Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajay P. Yadav
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay P. YadavYour feedback matters!
Your teeth may be hurting your sex life without you even knowing it. A new preliminary study from Taiwan suggests there is a link between a deflated penis and poor dental hygiene. The study found that men with erectile dysfunction were 79% more likely to also have chronic periodontal disease (CPD).
If you aren?t familiar with CPD it is an infection of the gums. The gums pull away from the teeth, creating deep pockets that carry tons of bacteria, eventually spreading to the bone.
MUST READ: 5 Foods That Increase Sperm Count
The gum disease causes chronic inflammation which can ultimately damage the endothelial cells, which form the lining on all of the blood vessels, including those in the penis. Damaged endothelial cells can result in impartial blood flow, resulting in a not so satisfying night in the sack.
Urologist Larry Lipshultz, M.D. Said in Men?s Health, ?Because the blood vessels to the penis are about 25 percent the size of the ones to the coronaries, ED can often serve as an early warning sign for heart problems and vascular disease.?
Thankfully, if CPD is caught in its early stages, it can be addressed with a few deep cleanings from a dentist. Later discoveries may result in gum surgery, or even worse, tooth extraction. It?s very important that precautionary measures are taken ahead of time, by simply exercising good daily dental hygiene.
According to Sally J. Cram, consumer advisor for the American Dental Association, ?Most people who have the disease don?t feel pain until it is in the advanced stages so be sure to see your dentist if you experience red swollen gums, bleeding gums when brushing, bad breath, loose teeth, and receding gums.?
Regarding online consultation there are certain points which all should know and follow.
1) The description of the diseases should be complete in all respects, including any tests done and any medicines already taking. Just saying I have diabetes since 10 years and taking Metformin cannot help a discerning doctor a scientific advice.
2) Your place and name and mail id and phone number should be in the question. It is necessary at times to know where you stay to give a good advice. (For example if there the climate is warm or cold and many other factors)
3) It is necessary to keep in regular touch for some diseases like diabetes and hypertension. So make it a point to be in touch by asking private questions. And repeat the essential point of the previous question to give a continuing answer. All these are said with intention to give a scientifically correct answer and talk as if in a regular consultation about which I am very keen to.
4) For personalised attention and follow up ask privately and it is better to make online payment if you are asked to by the doctor. It involves his time and dedication to give you expert advice after studying your problem. Ask personally in case of doubts about any medical matter. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
If you are willing to accept me as your regular health care giver / doctor I can give you regular, prompt,
well studied and scientific answers for all your medical problems, which you ask me privately in this site. Sorry to say I will ask for a small payment for my efforts and intelligently studied answers. Regards. Www.Lybrate.Com/drsajeev
Ask privately. It is essential and useful to have a doctor answer your doubts online as it time spent in going to a clinic. Majority of diseases can be treated by online by consultation with an experienced doctor and does not need physical examination. You can use this site and ask me privately
I am face teeth problem for 6 month and have tried all type tooth pest but not get any result my teeth problem please sir, do you give suggestion about my teeth problem?
I am 58 years old, I am suffering from the disease of decaying of Gums, some times blood also seen during brushing of teeth.
I am 26 years old just I'm facing problem with teeth (Tooth Sensitivity). Can you let me know solution on this.
I have an ulcer in the back side of my tongue. But wrongly I have used mometasone furoate cream usp in that tongue ulcer twice by that I have swallowed some ointment also. What will be the reaction.
Teeth colour changed after started smoking. How to achieve the natural colour. Are those treatments fine to have regularly?
Dental anxiety is a widespread problem in populations across the world abstaining them from regular dental visits. Previous studies reported 64% of individuals nervous of dental treatment, with a smaller but still significant number of adults (2.4–5%) classed as dental phobics (serious psychological problem). Surveys completed by the American Association of Endodontists reveals that most people with a fear of the dentist are based on others’ experience and not their own. Being an Endodontist (“endo” – inside; “odont” – tooth), I am compelled to write about Root Canal Treatment given its bad reputation in general. A thorough understanding of what is going to happen is half the battle won.
WHAT IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Root canal treatment is the removal of nerve and blood supply of the tooth to remove its sensation. A tooth crown has essentially 3 layers- outermost ENAMEL, DENTIN in between followed by PULP (THE INNERMOST VITAL PART OF TOOTH)
As long as decay or trauma or infection underneath old fillings or fracture are restricted to enamel and dentin, FILLINGS are enough. The moment the problem hits the PULP, it is clearly a Root Canal Treatment. Precisely, avoiding a Root Canal Treatment is entirely in your hands by scheduling regular dental visits and getting the required intervention done on time.
NEGLECT STARTS OUT AS AN INFECTION THEN BECOMES A DISEASE.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- You have severe tooth pain especially on chewing or applying pressure on that side of the mouth
- Excruciating thrombing pain in lying down position
- Tender or swollen gums near the painful tooth
- Lingering pain in your tooth when it is exposed to hot or cold temperatures
- NO PAIN AT ALL
- Tooth appears darker or discolored
- You see a tiny pimple on your gums with intermittent pus discharge.
IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PAINLESS?
Every patient undergoing Root Canal Treatment for the first time has invariably enquired about this. While every tooth and every person responds differently, ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS PAINLESS- before, during and after the procedure when performed by a skilled and experienced root canal specialist.
At Dental Panache, we ensure to invest maximum time and attention is making you numb in a pain free manner. We use topical gels and sprays to make your soft tissue numb before injecting it with very fine needles to ensure minimum discomfort. We also administer long lasting anaesthetic agents for longer appointments. When the local anaesthesia is effective, the whole procedure is absolutely PAINLESS.
Before the anaesthesia effect wears off, we start your antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs for about 3-5 days to ensure smooth healing and speedy recovery.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT LAST?
Though root canals can be done in a single appointment (without crown), we prefer to complete the whole process in two appointments to better judge the tooth’s response and manage it effectively. Every appointment typically lasts for 45- 90 minutes. We always give you bite blocks to open your mouth so that you are not tired.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING OR AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- It is normal to feel tenderness or dull aching pain in the affected area for a few days because the ligament between your tooth and socket may be inflamed.
- Avoid chewing from the affected side till the crown is fixed. A root canal treated tooth inherently becomes weak and is always covered with crown for protection to prevent fracture while chewing hard food stuff.
- A foreign body feeling remains after crown cementation for 1-2 days.
- Start eating only soft food with the crown for the initial few days and gradually start using it like any other natural tooth.
- For long term success, proper oral hygiene habits and regular dental screening are imperative.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT HAS FAILED?
It usually takes 18 months for a Root canal to FAIL (Before symptoms appear). Root canals can be safely attempted again at least twice with fairly high success rates if done by a skilled practitioner. The success rate of retreatment has been shown to be in the range of 80% healing.
PRESERVE NATURE’S GIFT
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE YOUR NATURAL TOOTH (NO DENTIST CAN RECREATE ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOUR OWN TOOTH). If you do not get a proper Root canal treatment done, the tooth may eventually fracture. Studies have shown that well treated root canal fillings will last for many years, if not a lifetime. It is any day better than removing the diseased tooth and getting it replaced by a bridge/implant (depending on prognosis of the case).