Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aditi Singhi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi SinghiYour feedback matters!
Can scratching your head lead to hair loss? (and how to banish that nagging itch without scratching)
Yes! scratching your head actually leads to hair loss so you should avoid doing it.
Scratching your head with your fingernails for as little as 90 minutes is enough to remove all your cuticular scale. A cuticular scale is a protective covering on every individual strand of hair. The loss of this covering leaves your hair shaft weak and damaged and hence leaves your hair susceptible to easy breakage and hair loss.
There are several ways you can deal with itchiness in your scalp that does not include scratching your head. These alternative ways will help ensure you don't suffer from any hair loss.
1. Instead of scratching, pat or rub the sensitive area with the flat of your fingers.
2. Having a dry scalp can also increase itchiness. It would bee a good idea to use natural oil on your hair before you wash it if that's the reason behind your itch.
3. Sensitivity to a new product may be causing a sudden itchiness in your scalp. So, if you have switched to a new shampoo, mousse or anything else, do try abstaining from applying it for a few days to see if the itchiness subsides.
4. When your scalp feels itchy, try and distract yourself. The more you think about how itchy your scalp is, the more it will itch.
While scratching your hair does lead to hair loss, the good news is your hair will grow back because the damage is not permanent. However, it is not advisable to keep scratching your head because you'll just lose more hair.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Two things that most men are generally insecure about are sex and the size of their penis. They are always concerned if their penis size is above average and their performance in bed is good. Although the size of their penis, is not in their control, they can definitely make a positive difference is bed, by holding ejaculation for a longer period of time.
A recent research had revealed that 45% of men last for a less period of time, that is, only about 2 minutes. This statistic may be quite disappointing, but when it comes to lasting longer in bed, the situation can be improved by following some useful tips.
Here are 3 ways in which you can last longer in bed, and make your sex life more fulfilling-
1. The stop-start technique- This technique is quite useful and has great results. When you start getting stimulated and reach the point of your arousal where you cannot hold on any longer- stop. Stop for about 10 seconds and allow your arousal to subside. Continue to do this for a few times, and then release.
2. The squeeze technique- Research has shown that in case you are close to ejaculation, stop and gently squeeze just below the penis head. The pressure is aimed towards the urethra and it helps in repressing your ejaculation.
3. Use desensitizing rubbers- A very effective way to hold back your ejaculation is by wearing desensitizing condoms. These condoms feature a desensitizing lubricant known as benzocaine. But while using a condom, make sure you put it on the right side up, or the lubricant will end up affecting your partners vagina, making sex more difficult
Certain lifestyle changes have also been found to help improve your sex life. For instance a vegetarian diet and pelvic exercises make you stronger and better in bed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1st I had a baby girl now she had 6 years we are trying to another one so I took HSG they inject some liquid but it is come of my intestine so Dr. is telling that my tubes are closed without operation any help is there. 1st I had a baby girl is operation for me.
Gestational diabetes is a condition characterized by higher than normal blood sugar levels during pregnancy. The symptoms of this disorder are mild and a blood test has to be conducted as a part of the diagnosis. In all cases, the women should be administered treatment to avoid medical complications associated with it and to be on the safer side. Proper diagnosis is absolutely essential in the case of women with prediabetes or those women who had diabetes prior to pregnancy.
When the insulin receptors fail to function normally, the blood sugar levels may rise. This is known to be one of the causes of gestational diabetes. Post pregnancy, the symptoms of gestations diabetes disappear on their own; however, such patients are an in increased risk of suffering from type 2 diabetes at a later stage. Moreover, children born to mothers with gestations diabetes are at an increased risk of suffering from conditions such as jaundice, diabetes, and certain other health issues.
As a part of gestational diabetes treatment, the expecting mother is advised to consume a nutritious diet, practice a daily exercise regime, and monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis. Nonetheless, if your blood sugar levels become extremely high, you may be advised to take specific medicines to control it and avoid complications.
The following are some of the treatment methods used to manage gestational diabetes:
- Medical Treatment: Under modern medicine, the patients are prescribed antidiabetic drugs and insulin to keep blood sugar levels within the normal range.
- Natural treatment: Some of the ways to naturally manage gestational diabetes include the following:
- Balanced Diet: According to several research studies, an erratic eating schedule can cause diabetes because the functioning of the body gets disrupted. For this reason, consuming a balanced diet becomes extremely important. In fact, eating small meals at an interval of two to three hours is recommended by the nutritional experts. Consequently, the body becomes accustomed to metabolizing the nutrients and blood sugar imbalances are avoided as well.
- Exercise Regime: If you are suffering from gestational diabetes, then maintaining a regular exercise regime is beneficial. At the start, you can exert the body for 30 minutes and gradually, increase the time limit. Only the low-impact exercises such as swimming and walking are advised. However, be sure to consult your doctor beforehand.
- Fiber-rich Diet: The intake of foods that are rich in fiber such as whole grains and flaxseeds is advised for women with gestational diabetes. This nutrient helps balance the insulin levels within the body by regulating the activity of the insulin receptors. During pregnancy, women are advised to increase their consumption of fiber-rich foods anyway to improve their cardiovascular and digestive health. However, the positive effect of fiber-rich foods on insulin receptors is crucial during the onset of gestational diabetes.
