Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajit Mehta
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old I feel 1 breast pain followed by another I also experience abdominalpain bt the pregnancy test was negative many times. What should i do?
Hi I have a pcos problem and I am married for 2 years. We tried naturally for one month but I did not conceived. So second month we consulted a doctor she kept me on clomifene citrate 50 mg from 3-9 days. And she gave a hcg shot on 14th day of my cycle. And we had timely intercourse but unfortunately I got my periods after taking gestofit. So the doctor advised me to have SSG test done. But I was not ready for that as we planned pregnancy only one month back. So we consulted another doc and she kept me on clomifene citrate 100 mg from day 4-8 and forminal for 30 days and weekly vit D supplement. So please tell me what are the chances of my successful pregnancy this time. Is SSG test necessary?
I currently started using hooked bra. But I still don't know the proper size as I wear 32B of one brand but other 32B cups are very big. Internet has very different methods to determine the bra size. What is the proper way to determine the bra size?
I had sex on 3 march Nd my previous months period date was 9 Feb.And mostly my periods comes after 28 days of my last mnth periods.Can I get pregnant?
I had an intercourse on 3.7.16 unprotected. My period date was due on 14.7.16. On 13.7.14 I had spotting followed by bleeding next day without any period symptoms and cramps. Am I pregnant?
Doctor while I am doing toilet the toilet is like blood and it is paining and I fell to go toilet in every time.
I am 25 years married woman. Suffering from fibroadenoma in both breast. On nipple something hard thing I don't know what is this its paining.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I have bleeding from yesterday I do ultrasound today it became negative for pregnancy but my endometrium wall is 12mm thick and egg not properly and ovary attach to uterus what I can do help me.
Is it safe to have sex during pregnancy? Til what time/ months is it okay to have sex? Be it protected or unprotected.
Hello doctor, I am 24 years female. My vagina is getting reddish and itching sometimes. While doing sex its hurting. My husband's penis is also getting red inside surrounded by some white discharge after intercourse with me. And he is also feeling itchy around his penis head. How to stop this problem.
Sir last 15dys before I had unprotected sex with female friend ? But after having some time I'm getting tension bought I may be any problems like hiv. What i have to do tel i have to do blood test or What to do tell me sir thanx.
What should we do if amniotic fluid level is 2.5 mm, and due date for delivery is 31.11.16. She feels no labor pain yet.
Sometimes getting pregnant is not a very easy task, and may end up taking a long time. But once you've decided to start a family of your own, it becomes harder to wait for it to happen.
So here are the do's & dont's:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
- Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as
- Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
I am 20 year old female. My feet get cold during monthly periods from 5-6 years. I took SPASMONIL tablets from 2-4 year to get relief. How to overcome this problem. I took advice from this site only. They were said that :get fasting serum TSH. And they give me advice that get your blood checked" were I am little confused that what kind of blood test like hemoglobin or what else. Acknowledgement requires.
I am not getting my periods from 2 months next month will be my 3rd and I was sexually active but on that time I had an I pill from that onwards I am not getting my periods and after having the I pill on that day I had again period from that till now I didn't had it and in now I get pain in my stomach cramps n all but no get periods have come.
M 21 years old. and i am missing my periods. Today is 36th day bt. and sometimes feeling pain in lower abdomen. and I already have an irregular history of menses. What to do? suggest me some medicine ?
Weight training is a method of exercise where you use either your body weight or external weight to build strength and increase muscle size. The principle of weight training centers on eccentric and concentric movements of the skeletal muscles, thus stimulating them to grow. Usually the sets, reps and the tempo of the exercise are manipulated to concentrate on size, endurance or strength.
It is important to note that certain aspects of weight training are detrimental to your body. You need to be aware of these aspects so that you can maximize your strength gains.
Here are 4 ways that weight training may harm your body are:
- Warm up: Warming up before working out is very essential, as it increases blood flow in the body. It loosens up your stiff joints and elevates your heart rate. You may do basic cardio exercises, such as jumping jacks and bodyweight squats as your warm up regime.
- Don't push yourself too hard: Don't over exert yourself in your workouts, listen to your body and stop when you feel that you can't go on anymore. It increases the likelihood of you being injured and thus is detrimental to your health.You may try to lift heavier weights compromising on form or posture, which can lead to various muscle tears or strains.
- Stretch after your workout: It is very important that you stretch after your weight training workout. It aids in muscle recovery after a heavy workout and also makes the joints more mobile and flexible. Stretching also allows the tensed muscles to relax and improves posture. Lack of stretching increases chances of injuring your muscles and may put a damper on your weight training muscles.
- Injuries: Injuries such as pulling a muscle or injuring your joints are very common if you lift weights. It is of utmost importance that you follow proper form while working out. An example of this would be when you don't keep your spine straight while squatting, thus resulting in a slipped disc injury.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!