Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AdityaYour feedback matters!
I have married since 1 year, till now I have miscarriage 3 times after completing 2 months so please suggest.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour is form of anxiety disorder in which unreasonable thoughts and fears, which are obsessions that lead one to do repetitive compulsive behaviour. Root causes of obsessive compulsiveness are complex and often deep seated. The underlying emotional states may include the fear of unknown, not being in control, negative outcomes, failure, rejection, shame, annihilation or embarrassment
You can eliminate mild obsessive compulsion easily, whereas, severe obsessive compulsiveness, require support of medical and mental health professionals.
When you start pondering or obsessing over an activity, you must try to stop the negative pattern, and provide control and security. A good anchor code stops an obsessive thought pattern and provides fact-based security for new action. One can get it under control and recover from it, however at the present, there is no cure. It is a potential that will always be there in the background, even when one's life is no longer affected by it.
The treatment for obsessive compulsive behaviour depends on the how much the condition is affecting the daily life of the person. There are two main treatments, firstly cognitive behavioural therapy, which involves graded exposure and response prevention and the second being medication. The cognitive behaviour therapy emboldens one to face one's fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without neutralising them with compulsions. In second case, treatment is by medication to control one's symptoms by altering the balance of chemicals in brain.
Obsessive compulsive behaviour that has a relatively minor impact on one's daily life is usually treated with a short course of cognitive behavioural therapy. Cognitive behavioural therapy involves exposure and response prevention that is used to help people with all severities. People with mild to moderate behaviour usually need about 10 hours of therapist treatment, combined with exercises to be done at home between sessions. Those with moderate to severe symptoms may need a more intensive course of therapy that lasts longer than 10 hours.
During the sessions, one works with therapist to break down the problems into their separate parts like physical feelings, thoughts and actions. The therapist encourages you to face your fear and let the obsessive thoughts occur without putting them right. It requires motivation and one should start with situations that cause the least anxiety first. These exposure exercises need to take place many times a day, and need to be done for one to two hours without engaging in compulsions to undo them. People with Obsessive compulsive behaviour find that when they confront their anxiety without carrying the compulsion, the anxiety goes away. Each time, the chances of anxiety reduces and last for a shorter period of time.
Once you have one exposure task, you can move on to a more difficult task, until you have overcome all of the situations that make you anxious. It is important to remember it can take several months before a treatment has a noticeable effect. It is extremely vital to remember that no one is perfect, nor can anyone recover perfectly. Even in well maintained recoveries, people can occasionally mess up and forget what they are supposed to be doing.
We are trying for a baby from last six months but not conceiving after so many try kindly suggest us for the same so that we can conceive at the earliest.
Are you in with me?
I'm 26 single. I have done sex with 2 persons without protection before 2 yrs. Now i'm in contact with a married person who have a 2 year baby without any protection. If I get married, will I suffer from any diseases (HIV).
Dear Doctors, is is possible that breast mass and breast cyst (filled with water) both present at a time in one or both breasts?
I have sex with my boyfriend 1st time now I 'm getting pelvis pain when pass urine So tell me what should be do.
I am 27 years old and suffering with pcos from one year If I come down to normal weight with natural diet and yoga. Could I get away from pcos.
I have my last periods start on 10 nov and ended on 13 nov, I had unprotected sex on 14 nov, I tested on 8 dec and 9 dec for pregnancy by prega news, my next periods were due on 8 December but till now my periods are not starting, please suggest, I tested in the morning for better results.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
Hi doc I am 26 yes married trying to conceive from 1.5 years I have a 28 - 30 days cycle now I missed my period now it is 13 days post my cycle I took a pregnancy test before 3 days (that is post 10 days of my period) but it was negative when can I take next test can I be pregnant or wat else to do please help.
Hai sir /madam I am 5 months pregnant now some water like liquid is coming from my boobs if it is pressed is it normal for pregnant ladies? please advise me.
How many days it takes to get period after abortion. I was 4 week pregnant but didn't want child. I took contraceptive pill and it went out but little living tissue was there. Doctor told with period it will go. Pls let me know when will have my period? The date on which I took pill was 26th Oct.
Mujhe pcod hai. Saadi ko 3 years ho gaye hai. Bacha chahti hun But nahi ho arha. Face par hair aa rahe hai.please help
Pregnancy is that situation in a woman’s life when she is expecting her newborn, and her body is preparing itself to support the baby in the womb. Gaining weight is a common problem and that may lead to complications during pregnancy.
Thus, when you are pregnant, it is necessary that you keep a check on your weight and see that obesity does not affect you or your baby’s health.
To control weight during pregnancy it is necessary that you
Keep check on diet and,
Keep a check on diet:
During pregnancy, you will get lots of suggestions from everybody about what to eat and what not to. Even you too will feel like eating this and that. What you should follow is what your doctor suggests. You need to be very careful about the food that you eat. There should be proper diet. The following tips will be useful.
Do not eat junk food as they contain oil and sugar that increase your weight. Thus, avoid junk food.
Do not keep your stomach empty, keep eating after some time and eat in small portions. Instead of having three main meals it is better to have five to six meals in small portions. These light meals will help you get the required amount of nutrients and energy but will not be heavy on the sugar level.
Go for a healthy breakfast. There is a common belief that skipping meals will help you reduce weight, but the fact is that you do not lose weight, instead when you skip meals you feel hungry and in the meal that you take later, you tend to eat more. Thus, choose and eat a healthy breakfast that is good for your baby. It will also help you cope with morning sickness.
Drink enough water. It is necessary that you keep your body hydrated during pregnancy. Lack of water is not good for the baby. Moreover, if you drink enough water, you will feel refreshed and even kill extra appetite.
There is a misconception that during pregnancy, you should not exercise. You need full rest. The truth is that exercising will increase the blood flow within your body that is good for the baby. Yes, for morning sickness you may not be able to do exercises but try to do some under proper supervision.
Still, if you find that you are gaining excess weight, then consult your physician.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?