Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ajantha NarvekarYour feedback matters!
I had a c section delivery on October and I am planning next delivery after 5 years can you suggest me any thing for preventing the pregnancy.
I am married man and my wife aged 35 years we both are planning to go for implanon contraceptive I wanted to know whether it is available in india and what is the cost for the same also I want to know the success rate for this method. Thank you in advance.
My friend is suffering from PCOD. She is slightly over weight and is it the only reason for PCOD? She has been trying to reduce weight but there is no change or recovery from PCOD. WHAT CAN BE DONE?
Hi, Is any scanning really required during the end of 3rd month of pregnancy. Is it mandatory to take scanning at the end of 3rd month pregnancy.
Hi. I had normal delivery 13 days ago and my vagina look awful. Can something be done to make it as before.
I n my gf have sex with protection. Her last period was started on 2nd sept. But till now her another period does not come. So what to do now?
I've recently had intercourse 1 month ago & since that day I have weird bad smelling discharge & a bit of itching. I wake up sometimes to back, stomach, rib pain but it's sometimes. Can it be Yeast infection, BV, STD, or HIV?
Hello Dr. After having a successful pregnancy and a baby of 6. Yrs old, I tried twice bt miscarried. One miscarriage happened after 5 months pregnancy n other after two months. In both case there was growth prob in the baby. Wat may be the reason?
Hi I'm doing continues dieting, gym but then also I'm not loosing my wight if I loosed its gain so frequently. Wy so can you suggest some better tips to loose my wt.
I am 30 years female, I am having irregular periods. I am not having thyroid problem, my scan report is normal. My weight is 62. Please send solution for this problem. I am having this problem from starting itself. When I take meprate only I got periods.
Faints for some seconds after waking up and even when I stand after sitting for long time. Is this a serious problem?
At the time of menstrual period I feel heavy pain in my stomach in starting for 2 days afterwords pain starts decreasing. Please suggest me the remedies of it.
I had protected sex in the the 1st week of July. I've also got my periods twice during this time, the first one was late by around 1 week and it occurred approximately around 20th of July while the 2nd one occurred on 16th of august. But recently I'm having some health issues which are similar to the ones which occur during pregnancy. These are: 1. Continued weakness 2. Frequent back ache 3. Head ache 4. Occasional chest pain (below and in between the breasts) 5. Loss of appetite 6. Mood swings 7. Also, along with these symptoms I've also noticed that recently I've become more vulnerable to mosquito bites. I wanted to go for Beta hCG test but the pathology supervisor advised me not to do so without proper consultation and based on my symptoms advised me to get the following tests done, 1. CBC-5, EDTA WHOLE BLOOD 2. GLUCOSE RANDOM, PLASMA 3. THYROID PANEL, SERUM So my main concern is that, is there any chance of me getting pregnant and should I go for any sort of pregnancy test or am I just over thinking. I'm 21 years old and am unmarried and don't want to get pregnant right now. Kindly help me.
So I had unprotected sex about 16 days ago with a girl who told me after the fact that she had genital herpes she wand r showing any signs or symptoms. I've had this tingling sensation at the tip of my penis ever since and got checked for uti gonerria and Chlamdia all were negative. My doctor.
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido. Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
1. Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get PCOS as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
2. Lower inflammation levels- The white blood cells present in your body form resistance against infections through a response termed as inflammation. Women with lower inflammation levels are likelier to get PCOS as the decreased levels stimulate polycystic ovaries, thereby producing more androgens.
3. Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
1. Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
2. Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
3. Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
4. Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I was having monthly regularly on time bt this month I have been masturbating frequently but my periods date has already passed till now periods has not done till now please tell me what should I do now any problem.
Boil water with 20 to 30 neem leaves in it and use this water for hair bath, this beauty tip is very useful in clearing dandruff problems.