Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Afif PeerzadaYour feedback matters!
I having frequent unbearable forearm pain. I visited pshyotherapist for 10 days. But there is relieve. Whom should I contact?
I am 53 yrs old having frozen shoulder problem since 3 months. Local application of ointment & oils & tablets taken, all are futile. Pl suggest some good medicine.
For last 5 months, I suffered from spine problem, one of my vein is mildly compressed & my left hand not working properly, please you take a solution on it.
My body tem in last 20 day 96.8 to 97.5f but I feel fever it is normal. It last some time I am in stress and depression. I also feel joint pain with this. It is normal.
My friend develops rapid swelling and edema after minor trauma. E.g. Pinch, scratches, nail marks. What is the cause?
Hi! This is about my mother in law. She has got her knee replacement done about 4 years back and doctor is recommending to reduce some weight considering long term situation. Please suggest a diet plan that she can follow without having any compromise on the health. Thanks, Megha.
When I got up today! I found than one of my fingers can't be folded. I used certain oils and rubbed my finger with it. But it is of no use. I am so happy that I found this website. What should I do to get a relief?
Are you prone to slipped disc problem? + the ideal way to treat it
A slipped disc, also known as a prolapsed disc or herniated disc, is the term given to the phenomenon that occurs when a cartilaginous disc found between the vertebrae in the spine becomes slightly displaced or protrudes, thereby pressing on the nerves in the adjacent areas and causing back pain.
This happens when the soft inner part of the disc, known as nucleus pulposus, bulges out through a weakness in the exterior part of the disc. A prolapsed disc usually occurs in the lower region of the spine and can be of varying sizes. There might even be the development of inflammation around the disc in some cases.
Who is likely to get affected?
Most cases of herniated disc occur in patients between the ages of 30 and 50. The number of men affected is twice as many as the number of women.
Although the root cause of this problem is not yet known, there are a number of factors that may trigger it. These factors include working at a job that requires a lot of lifting, an occupation that involves remaining in a seated position for a long time, weight-bearing sports, obesity, smoking habits and increasing age.
Effective ways of treating the problem
The different methods that are commonly used to treat the problem are:
- Medications - There are many different kinds of medicines that are effective in providing relief. These include painkillers, muscles relaxants, anti-inflammatory pills, etc.
- Spinal injections - A number of spinal injections are used to treat slipped discs. The injection is done at the opening where the inflamed nerve roots are found and reduces pain, swelling and irritation in the area.
- Radiofrequency ablation - This procedure makes use of an electrical current produced by radio waves to reduced pain and sensitivity in the affected area.
- Ozone discectomy - As opposed to the surgical removal of the prolapsed disc, this new process makes use of an ozone-oxygen mixture that is injected into the spine to treat the problem. Many international studies have proved its superiority to traditional methods and surgeries.
Those affected by this problem are advised to keep exercising and continuing with their everyday activities as best as possible.
I am a 37 years woman and am well overweight. I weigh 80 kg . I have hypothyroid and have everything else associated with it. I am quite used to all of that. My concern at the moment is to bring down my weight since I have constant pain in my legs . Especially my calves .Also the pain is particularly in the back of the knee area. I can feel tightness in the leg muscles. Who should I consult and how can I get rid of the weight and the pain in my legs.
I'm 29 years old. Suffering from backache from past one year. Can you suggest best doctors in hyderabad. Or give me the tips.
My leg is in pain from 3 days. I think that this pain is due to excess lactic acid in my blood. Please tell me what to do.
Hello doctor, I have much pain in my back and legs. I also have done MRI but no issues found. I do not know what is the reason behind it. Dr. Suggest me operation but they do not take responsibility of my wellness.
Iam 35 years old I have shoulder pain since last 2 years, whenever I sit in a. C. Room for 1 hour my shoulder pain starts, tell me what to do ?
Hi, my wife is 45 year old and suffering from severe ankle pain. When she land her feet down every time she experience severe pain and once she starts walking she slowly get relief from pain ,but in beginning it is difficult for her to even land her feet on earth. Please suggest.
Hi I am 35 years old. I am working in Saudi Arabia, Construction field. Since 4 days I am suffering from back pain that is near both the kidneys. Pain is not at the spinal cord, when I am sitting I feel Pain if I stand no pain also if I walk no pain but standing for long time I am feeling strained. I feel to lie down and take rest. Please give me suggestions what to do and now I can give one clew that is when we effected from fever body we feel body pains, now I am feeling the same pain on back of me. Please suggest the name of tablet or Need to do any thing. Thank and regards. .
I am 32 years old male. I get frequent back pains .Some times whole spinal card pain happens. How to treat it.
A painful, common condition that affects the lower part of the spine is termed as back pain. It is mostly caused by strain (muscle injury) or sprain (ligament injury). Some other causes include poor posture, improper lifting, fracture, infrequent exercise, arthritis or a ruptured disk. Usually, pain in the lower back is the only symptom.
Conventional treatment for back pain often includes
2. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
3. Weight Control
If these treatments fail, then the only option left is surgery. Either discectomy (surgical procedure to relieve pressure in the disc by removing the gel-like substance in the disc) or foraminotomy (surgical procedure to expand the gaps through which the nerves pass) is performed.
However, conventional therapy usually has side-effects and only manages to suppress the problem, not cure it. If you seek a cure, Ayurveda is an excellent option. Usually, Ayurvedic remedies are non-invasive, natural and can be arranged at home.
Here are some great Ayurvedic treatments:
1. According to the principles of Ayurveda, imbalance in the doshas can lead to problems in the body. The goal of Ayurveda is to balance the doshas and heal the body from the inside. So a lot of Ayurvedic treatments comprise of foods that need to be consumed for the body to heal. For example, you can blend wheat, coriander powder, khuskhus powder and milk together, boil it for twenty minutes and then consume it at room temperature. This will relieve your pain.
2. Another thing you can do is fry garlic in coconut oil and then use the oil to massage over the affected areas on your back.
3. To restore the damaged dosha, daily purgation is suggested.
4. Practicing Yoga can go a long way in managing your pain as well. In Ayurveda, pain is seen as a result of exerting yourself too much, either emotionally or physically. If your spine needs strength, your mind must be strong first of all. So, firstly, your mind needs balance before you can focus on the affected areas. When doing Yoga, start with easy postures such as back-bends. Consult a yoga therapist or teacher before you start doing any yoga posture. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.