Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit DandekarYour feedback matters!
I breath heavy because of smoking. I have quit smoking but still I am suffering with the side effects off it. What should I do?
Hi sir/mam mjhe suicidal thought aa rhe h what should i do ? mere hands m bhi shivering ho rhi h please advice
We lost our 3days old baby recently. My wife is deeply suffered with negativity. We are at suburbs of kolkata. What should i do?
3 Things You Did Not Know You Should See a Psychologist For
Most people consider seeing a psychologist an act of weakness or embarrassment. Therefore, they never think that their prolonged periods of stress, anxiety, grief and conflict could be a sign that they need professional help. They fail to understand that psychotherapy is nothing but a strategy to relieve stress and make life easier to live and that often, it does not require you to get stuck amidst expensive treatments or prolonged medication and consultation sessions.
Here are 3 times when you did not know but you needed to see a psychologist.
1. You feel intense emotions way too much
It is common for everybody to feel angry or sad at times in their life but if you feel these emotions too intensely, frequently and for prolonged durations, it may be the right time for you to see a psychologist. If your emotions overpower you to such an extent that your ability to function is impaired, it is a sure shot sign that you need professional attention. Also, if your anxiety levels are so high that you immediately imagine the worst case scenarios associated with any challenging situation that comes your way, you should not delay your visit to the psychologist because it may lead to panic attacks and paralysis.
2. You cannot stop thinking about the trauma that you had faced sometime in your life
If you are too grieved with the pain of death, loss of job, fear of accident etc. that you once faced in your life and there is no way how you think that you can get over it, you should seek immediate help from a psychologist. You may think that these feelings are natural and that you cannot do anything about them but in reality, it is not so. In fact, if left untreated, these conditions can lead you to a lifestyle where daily functioning is impaired. So if your trauma is too hard for you to handle, consider visiting a psychotherapist to prevent further damage.
3. You fall ill too quickly and headaches are a persistent problem
Being emotionally upset can affect your body in more ways than you think. So every time when you fall ill, the cause may not always be a physical medical condition. Stress and anxiety can lead to chronic illnesses like frequent stomach ache, reduced sexual drive, frequent cold, severe neck pain etc. So if you fall ill too quickly and the reasons for your illness are far beyond the comprehension of the general practitioner, it is high time that you consider visiting a psychologist.
I am preparing for md exam, and I am normal all time but as the exam came I got depressed and got lost my sleep-late at 2 am and wake at5 am started weeping and even by seeing others girl studying got more depressed please suggest some method to avoid it bcoz it is decreasing my performance.
I am 24 year old male. I have some problem of puberphonia at times and hoarse/hazy voice as I understand from the feedback that I get. What should I do now? I've read online that speech/voice therapy can help me but can someone tell me what would be the duration and approximate cost of treatment? Thanks.
I feel some pain on my chest middle portion and slight left side. When I stretch my chest then realize the pain mainly. I smoke daily only 2/3 ciggarates. And also bad habit of sleeping oppositely (chest is on the down side). What I do sir?
I am a regular smoker are there any medicines to cure smoking problems and any ways to quit smoking.
I remain upset evertime i cant handle relation i dnt keep any contacts with friends i am afraid to go alone anywhere my confident level is zero
I am a heavy smoker. I have lung cancer and copd. I am unable to stop smoking. I have anxiety and depression. Please suggest me how to get rid of my habit.
I smoke over 40 Cigarettes per day and have been an alcoholic for almost two years now. How damaged are my lungs and liver at the present moment?
My in laws are always shouting and fighting. Shouting on my kids. I get depressed and angry. Please advise.
14 hours ago
Welcome my dear patient,Confide in me your suffering.
My decades of long study, and my hard, exhaustive training, is always at your service.
But understand this, my friend That I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
My sleep at night, I give up, and my time with my family too.
I sacrifice my own health, sometimes, in order to heal you.
These sacrifices I don’t regret.
But understand this, my friend That I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
I shall treat your illness, every night and day.
But will you get well by it? I confess, I cannot say.
“What do you mean?” You ask.
