Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay ShahYour feedback matters!
How to know that baby is having a good feed? She generally takes 1-2 hours of continuous feeds and sometimes even after taking feeds doesn't take sound sleep.
My baby (boy) is two months old and his stomach is out of belly, 1 inches outer from belly, why its longer and how to cure it or how to make it normal, please help.
My son was given the first dose of rotasure. But the second one on 10 week was not given as rotasure is not available in bangalore. What do I do now? The dose was due on 12th nov.
My 5.5 month old has been passing green thick smelly stool since we started him on top feed - banana, dal water, rice paste, wheat paste etc. Is this normal? There is no apparent discomfort he is suffering from.
My baby is 3 and half months. He have cold and cough also from last three days .Dr gave maxtra drop and nasoclear but cold and and cough not cure. Is steam can give to baby for relief what should I do please suggest.
Hello sir My son is 16 months old and still he has not started walking him self He walk with sports of fingers or any My delivery was normal n baby also health 3.9 K.G Pls tell me what to do His dr tv vitamin n vitamin D iron But still no use I am worried Pls help me
Hello, I was put on vaginal susten thrice a day till 9 weeks of pregnancy due to history of 1 miscarriage (had PCOS). By 7 months I got a false pain. But no contraction was there. Doctor didn't want to take risk. So I was asked to take lung development steroid. Also Susten 200 again 10 days. By 39 weeks I delivered a baby girl weighing 3.13 kg on 14 Feb 2014. But she has lot of hairs on back forehead etc. Now even cheeks are mildly hairy. Small hairs. Near the ears etc. pediatrician says its genetic. But nobody in our family has this. I am vry much worried.
My 10 years daughter cries too much, she doesnt says anything if she is having any problem, only cries, please tell what to do?
How can I increase sex time by Ayurvedic method. I am 28 male weight 100 kg .and 2.5 years old daughter.
My son is having a cough n cold n fever since two days I have given him vikoryl due to which fever has gone n to some extent even cold is also gone but cough is accumulated in the chest kindly suggest me some home remedies or medicine to remove the cough from the chest.
My son is 1 year old and his weight is just 8 kg, his birth weight was 3 kg, actually he had to left breastfeeding at 6 months due to the pregnancy of my wife, I agree that was a big mistake but I now want to increase the weight of my son so please suggest good healthy powders and tonic for his proper gain and growth. Thank you.
My 10 years son had deep yellow urine since last 5 days. Sent his blood to Dr. Lal lab and rceceived lft report as follows billirubin direct 2.77mg/dl indiect 2.57mg total 5.34mg/dl sgpt 2226u/l sgot 1797u/l. Alp 403u/l ggt 152 u/l red cell distribution width 17% esr 53. Has good appetite and moving normally, mild itching, pl guide? giving sorbiline 7.5ml twice daily.
How many times a nebulizer is given to a baby in a single day that can not affect the health of a baby?
I have daughter she is thirteen years old she has the habit of getting up in the night when she is asleep every one or two hours .I just want to know the cure for her restless sleep.
My son is age of 11 months he was healthier suddenly become very thin and was not eating much as earlier. He is getting milktooth too. What to be done in order making him healthier? Thanks in advance.
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.