Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay MehtaYour feedback matters!
How much effective are growth hormones in providing growth? Can anyone take them? What should I do if I want to take this treatment? Please tell me the cost of it and time period of the treatment.
Meri wife ke period 6 August ko aaye the uske baad abhi tak nai aaye kal hi Maine prega news lane fuel kiya per result negeetiv tha abi kaise pata chalega wo pregnant hai ya nahi our agar pregnant nai hai to period abitak kyo nai aaye please reply kare thankfully our ek sawal uske aang perse safed pani bahut jata hai iski wajah kya ho sakti hai please reply.
Using a condom for sexual intercourse how far it is safe and what is the demerit of lubricates coming with condom. Is it giving any abnormal effects to vagina.
Hi I'm 23 years old and my girl is 19 years old and we are planning to have sex and she is still a virgin so what should I do to minimise her pain and is fingering okay?
The thought of waking up fresh in the morning after a good night’s sleep itself is refreshing. However, many are deprived of this simple pleasure of life, one of the main cause behind it is snoring. Whether you are snoring or have a person next to you snoring, the result is a disturbed sleep, which leaves you feeling tired and not-very-rested.
Snoring is caused by multiple reasons including stress, obesity, smoking, sinus problems, circulatory problems, poor diet, large tongue or tonsils and with age. This leaves the person sleep deprived, including a feeling of drowsiness, sore throat, increased risk of heart diseases, reduced libido and decreased concentration.
While there are surgical corrections that can get rid of snoring, yoga has some simple, effective pranayamas and asanas that have been proven to be effective since times immemorial. They improve lung capacity, help in weight management, keep the air passages open and also help in stress management. Try the following asanas and pranayamas to see snoring disappear.
Pranayama: This improves the strength of the facial and throat muscles. Bhramari or Humming Pranayama and Ujjayi pranayama are specifically useful in snoring patients. In Bhramari Pranayama, the lips are closed and the soft palate vibrations are entirely due to nasal airflow. Practised mouth snoring over a period of time where the soft palate is lifted towards the pharynx produces a buzzing bee sound. Both breathing in and out happens through the nostrils producing this sound, although slightly different during inhalation and exhalation. Ujjayi Pranayama is where a hissing breathing sound is produced due to the nasal snoring instead of the mouth snoring in the Bhramari exercise.
Breathing and Chanting the Om Mantra: Sit on the floor in a relaxed position with eyes closed and take few deep breaths. Begin to chant the word OM repeatedly for a few minutes. Break the word into two parts, the first part of OOOO should come from deep within followed by the lighter MMMM. This helps meditate, relax, and reduce snoring. Try to do this breathing and chanting at least ten to twelve times, and more if possible, on a daily basis.
Another effective measure is the Simha Garjasana or Roaring Lion Pose where you kneel down on the mat, lean back so that the hips are resting on the heels. The palms are faced in the space between the knees with fingers spread apart. Tilt your head back while taking deep breaths. This improves the airway and reduces the snoring.
Kapalbhati, Bhujangasana Dhanurasana, Warrior Pose and Surya Namaskar are also other effective asanas. When done regularly over a period of time, it helps in getting rid of snoring. This in turn makes you feel fresh in the morning; ready to take on the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I generally have white bumps in the upper part inside my mouth and also have problem of itching in vaginal part where we have hair which disease it could be?
I am 18 years old and I have severe period pain. Doctors said that my uterus is damaging. Can it be cured. Please help me.
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
Can a pregnant woman go without food and drink for 14 hours I mean can she do the fasting for 14 to 15 hours without the water and food please reply me soon she is 8 months pregnant women.
Doctor I am married since 2007 with one girl child 7 years old my question is that I have completely lost interest in sex after one year of my marriage in have frequent quriells with my hubby because he is always active and I always refuse can you help me on this so I can also enjoy.
I am 33 week. I have unicornuate uterus. My previous pregnancy was IUD at 32 weeks. Now yesterday I feel lot of movement but today I feel less movement .can tell the reason? please tell as soon as possible.
I got married last year in June but still unable to have sex with my husband. I feel pain when we try to make it happen. Can a gynecologist solve my problem? Should I go to a gynecologist to overcome this problem?
This morning I had foreplay with my partner So is there chances of getting pregnant cuz my penis was in touch with her vagina (Note: we both r still virgin) So if there is any chance so should I take I pill or unwanted 72 or something like that?
I have pain in my legs and swelling in body, suffer from thyroid and pcos, pain after running increases.What can I do?
I do not have kids before married I got one segrion about one cest in my utres that time remove one tube also ovreies problem give suggestion my marriage is 2007 march.
Infertility is a condition that affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple that has been unsuccessful in efforts to conceive over the course of one full year. When the cause of infertility exists within the female partner, it is referred to as female infertility. Female infertility factors contribute to approximately 50% of all infertility cases and female infertility alone accounts for approximately one-third of all infertility cases.
What causes infertility in Women?
1. Damage to your Fallopian tubes: These structures carry eggs from your ovaries, which produce eggs, to the uterus, where the baby develops. They can get damaged when scars form after pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgery. That can prevent sperm from reaching an egg.
2. Hormonal problems: You may not be getting pregnant because your body isn't going through the usual hormone changes that lead to the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the lining of the uterus.
3. Cervical issues: Some women have a condition that prevents sperm from passing through the cervical canal.
4. Uterine trouble: You may have polyps and fibroids that interfere with getting pregnant. Uterine polyps and fibroids happen when too many cells grow in the endometrium, the lining of the uterus.
5. Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be one of the following:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body and acne. It's the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction. The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency. This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased oestrogen production under the age of 40.