Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit DandekarYour feedback matters!
I have a habit of Drinking only one beer a day and I'll smoke 3 cigarettes per day. Is there anything bad.
Sir, I need consultation on my love marriage with my cousin. Our parents are opposing it severely. I am very depressed no hope of life. If you can deal this type cases let me know. Please help me.
Head and limbs pain me so much pain that I do and sometimes the whole body is rigid, so all told me that treatment should be erased.
I am suffering from too much headache tension and depression last 3 days my mind was frustrated and I am not able to think something about me and anybody.
I am addicted of smoking and drinking. I want to leave it but I can't able. Give some ideas about how to leave smoking and drinking?
I feel like I'm crying inside so depressed when I discussed about these thoughts with my family they doesn't care they r ignoring .I feel lyk im dying I can't do anything .I don't want to be this person anymore I just wanted to kill myself.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
I am addict to the smoke. I wanted to quite smoking. But anyhow I control maximum 2-3 days after that I cannot control again I started smoking what should I do.
Worked in Dubai for 9 years and now back to india but working in low salary and on top of that handling lots of humiliation and work burden. Cant adjust in this situation and in house also too much money pressure to handle and give answer to all about salary matter. Kindly help to maintain my balance in mind and also too much confuse to what to do and what not do in solving all this issue. Cant sleep and indulge in too much thinking.
I am 23 years old boy having problem in stomach. I used to drink a lot and smoke also. Is the health problem causes by the drink? And what is the cure?
1. Initially I get erection (that too not satisfactory) but I loose it as I get ready for intercourse, after that I find it hard to get an erection and maintain it. Sometimes when I get full erection I loose it gradually as soon as I perform intercourse 2. I get to climax within 0-10 seconds Due to this I am not able to enjoy my married life, I am married since 3 years Other problems - I have acute sinusitis, digestion problem and anxiety / depression related issues, and frequent urination problem. Out of this currently I am undergoing unani treatment for sinus and frequent urination.
Hey .Actually m a chain smoker. And it causes in my health and my sex too. So kindly suggest some medication. Or home remedies.
I am a18 year old girl, l was confident about my future and decisions that l've made regarding my studies and career, but when I started to study the specified topics l was not able to follow it. L tried my best but l was not able secure the desired results, and now l feel like lam a waste, l know that I am depressed very much, what should l do to get my life back?
I'm a porn addict. I get seduced even when I see a women's skin or a glamorous wall poster or some normal sexy scenes in a movie. I masturbate 3 times per two days. Ie. More than 10 times a week. I have been doing this for past 5 years. Because of this, the way I look women itself is different. I wanted to get out of this. I'm too much worried. But since masturbation is the only thing that gives me happiness and also reduces my stress, I am not able to stop it. Please give me a solution.
I tried to quit smoking. And didn't smoke for 3 days. From that day am having headache and dizziness. Feeling like vomiting and sometimes vertigo also. After that I'm smoking half cigarettes whenever headache is severe, considering it as withdrawal symptom. Is there any other problem?
I am scared of what people think of me, because of which I am not confident about myself and get nervous a lot of times. Please help. This occurs with me in every situation when I keep thinking ki what will the other person think of me if I do a particular thing.
Sir, I always feel mentally bored, I can't concentrated in my study. Please give me some relief. I want to enjoy life. What is the method of this? Please help me.
I am male 33 years old .I am suffering from depression .I have taken treatment from last 2 years and I have decided everyday to take exercise but I think to wake early in the morning is effect my sleep. Due to this I can't do exercise.in the evening its too late bcz of office time. The medication given by doctor are 1.mirtaz7.5 2nexito-5 mg 3.later-50 mg Please suggest what should I do.
Hi, I am 20 years old boy. Its been a year I have ocd and its getting worser what can I do about it, which medication will safe for me.
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder, which can be indicated through obsession, having pervasive thoughts or thoughts, which may upset you, having certain compulsions, and practicing certain rituals, which may help to control or manage your obsessions. It is a disorder, which cannot be cured, but can be controlled with the help of treatment. Mostly, OCD is considered to be a lifelong disorder. It often circulates around the fear of germs or sickness and around keeping order and maintaining patterns.
He/she experience Doubt
Here's how it works. The person experience an unwanted thought which suggests the possibility of a catastrophic problem. For instance:
- What if I left the stove on, and the neighborhood burns?
- What if I got insecticide on my hands, and my family gets poisoned?
- What stops me from taking the carving knife and stabbing my spouse?
- What if I got poked by a needle infected with HIV?
These are thoughts about catastrophes. Naturally, you want to set them aside, and assure yourself that all is well.
And you try. You try very hard, very repetitively, to persuade yourself that all is well. You probably recognize that the thoughts are pretty exaggerated, even silly. But you keep trying to get rid of them. You try to feel absolutely sure that they're false. Even though you've never experienced these problems in the past, you want somehow to be certain that they will never happen in the future.
Here are some Tips that can help you in overcoming OCD
- Consult a qualified Psychiatrist: A qualified Psychiatrist is the only person who can diagnose and answer your question “Do I have OCD?” Fortunately, effective medicines are available now that can certainly help you overcome OCD. One important thing is, even if the medicines are taking time to work, consult your psychiatrist. Inform your Psychiatrist and he will make necessary changes in the prescription.
- Educate Yourself about OCD: There’s no substitute for being an informed patient. Your understanding of OCD, and of the treatment method, will be a key to your progress. If you’re going to overcome OCD, you need to become an informed consumer.
- Don’t be alone: OCD sufferers tend to do some compulsions to overcome their anxiety and these rituals are silly and awkward, that is why to avoid embarrassment such personally prefer to stay indoors. But staying indoors makes your mind locked in an OCD viscous cycle and it becomes difficult to break the cycle.
- Meditation: Meditation is an ancient relaxation method that can do wonders for you in overcoming OCD.
- Never neglect 3 practices: Regular Exercise, Healthy Diet and Sound sleep.
- Stop comparing yourself with others: it’s human nature to compare ourselves with others. Everyone has problems, difficulties. But they might be hiding there their sorrows, worries behind a mask, conveniently. Do not judge their quality of their happiness by looking at their external appearance.
- Find the cause: Find the real hidden reason for your anxiety, and take measures to reduce it. Sometimes chronic depression, childhood trauma, lack of sufficient sleep, etc. might be the reason.
- Help others: You will feel the satisfaction when you help others and see their smile.
- Don’t control your thoughts: Rather, control your reactions. And, Be happy, remain positive.
- Listen to music: Music has the tremendous power of healing and it diverts your mind.
- Do believe in the theory of KARMA: do your duties, don’t worry about results.