Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit MehtaYour feedback matters!
I have a saggy breast I want that to get back normal. It happened as I needed my 2 babies. Please give me solution for this.
What can be used for safe sex without using condoms or pills but with the chance to take baby after 2 or 3 years? Please suggest me.
I am 23 years old and have high prolactin level for a year and a half which goes above 50. I have to take vrainstar 0.25 mg daily to control it. Otherwise I dont get periods. Is there any other solution?
Hi Period start ho jaye fir pregnant hone ka koi khatara nai hota? Aur jab period ki wajah se Jo blood nikal jata he uski bharpai aur weakness dur karne ke liye konsa food jyada khana chahiye aur koi fruit syrup or medicine plz.
My wife did d and c last 9 months back after that she didn't able to conceive and the periods are not regular what the reason for this? Whether I need to do semen analysis?
My periods date was 18. Sept I usually get my periods 5 or 6 days before But still now I did not got my periods n my husband n I had unprotected sex also M feeling like cramps Stomach pain Vomiting Are this signs of being pregnant I had 2 ectopic also before Please check additional info also.
I was in physical relationship with one guy before two years, but my marriage fixed with another boy, I don't want to share with my fiance about my past life. So what will do? could you please suggested me so that physically he could not find that I had been physical with a guy.
I've got periods over a month now. I am able to consult a doctor since am traveling everyday. If three any medication to stop my periods? The flow is heavy.
Main me apni girl friend se sex Kia hai air condom fatt gya so pregnet ho gai hai and usse mensis nai aye 5 din ho gaye abhi to pregnancy ko khatam karne ki koi medicine btaye ?
My gf recently got abortion, can I have sex with her at this time? Is there any problem if I sex with her?
Hi I'm 25 year old female. I'm having trouble while peeing today. Last night I used vibrator. I'm having bleeding issues now though it shouldn't be periods. What could be the probable reason?
Hi, I am 32 years. Already I have one girl baby (cesarean), she is 8 years old. Now I am 8 month pregnant. My last period was on 07/02/2016. Delivery date given on 13/11/2016 as per scan. I will get paid before date or which day I will get cesarean delivery. Which baby can I have. Kindly let me know.
Hi, (female, 18) My menstruation cycle date was on 03-02-2017. But was occurred on 05-02-2017. And the blooding is not as usual, daily 7-10 drops of blood comes out. Regular period days is 5. But this time even on. 7th day (12-02-2017) drops of bleeding continues. Stomach pain when bleeds. Blood color is normal. Back pain, and knee join pain found periodically. What might be the reason? Any medications to be taken? Please reply as soon as possible.
I am having librax, pankreiflat, and pantocid dsr fr about 2 weeks. My periods is delayed for about 8 days. Can this medicines be the reason for delaying of periods?
One month back I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend my regular period time is 27. But I use unwanted pregnancy pill. Till I don't get period. Is there any chance of getting pregnancy. I used the pill after one hour. Could you please let me how to know I am pregnant are not. Without consult a doctor.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.