Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. AjitYour feedback matters!
I have b.P problem. How can I cure b.P problem. Please tell sir And I have taking 2 medicines Olsar a 20 and prolomet xl 50 Is it right.
My heart was paining past 1 weeks and im feeling sleepy all the time and unconscious. It start from last week when im travelling in the bus.
I want to increase my weight upto 50 kg. My diet is not proper and BP is also low due to stress. So pls guide me.
My total cholesterol is 221, LDL cholesterol is 136 and non HDL cholesterol is 165.5 Triglycerides is 102. Is there any need for treatment or start some medicine.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
My uncle experiences pain in the chest after shower, could it be a symptom or it is just a normal. Thing to happen?
Recently my father undergone with bypass surgery and now he is frustrated as he has to wake up for urinating several times at night, he is diabetic and age is 63. Please suggest is it liked with post bypass surgery issues or and medicine ?
I want to know that medicine name obemac for weight loss is safe to take or it is having any side effects. Is it safe for heart patient to take.
I suffer high blood pressure problem, I'm taking medicine twice in a day but my head is paining too much why?
How to know whether I am suffering from high BP or Sugar without going to a Doctor as there is no hospital nearby. In morning sometimes I feel giddiness discomfort or dry mouth.
Good evening When I suddenly get up my chest hold me back is this signe of low BP if yes what I need take care of food & other thing to care my self without medicine ?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
My age is 20. Since the last 3 months I have been having a problem of high blood pressure and headache. In my blood pressure reading 130/100. What should I do and what would be the probable reason behind this.
आदरणीय डॉक्टर साहब, मेरी उम्र 36 वर्ष है, मेरा वजन 75 Kg है, मेरा BP 155/92 के आस पास रहता है (बिना दवाई लिए) | अब मैं पिछले 4-5 महीनों से Seloken 50 MG (Metoprolol 50 mg) रोज रात को एक व Telista Trio CL 40 MG (Telmisartan 40 mg, Cilnidipine 10 mg, Chlorthalidone 12. 5 mg) रोज रात एक ले रहा हूँ इन दवाइयों के बाद मेरा BP 117/72 के आस पास रहता है | मैं जानना चाहता हूँ की क्याये दवाइयां लेना मेरे लिए सुरक्षित है?इन दवाइयों के लेते क्या मैं रक्त-दान (Blood Donate) कर सकता हूँ?कृपया विस्तार पूर्वक बताएं |
I am facing chest pain. All the reports are normal. However, I am still feeling the pain. What should do I do?
Hello sir, I am suffering from hypertention since 2 years, all reports are normal it's not going to down below 150/95 after taking the medication guide to me please
Are you experiencing irregular and fluctuating heartbeats? Is your heartbeat too fast or too slow? If yes, then it signifies that you are suffering from arrhythmias or abnormal heart rhythms. This is a disorder which affects the heart rate or heart rhythm and the heartbeat becomes irregular.
Causes of abnormal heart rhythms
Arrhythmias occurs due to problems with the electrical conduction system of the heart. In this case, abnormal signals might occur; the electrical signals might get blocked or slowed down, or the electric signals may travel in different paths throughout the heart. Abnormal heartbeats are commonly caused by the following:
- Abnormal potassium levels in the body
- Heart attacks or due to a damaged heart muscle, owing to a previous heart attack
- Inborn heart diseases
- Cases of an enlarged heart and heart failure
- Overreaction of the thyroid gland
- Several other substances or medicines may lead to arrhythmias, such as alcohol, stimulant drugs, caffeine, nicotine, and antidepressant medicines or blood pressure medicines.
Diagnosis of abnormal heart rhythms
For the diagnosis of arrhythmias, your doctor will use a stethoscope to listen to your heartbeat. Several health monitoring devices are used to detect abnormal heart rhythms. These include the Holter monitor and the event monitor, or a loop recorder.
Other diagnosis tests which are required to be carried out include coronary angiography, ECG or electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram. A test known as an electrophysiology can be undertaken for getting a closer look at the electrical system of the heart.
Treatment for abnormal heart rhythms
When a case of arrhythmias is severe, urgent treatment is required for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal. The different forms of treatment are as follows:
- Electrical shock therapy such as defibrillation or cardioversion
- Implanting of a heart pacemaker for a short term
- Certain medications which are given through the veins or orally
- A group of medicines known as anti-arrhythmic drugs is used for the prevention of recurrence of the condition and to keep the heart rate from fluctuating continually.
- Cardiac ablation may be carried out for destroying some areas in the heart from where the rhythm problems are caused.
- An implantable cardiac defibrillator is used in people who are at a risk of facing cardiac death.
In case you experience abnormal heart rhythm, you must consult a doctor immediately. You should only start taking medicines and follow a treatment after it has been recommended by a doctor.