Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi PophaleYour feedback matters!
Poor sex education and awareness can lead to pregnancy in the teenage years, which continues to be a problem that affects almost all countries. In fact, USA is the leader in teen pregnancy with most cases. As per records, about 35% of the girls get pregnant at least once before they reach 20 years of age.
This is a problem for the mother and for the child and is a social menace. Read on to understand a little more on how it affects both.
How it affects the mother?
- Teenage pregnancy is a result of negligence and poor awareness in most cases. The chances of habits like smoking, alcohol abuse and drug abuse are quite high in these mothers, which have adverse effects on the fetus during pregnancy. This also means their responsibility in terms of sufficient prenatal care, nutrition, and overall care for themselves and the child would not be optimal.
- Higher rates of maternal death: If girls who are less than 15 years of age get pregnant, the death rate is quite high. In addition, there is also poor weight gain, anemia, pregnancy-induced hypertension, STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). All these can have an effect on the child including low birth weight, vital organ malformations, congenital disorders, respiratory distress, and very high levels of infant mortality.
- With the added responsibility of the child, the chances that the teenager would go to school after childbirth and complete education and look into employment are also reduced drastically.
- Very often, teenage mothers also tend to remain single, as the child is usually born out-of-wedlock and is a result of negligence.
- The chances of having children later in life is also reduced, given all the changes that she goes through early on in life.
How it affects the child?
- As a corollary to the effects on the mother, the first effects include low birth weight, malformation of vital organs, inadequate healthcare, and even very high rates of infant mortality in the first year of life.
- Other medical conditions like chronic respiratory problems, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and blindness are very common.
- There could also be developmental issues like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, dyslexia, and other
- Given the social circumstances in which they are born, they are more exposed to early motherhood, single parenthood, broken marriages. This affects the regular parenting care that they receive resulting in improper nutrition and healthcare.
- Again, the poor social set-up also does not ensure sufficient education opportunities for the child. They may also get into child labor and become easy prey to neglect and abuse.
- The chances of girls born to teenage mothers themselves becoming teenage mothers is also quite high, leading to a vicious cycle.
Most countries are trying to fight this social menace by involving families, schools, and healthcare professionals, and running social campaigns and programs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I had sex on 27th and I took ipill on 28th. After a week tt is on 4th I had sex again. Whr he never ejaculated inside me. N I even wiped his precum before he inserted. And now on 6th day after my last intercourse (12th day after taking ipill) I have vaginal bleeding. M I pregnant? Shud I be worried?
Hello Doctor I am 31 year male. One year back I have tested TSH level and it was 8.9. And doctor prescribed me to take thyronorm 12.5 once daily. Recently from last 3 months I am getting skin rashes (red color with bumps and itching) and the frequency is increasing. Daily from last 3 months almost I am taking Cetzine and then only I getting some relief. So I thought may be my Tsh level increased and that is why I have done TSH test, and it turned up normal. So now doctor can you please help me out like why this is happening. I don't have any food allergy till date and not having anything new also recently.
Pls prescribe best tonics to beget child and to get rid of menopause for 34 years lady. Menstrual cycle is normal (27 to 30 days).
For many people, cooking is incomplete without green chilies. It is what is believed to enhance the taste of a dish by many folds. But the USP of green chili is not restricted to being only a taste enhancer. It is a powerhouse that comes with a myriad of health benefits. Having said that, consuming green chilies in excess will do more harm than good. Daily consumption of green chilies on a limited amount is what is considered to be healthy.
Listed below are some of the amazing health benefits of eating green chilies daily.
- A powerhouse of antioxidants: Green chilies are a rich source of antioxidants that as a defensive shield, safeguarding the body from the deleterious effects of the free radicals. The green chilies are also known for their antibacterial properties, a property that goes a long way to protect the body from various infections and the associated symptoms and discomfort.
- Keep the heart hale and hearty: Bad cholesterol, also known as LDL (Low- density lipoprotein) and triglycerides are a nemesis for the heart, triggering serious problems including stroke and heart attack. Green chilies work wonders to lower the level of the LDLs and triglycerides. It helps to prevent Atherosclerosis (deposition of fats within the blood vessels ) and also maintain the blood pressure and the heart rate within normal range.
- A great mood enhancer: The hormone endorphin is known as the feel good hormone that enhances the mood to a great extent. Capsaicin, an active component present in green chili acts as a catalyst, accelerating the release of endorphins to a great extent.