- Additional Dietary Recommendations: During the gestational diabetes recovery period, foods that are sources of vitamin D (such as tofu, salmon, and mushrooms) must be consumed as they foster the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut and helps to have a healthy pregnancy. Other foods that pregnant women with gestational diabetes can benefit from include foods rich in vitamin C and proteins. Also, foods that come under the category of complex carbohydrates must be consumed. Moreover, women with gestations diabetes should abstain from sugar-rich foods.
Conclusion: On a concluding note, you should note that the above treatments for gestational diabetes should be practiced only after a thorough discussion with the doctor. Keep in mind that during pregnancy you have to adopt a precarious approach; by doing so, you can prevent you and your baby from getting adversely affected. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A child may have an articulation disorder if they are deleting sounds (e. G, saying “doic” for “dog”), substituting sounds (e. G, “dat” for “cat”), adding￼sounds (e. G, “balue” for “blue”) or distorting sounds (e. G, “thpoon” for “spoon”). In general, there is a range of typical speech-sound development. Most children are 90% intelligible to a wider range of communication partners by the age of four. If you are concerned about your child’s speech intelligibility or articulation, it is best to seek the advice of alicensed speech-language pathologist who will conduct a formal assessment. This formal assessment will involve looking at both speech and sound production and sound error patterns or distortions.
Can sleeping for long hours after three weeks of unprotected sex is a sign of pregnancy? Ps. She took emergency contraception after 7 hours then 6 days later she bleed for 8 days like normal menstruation period.
'Congratulations! You're pregnant!' Almost all women long to hear these words and nothing should come in the way, even diabetes. So, if you are a Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic, here are a few things you should keep in mind to have a healthy baby.
Your blood sugar must be monitored regularly
The most important thing you can do to have a healthy baby is to keep your blood sugar as close to normal before and during your pregnancy. Testing is recommended a minimum of four times a day. Glucose passes through the mother's blood to the fetus and hence if your blood sugar fluctuates, so will your baby's. High blood sugar levels are especially harmful during the first 8 weeks of pregnancy when the baby's brain, heart, kidneys and lungs are formed.
Your pregnancy is considered high risk
High blood sugar levels can increase the risk of a miscarriage as well as the risks of your baby being born with birth defects. Diabetes can also increase the risk of developing preeclampsia during the second half of your pregnancy. This could result in a C section or premature birth. Thus, maintain regular checkups and keep your doctor in the loop of all your activities.
You should watch out for signs of Ketosis
When you have low blood sugar, the body produces ketones that can be passed on from you to your baby. This production of ketones is a result of the body's burning of fat instead of glucose to provide energy and can develop a condition called ketosis. Symptoms you should watch out for are stomach aches, nausea, fatigue, muscle stiffness, frequent urination and fruity breath.
You need Vitamins and Supplements
Most women require vitamin and mineral supplements at the time of pregnancy. Of these, folic acid, iron, calcium and vitamin D are the most important. These supplements help in the healthy growth of the baby.
You should exercise regularly
Maintaining a regular physical activity routine is very important for diabetics who are expecting a baby. This will help you regularize your blood sugar, relieve stress and strengthen your heart. Avoid activities that increase your risk of falling and aim for at least thirty minutes of daily exercise such as walking, swimming or yoga.
Check your medication
Some medication can be detrimental during pregnancy such as cholesterol and blood pressure medication. Consult your doctor to find a suitable alternative, if needed. You may also need to change the kind of insulin you take and its frequency and amount. As you get closer to the delivery date, your insulin requirement may even double or triple.
The key to preventing complications during pregnancy is controlling your diabetes. So take your insulin regularly, maintain regular checkups and eat healthy. You need to be seen by your obstetrician more frequently. Your pregnancy will be monitored closely by more frequent ultrasounds and NST. If your sugar level remains under control and pregnancy is advancing well, a natural onset of pains is aimed for and a normal delivery is expected. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Potential Damage to the Cervix: There is a chance that the cervix may get damaged during the procedure, especially if the dilatation has not been done properly.
Perforation of the Uterus: There is a possibility that the walls of the uterus may get punctured. Although the chances are slim, the risk is also small as the uterus usually heals without complications.
Bleeding: There is usually some post-operative bleeding which diminishes with time but can be an inconvenience just the same.
Cervicovaginal Fistula: This is can be caused by a combination of the dilatation and curettage procedure and cerUterine Rupture: Rare cases of uterine rupture have been cited where the instillation was caused by the infusion of high-dose oxytocin.
Anesthesia if d&c done under general anesthesia patient may feel nausea or vomiting headache for a long time
Infertility if excessive curettage is done than no mense & no pregnancy at all
Irregular menses is also a very big problem after d&c
The main side effect of this procedure is the pain which gradually subsides with time. Bleeding is another side-effect. There is a lot of psychological trauma which occurs, especially if the D&C has been done for an abortion, Bleeding,
Beside these staying in hospital is also very hactic
There is a solution for these problems Herbal d&c no dilation no curatage only some drugs taken orally no side effect no disadvantage complete ccure
If u want to now more about this therapy contact to me Dr Uzma Rahat at lybrate