Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay MehtaYour feedback matters!
Gynaecological endoscopy is a surgical practice that aids in diagnosing the most common female disorders, such as minute vaginal haemorrhages, infertility problems and endometrial polyps (noncancerous growths on the inner uterine wall). It uses a small and slender optical device to diagnose such problems.
Gynaecological endoscopy is of two types
- Hysteroscopy: A small optical instrument is inserted at the neck of the uterus; it is used to examine the inside of the uterine cavity, and in some cases, is used to remove endometrial polyps.
- Laparoscopy: It is done through a small incision on the belly to examine the Fallopian tubes, the ovaries and the uterus; it is minimally invasive.
Gynaecological endoscopy has the following advantages
- Recovery time is minimised
- Lesser risks of infections, or other side-effects
You do not need to do a lot to prepare for endoscopy. Here are the few things you have to go through before this surgery is conducted:
- The preparation depends on the kind of surgery to be done. You might require imaging tests. Also, the doctor may recommend an enema or even fasting.
- You need to inform your doctor about any medication you are taking, including supplements or non-prescription drugs. Stop taking your medications before the procedure.
- The surgery is mostly done under general anaesthesia.
- A catheter (a small tube) is inserted to collect urine and carbon dioxide is used to fill your abdomen once you are asleep. The gas keeps your organs safe by keeping the abdominal wall away from them. This reduces the dangers of injury.
- A small incision in your navel will allow the surgeon to insert the endoscope. The endoscope relays images on a screen, giving a clear image of your organs to your doctor. Consult a gynaecologist online.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.
Hello Doctor, I have one year baby. but still my stomach has not reduced. and my stomach look like 7 months pregnant.
Can a girl of 23 years age take a ipill. Will she get pregnant if a boy cums on her vagina without penetrating her? She is having pains during periods and is on medication.
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
I am 25 years old female, recently married. From 3 months my period is coming within 12-15 days. Feeling tired. Is there anything serious about this?
Common Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infections Every Woman Should Know
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
3. Nausea and vomiting
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications.
What is the normal size of ovary. I am pcod patient and my ovary size is right ovary 3.84 cm x 1.71 cm x 3.61 volume 12. 41 cc (approx), left ovary 4.51 cm x 1.74 cm x 3.68 cm volume 15. 12 cc. Is it too serious and ovaries also paining.
Can full fledged yoga (12 surayanamaskars, pranayama, all kinds of asanas) be practiced during periods? Even if the bleeding is not very heavy. No cramps or any sort of discomfort. Does the practice during periods cause any harm to the body? Thank you.
I am 32 years old female , I have pcod problem so I am gaining weight my height is 5.7 and weight 89 kgs I have irregular periods also please suggest me a good diet.
I'm 5 month pregnant lady now how to take care about my health as well as baby health. Food changes and Etc?
Withdrawal bleed 24 days after intercourse and also after ending pill pack for 5 days. The bleed was normal. Home pregnancy test after 1 month 5 days, negative results. No symptoms in generally except a little gassy with sudden mild pain in naval area while releasing gas. Am I safe from pregnancy. Does stress lack of sleep and long gap between meals someday leads to gas?
Hello. I need answer. I am very scared about that. When me and my wife do sex and I discharged semen in her vagina but when I out my penis from her vagina semen comes automatically outside. Please tell me why its happen everytime even though I discharged after fully insertion.
My wife gave birth to boy the day before yesterday. She is feeding milk to boy most of the time. Now her nipple getting red and getting tears. Paining also.
Hi, I want to have sex with my wife with no condom, so suggest what would be the safest method to do it? Are contraceptive pills have any side effect on female body like if use 2 pills in a month? How about anal sex, is it safe if do twice in a month? Please reply with best Possible answer.
I am of 27 years and in the early stage of pregnancy (10 days pregnant). What medicines and precaution I should take.
Enjoy an good sex life by taking care of your vagina in these 4 easy ways
As a woman, keeping your vagina clean and healthy is very crucial for enjoying a great sex life. When you keep your genitals squeaky clean and fresh, you promote the production of beneficial bacteria, thereby fending off infections, which can act as an obstruction in your sex life. Here are 4 ways a healthy vagina can take your sex life to the next level.
1. Shave your pubic hair to promote sensitivity
Short or no vaginal hair can lower the chances of odours and infections. Keeping your vagina hair-free is also known to increase the sensitivity of your genitals, making sex that much more pleasurable than before. Also, for many, shaved genitals have immense visual appeal, which can give rise to an intense arousal in your partner. What’s more, oral sex is greatly enhanced when you shave off pubic hair.
2. Try Kegel exercise to enjoy good orgasms
Kegel exercise is meant for strengthening your pelvic floor. Doing kegel regularly not only helps in keeping your pelvic organs in place, but also helps in toning your vaginal muscles, thereby heightening arousal considerably. Plus, they tighten your grip on the penis during intercourse, and give rise to more intense contractions during orgasm.
3. Use lubricants to make sex smooth and painless
The function of lubricants is not just to maintain a healthy pH balance in your vagina. They prevent the irritation of your labia and vagina, and make sex a very pleasurable activity. Lubricants are particularly helpful for women who experience vaginal dryness or face difficulties in penetration. Just keep in mind not to use petroleum jelly and other oil-based products as lubes as they can cause a rupture in latex condoms, consequently giving rise to infections.
4. Eat fruits to enhance pleasure
Foul odour can be a big dampener when it comes to oral sex. Usually the cause of bad vaginal odour is your diet and personal hygiene habits. Eating certain foods can prevent this from happening and can even in fact make your vagina smell sweeter. Be sure to include lots of fresh fruits such as mangoes, oranges, apples etc in your diet. Yoghurt and honey are good too. Avoid foods with strong smells such as onions, garlic and even alcohol as they give rise to bad odour.
Frequent washing and cleaning (twice a day at least) of your vagina with warm water and a gentle and unscented soap helps to remove sweat and grime, making your vagina smell and feel fresh and thus enhancing sexual pleasure for you and your partner.