My answer is, my friend That I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
You may get better, your health, vigor renewed,
Your eyes will then be filled, with tears of gratitude.
I do not deserve those tears.
Offer them to God,my friend, for I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
I merely give you medicine, as my Teaching would tell me to.
But God is really the one who restores health back to you.
He deserves the credit.
Understand this,my friend That I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
The same medicine that healed you, may, also sadly,
Unexpectedly and without warning, cause illness in another.
It’s all Destiny and God’s will.
That’s the truth,my friend That I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
Illness, health, life & death, are decided by Fate, you see.
They cannot be guaranteed, neither by you, nor me.
As your well-wishing PSYCHIATRIST AND DOCTOR, I can only try my best.
Accept this, my friend That I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
So shower me, my dear patient, neither with praise nor hatred.
Try to understand & remember,
This cardinal truth instead, I am a human being like you,
Imperfect &mortal, my friend That I am not God, but neither am I the Devil!
Recently I broke up with my girlfriend since that day I'm thinking so much about her I want to forget her so I tried communicating with my friends and all but what ever we were discussing my mind automatically diverting to think about her. So please kindly help me to control my thoughts. For that what should I need to do.
Dear sir, I was chain smoker but from last 1 month I reduced smoking but I feel nervous and feeling depress if I don't take smoke. Can you please help me what to do in this situation.
What is the reason for differential fear limit in various person since due to high fear group like me leads to depression in due course of time how it can be overcome naturally.
I am feeling so tired. Lack of sleep. Frustration. How can I be normal? I have stammering. Is there any remedial process which can make me cured? please help me.
Having a mental problem can be very frightening and distressing. Person suffering from any kind of mental disorder may have a feeling that they are losing their mind, causing fear and sense of isolation. It is important to know that having a mental issue doesn't mean that you are going mad. There are various disorders and problems, which may arise relating to mental health. These problems can change the way you think and behave. Therefore, it is important to know what kind of disorder you are suffering from and what could be the reason behind it. The disorders are of different types and have different effects and symptoms.
Here are the different types of mental health problems:
- Anxiety disorders: People suffering from anxiety disorders are fearful while responding to certain objects and scenarios. Physical signs of panic and anxiety are present as well, which may include rapid sweating and rapid heartbeat. Treatment is required when a person cannot control his response and when his response is inappropriate. Anxiety disorder involves a general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and phobia.
- Mood disorders: These kinds of disorders are also known as affective disorders and the patients feel persistent feelings of depression and several periods of intense joy in a fluctuating manner. Depression, bipolar disorder and cyclothymic disorder are some common types of mood disorders.
- Psychotic disorders: In this kind of disorder, a patient experiences distorted awareness and thinking. Hallucinations or perceptions of unreal images or sounds and delusions are common symptoms of psychotic disorders. The most common psychotic disorder is schizophrenia.
- Eating disorders: Eating disorder incorporates extreme emotions, attitudes and abnormal behavior regarding food and weight. Common eating disorders include bulimia, anorexia nervosa and binge eating.
- Impulse control disorders: People with this kind of disorder usually work upon their impulse in an extreme way and cannot resist their impulse to carry out tasks, which may cause harm to them or to others. They include pyromania, kleptomania and compulsive gambling. Such people are likely to get addicted to drugs and alcohol and become deeply engrossed in these practices.
- Personality disorders: People affected by personality disorders possess extreme, inflexible traits in their personality, which cause distress to them and may cause problems in work, school and in social relationships. A person's thinking patterns and behavior change significantly from what is accepted by the society. Examples of personality disorders are antisocial personality disorder, paranoia and obsessive compulsive personality disorder.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: People suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD suffer from constant fearful thoughts, which may affect the smooth functioning of everyday life. The patient gets obsessed with thoughts and performs some rituals, which are called compulsions.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a condition, which develops after a person has experienced or witnessed a traumatic event and cannot get over the thoughts of that event. Long lasting fearful thoughts are experienced in the event and the patient may become numb emotionally.
There are many forms of mental health problems and mental illnesses. They all have different effects on the mind and some are quite serious. Effective treatment should be taken in case of mental-health problems.