doing this is not only a great way to increase your vegetable intake, it can help reduce the amount of food and calories you consume in a meal.
- To save time, make a healthy vegetable-based soup at the beginning of the week and freeze portions.
- Don't forget to add immune-boosting ingredients such as garlic, ginger, onion and miso to help protect yourself from colds and flu.