Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. H. Advani
Submit a review for Dr. S. H. AdvaniYour feedback matters!
Bakul Rani Maiti
Highly experienced,excellent behaviour, freely speaking proud of mankind,but administrator of the concern hospital should give the more importance regarding direct guidance of Adbaniji.
It was great , unprecedented I brace myselfforcoming to meet him. Such a kind heart doctor I had never meet earlier.I would recommend him to all such patients
No words can be explained about GOD.He is my God because he saved my life.
Very Good doctor, very humble & very patient friendly.
Dr advani sir is great. God give them long life
Gulam Abbas Saifee
Wonderful doctor and a good human being
A worthwhile advice
Im pregnant going through 6 months my hubby is diagnosis with cancer of rectum and on last stage cancer. Im jobless too please give me suggestion I can not be single mother as I can not provide anything to my child. I do not wamt these child as can not afford to play with his or her future. Im quiet depressed due to same.
When it comes to ancient remedies, few things have been around as long as myrrh, but its efficacy is definitely not in question. For thousands of years, myrrh has been known to possess certain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, in addition to being able to boost immune system function, which can prevent any peripheral infections that can complicate cancer and weaken the body’s defenses. Myrrh may be difficult to find in certain parts of the western world, but it should be readily available at specialty or exotic import stores.
After Dialysis since March 2016 , since 15 days urination with pain and time gap happens. Before Dialysis there was no prostate error. Suggest remedy.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer
1. Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.
Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
2. History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
3. Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
4. Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father's side also has ovarian cancer.
6. Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
7. Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
8. Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.