Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi PophaleYour feedback matters!
I am having vaginal yeast infection since 5 days. Its my period time. Getting worse. What should I do?
I have a wife and she delivered a baby for us, can I suck her breast milk and drink? Is there any risk in doing so? And can the milk give me health or effect my body and our baby?
Gm sir on 15 th may my sis got baby n 17 may she died suddenly I thing while feeding milk she slept n not got up now my sister in big trauma n I just want to know now she is getting breast pain due to not feeding what medicine or treatment she can do.
I have a sex with my boyfriend so after marriage did my husband get to know about my sex by seeing my vagina.
I am a 26 year old female with regular periods. I have been having severe headaches and vomit sensations since past 2 years. No doctor has been able to diagnose the problem since then.
Good morning I want to increase my sex timing and and I want do sex without condom because I read due to condom there are many problems are creating is any other ways to do sex without condom bt not get pregnancy.
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling PCOS, a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hi doctor, I'm 23 years old and I used to face my periods every month very painfully. I will get stomach and back ache during 5 days. Is my over weight be a cause? Help me out with your suggestions so that I can come out of pain Thanks in advance.
Q: I am 22years old married (6month, I have PCOD problem like irregular periods till now I have not got conceive, and I have gained weight even pimples also in face. Please tel me the remedy.
Hi doc I am pregnant of 8 months but actually mene 3 times apna urine test krwaya aur hamesha pus cell 15-20 me h aate h mene iske liye medicine bhi khyi but no effect culture bhi krwa lia uski jo medicine h wo bhi kha li but no effect please tell me what I am do now which medicine will be effected and please tell me isse mere inside baby ko to koi effect nhi ho rha hoga please reply me please.
My wife is 28 years old she is suffering from hypothyroidism and we are expecting a baby but not happening also we need ayurvedic remedies for her.
My wife is pregnant, 27 weeks running. Since last one week, she is having episodes of elevated heart rate and slight difficultly to breathe. Is this normal or should we consult a gynae?
Hi, My age is 26. Recently I had mild pain in right breast after few weeks it got controlled and I feel something happens in my right breast. I went to gynic when I had pain she has done screening exam and told your breast is okay and she has given pain killers again I consultant orthopedic he told muscle pain and I have vitamin d deffieciencynow my pain is reduced and lil pain at upper breast part neck and shoulder my right hand is lil cool compared to left there anything to scare? Do I need to think about breast cancer? Please suggest.
Hi, My fuency & I tried having sex many a times but I never able to penetrate. She is a virgin, whenever I try to my penis in her vagina she suffer a lot of pain & she start moving her legs & hands in pain here & there & I never able to penetrate. I even placed two of fingers in in but she suffers lot of pain & I have to take them out. She cant handle pain in that area. So everytime I only do orgasm to satisy her. I feel she is really phobic about penetration, she fear that pain. I tried Lox 2 % , lubic but that also not helped, she had pain which she cant resist. Then we even tried while we are drunk but then also she had pain. I am really depressed as I tried everything & nothing is working out. Please guide us so that we can have normal sex life like others.
Hi I'm 22 years old female, unmarried. I have to get my periods before 15 days but still I didn't get my periods. What may be the reason for this? And how to get my periods soon? Will this affect my pregnancy after marriage?
Hi. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 8th feb after that I took ipill within 24 hours. Then I got period on 16th feb. Now its 26th march. I do not get periods till now. I am not ready for this pregnancy. I want to know that I am pregnant or not?
Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification, and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lectucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries: Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you: Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil: Are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The benefits of salads are immense.