Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay GuzarYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old female. I had splenectomy while I was 12. Can I survive without spleen, what are the problems I will get, will it affect my future. How can I survive it.
Chlamydia is one of the most common STD. It is a bacterial infection, caused by Chlamydia trachomatis. Occurring in both males and females, it can be transmitted via oral, genital, or anal sex. it has been dubbed as silent infection, as the affected person hardly ever presents with symptoms. It is extremely common though about 1 in 20 females in the age group of 15 to 25 can be affected. The disease, if left untreated, can cause severe reproductive issues including infertility in both males and females. Let us look at symptoms in men and women separately.
Men: About 50% of men infected with Chlamydia will go with no symptoms. It may take about 3 weeks for the symptoms to manifest and will include
- Small amounts of discharge from the penis
- Discomfort or pain with urination
- Painful, swollen, and inflamed testicles
- Burning and itching around the tip of the penis
Depending on the mode of transmission, the eyes, throat, and rectum can also be infected and there could be throat infection or conjunctivitis also.
If left untreated, Chlamydia can affect the sperm quality and lead to infertility in men in the long run.
Women: The infection is "silent" even in females and does not manifest itself with a lot of symptoms, only 30% of infected females present symptoms including:
- Abnormal, white or light yellow vaginal discharge
- Painful sex
- Bleeding or spotting in between regular periods
- Sometimes even bleeding during sex
- Burning or itching sensation around the vagina
- Severe abdominal discomfort
In females, the infection usually travels up the urinary and reproductive tract. So, from vaginitis, it can lead to urinary tract infection, cervicitis, bartholinitis, and even pelvic inflammatory disease. If it reaches the fallopian tubes and/or the uterus, then the chances of fallopian tubes getting blocked is high. There can be scarring of the tubes and this can lead to infertility or ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in areas other than the uterus, for example the fallopian tubes). This can be very dangerous and can be life-threatening situation too.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is a serious bacterial infection of the uterus and the fallopian tubes. Untreated Chlamydia infection often results in PID and requires antibiotics and bed rest.
Chlamydia infections have two negative sides to it, on one hand, it is difficult to detect given the absence of symptoms. On the other hand, there are serious implications leading to even fertility. It is therefore very important to prevent it. It is best to use a condom, especially with unknown partners; and in case of any doubt, one should get themselves tested and treated.
Hello sir. Mere father ko piles he before 7 years se. Piche 1 year se bleeding nahi he. But unko mase nikle huye he. Mase se unko dikat hoti he. Kabhi kabhi bleeding bhi ho jati he. Pls ap koi ilaj bataiye. Unki age 73 he. Pls tell me what we can do.
Hiee! My dad suffered from pulmonary edema on the 10th of March. Though he is fine now but looks weak. Needed to know if I can take him to USA in the month of may - beginning. As it is a 17 + flight. Needed to know if its safe to take. Also he has cardiac history - bypass.
I have gynecomastia. How to recover form this. Pleas tell me my penis got damage for masturbation. So hello?
What is the effects of masturbation is it increase pain in body or increase weakness? please give me brief information about it and how to avoid daily masturbation please solution on it.
Whenever I gain a erection I am unable to pull my foreskin back as it grips on the head. On doing so it causes pain. Additionally the penis head is quite sensitive. It causes a sensation on touching it. As a result I try to avoid doing so. It fears me whether it will be an issue on having sex.
Sir, I am diabetic patient from 20 years my fasting sugar is 105 but it increase up to 270 with same diet. I feel greediness not able to stand & not walk. Kindly guide me how it happen. Thanks
I have a constipation problem. Since 6 years or more. No medicine left in the market i'v tried. What should I do?
I am taking homeopathic medicine . Can I eat chicken, fish etc. Pls tell me that what food I should not eat if I am using homeopathic medicine?
From last few months I am facing problem during sex. I have too much interest in sex but If I have done sex and get ejaculate ones then for second time it is not erected in whole night. And also observing the less hardness while it erected. Please consult me the best solution. Is there any treatment to overcome this?
Hi. I was eating fish (paplet). And the bone is stuck in my throat and its iritating me. Its just been 3 hrs but still. Its very iritating as it keeps on stinging. I had plain cooked rice. Banana. And bread but its still stuck. Please suggest!
Usually I sleep a lot, but whenever I am tensed I have serious issues of falling asleep. Any suggestions?
The symptoms of tuberculosis (TB), which is active might vary and depend on which part of the body is infected. Diagnosing TB just from its symptoms can be a difficult, as the symptoms are not for TB alone meaning the symptoms can be of other diseases as well. For the confirmation and diagnosis of TB one must get a test done for TB. However, the general symptoms of TB are tiredness, weakness, weight loss, loss of appetite, fever, chills and night sweats.
- Symptoms of Pulmonary TB: Pulmonary TB is the TB of lungs. The symptoms of this are bad cough, which might have lasted for more than 3 weeks, chest pain, blood or phlegm might occur on coughing.
- Extrapulmonary TB: The TB of any body part other than pulmonary is called extrapulmonary TB. This type of TB does not affect the lungs with the exception being the extrapulmonary TB also known as Pleural TB. General symptoms of Extrapulmonary TB are same as general symptoms of Pulmonary TB.
- Symptoms of Lymph Node TB: Lymph Node TB also known as lymphadenitis is basically the enlargement and the inflammation of the lymph nodes. This is a response to the infections especially in children. The symptoms of this might be painless slow growing lymph nodes. These swollen lymph nodes can be in the neck area, though they might also be present in the groin. Lymph node TB of the neck is also called as Scrofula or TB adenitis.
- Symptoms of skeletal (bone and joint) TB: The common and the first symptoms are pain and depend on the area of the joint or the bone affected. Often it is marked with the loss of movement and curving of the affected bones and joints. The affected area also weakens and is prone to fractures.
- Spinal TB is also called as Pott Disease or TB Spondylitis: The symptoms of this depend on the affected site and the stage of the disease. However, back pain is one of the earliest symptoms.
- Symptoms of Meningitis TB: The meningitis TB starts with classical symptoms of meningitis. It usually starts with symptoms of pains and aches, fever and vague and unwell feeling. These might last for 2-8 weeks and then the evident symptoms like headaches, seizures, vomiting and stiffness might occur.
- Symptoms of Gastrointestinal or Abdominal TB: This is marked with diarrhea, abdominal pain and bleeding from rectum and anus, though the symptoms depend on the exact site.
- Symptoms of TB in children: The symptoms depend on the type and site, though the common ones being weight loss, fever and cough.