Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay ChoksiYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old from last one week my anus is itching and white flakes on it and it becoming like dead skin should I contact any doctor please help me I am getting fear about it. Please doctor.
From USG of my mother (age 44 yrs), Cholesterolosis in gallbladder and fatty, enlarged liver is seen. She is under treatment of a general surgeon. The doctor gave 2 medicine, one is Udiliv300 and other is antibiotic for 1 month. My mother takes medicine from 9 days, but she is till now suffering from liver side abdomen pain. So what should I do right now? Is she continue her medicine for 1 month?
I want to check stomach acid level. Whether it is too high or too low? please suggest me the test that will find acid level in my stomach.
I am 24 years old. I didn't able ta ta eat deep fried things like tikkis, etc. Tried many digestive tablets but nothing happens. What to do.
Am 21 years old female. Past 2 weeks I can feel a external painful swelling near my anus point. Its really paining while sitting and its really hard to touch and see it. What would be it. please do help me.
I m a 28 years old male and I am suffering from acidity in esophagus since two days. What should I do to relieve from this acidity.
Sir how to cure all type of digestive problem and other abdominal problem. Also which organ healths define better absorption of nutrient, how to cure its irregularness and keeps its healthy.
Indigestion refers to the discomfort in your upper belly or abdomen after you have eaten your food. Indigestion in many cases has an underlying problem like gastro esophageal reflux disease, ulcers or disorders of your gall bladder. Indigestion is also known as dyspepsia in medical terms.
The causes of indigestion due to the presence of any diseases or underlying medical conditions consist of the following:
1. Problems like ulcers
2. In rare cases it could be initial symptoms of stomach cancer
3. Chronic pancreatitis
4. Thyroid disease
5. Infections in your stomach and irritable bowel syndrome
6. Pregnancy could also result in indigestion
Some of the lifestyle habits that can cause indigestion are mentioned below:
1. Excessive consumption of alcohol
2. Smoking cigarettes
3. Stress and fatigue in daily life
4. Consumption of foods with high fat content
5. Regular and excessive intake of fried and oily foods
Medications can also cause indigestion and some of those could be:
1. Steroid medications
2. Thyroid medicines
3. Certain of antibiotics in heavy doses
4. Oral contraceptives and estrogen replacement medications
5. Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen
Sometimes indigestion may not be related to the factors mentioned above and yet persist within your body. This type of indigestion is known as functional or non ulcer dyspepsia. You should contact a medical professional immediately if the symptoms of indigestion include some of the following:
1. Back pain
2. Jaw pain
3. Heavy sweating and anxiety
4. Indigestion that lasts longer than one day
5. Severe and sudden pain in the abdomen
6. Problems when you try to swallow food
7. Vomiting or presence of blood in your stool
8. Sudden loss in your weight
9. Skin and eyes turning yellow in color which is a tell tale sign of jaundice
In case your indigestion persists for too long and doesn’t respond to conventional treatment, your doctor might prescribe some of the following tests.
1. Ultra sound tests of your abdomen
2. Blood tests
3. Upper endoscopy
4. Physical examination of your digestive tract and the stomach area
5. Questions by the doctor about what symptoms you may be facing and how they are manifesting within your body