- Pain, a thing of the past: In many cases, green chilies have helped to ease the pain to a noticeable extent. When one eats chili, the capsaicin present in it binds to TRPV1 (a heat receptor protein), leading to its activation. The activation plays a pivotal role in lowering the pain by desensitizing the nerve cells against the painful stimulus.
- Lose weight with elan: This point is sure to bring a smile to those who are trying to maintain a healthy body weight. Green chilies come with a zero calorie count and do, in fact, accelerate the body's metabolism to an appreciable amount.
- Packed with B-carotene and Vitamin C: The importance of B-carotene for the eyes are known to all. Vitamin C, on the other hand, does the skin a world of good, enhancing the production of collagen and also slows down the skin aging. Green chilies are an excellent source of both of these vitamins.
- Keep bone disorders at bay: Green chilies are also laden with Vitamin K, a blood clotting factor that ensures there is blood clotting following an injury or an accident. It also helps in the mineralization of the bones, preventing many degenerative bone disorders including osteoporosis.
- A boon for diabetic patients: Green chilies have been instrumental in bringing about a significant reduction in the blood sugar level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi Dr. My daughter is of 14+ n during periods she suffer from heaving bleeding plzz give sm suggestion she had bleeding for 7 DayS. please tell me something she can't take medicine also because it affects a lot during periods. So Dr. please help me.
I had an unsafe sex with one of my female friends. 2009 to 2012. Then in 2016 I checked my STD in which all tests came negative.(only hsv1positive) I have never had oral sex. Okey but I accept that I have hsv 1. When I was reading about HSV on Google, I read too much about HPV. Since the last three months since I have read about HPV, I feel like I have an hpv. After that, my condition was very bad. I showed my skin specialist doctor, so my doctor said that After such a long time period, you do not need to worry anymore. But I do not believe in my doctor because the fear of HPV has penetrated in my body, it is not coming out either. So now my question is If I want to find out about HPV then how do I know because HPV does not even have a special test for men. 2009 to 2017 almost 9 years have passed but there is no sign of any kind in my body. I still have the possibility of being HPV?
I was 2 months pregnant and had abortion because of unhealthy baby Dr. Suggested me for abortion now it been 40 days so I wanted to know can I teach dance & can I have sex with my husband?
Forensic psychiatry is generally identified as a specialized offshoot of psychiatry, dealing with the calculated treatment and evaluation of mentally disordered offenders in secure hospitals, prisons and in the community. This branch of psychiatry requires an indepth understanding and thorough knowledge of the connection between legality and mental health.
Patients of Forensic Psychiatry, generally are affected with personality dysfunctions, mental illness, psychopathic disorders, organic brain damage, learning disability and other conditions, such as histories of abuse and traumatic experiences as well as substance abuse and misuse.
Nature of the work
The most important prerequisite of this branch of psychiatry is a secure and safe environment where the subjects are liable to legal restrictions. Evaluation and assessment may vary from highly secured hospitals and prisons to low secure units and community based services. Forensic psychiatrists must have a thorough knowledge of civil, criminal and case law because of their frequent dealings with criminal justice agencies and the courts.
An important component of Forensic Psychiatry is risk assessment and evaluation. Forensic psychiatrists must be fluent and adept at handling patients during emergencies or routine situations. Moreover, they should be calm, composed and professional in their dealings, especially with patients who display instability or violent and aggressive behavior.
The probation service, the prison service and the courts generally rely on forensic psychiatrists for expert advice, precisely because of their familiarity with preparing reports for mental health review tribunals and criminal justice agencies.
- Quintessentially, the obligatory role of a forensic psychiatrist requires:
- Ability to treat others with understanding and respect
- Ability to work flexibly
- Emotional resilience along with the ability to empathize with patients
- Anticipation and an inherent initiative to work in challenging situations
- Good communication skills
- A scientific and analytic approach and assessment
- Good leadership qualities
The success of In vitro fertilization continues in India as a septuagenarian woman gives birth to a baby boy. Even after 46 years of marriage, the couple from Amritsar was childless. Daljinder Kaur, along with her 79-year-old husband, Mohinder Singh Gill, had been visiting National fertility and the Test Tube Baby Centre in Hisar since 2013 and did not give up even after two failed IVF cycles. They had faced ridicule for their inability to have a baby and yet they kept their hopes up.
On the 19th of April, the couple was blessed with a baby boy who is nothing less than a miracle. The groundbreaking achievement of the embryologists from Hisar has been an inspiration and a beacon of hope for couples all across the country. Once again, IVF has proved to be one of the most successful procedures to have babies for couples with fertility issues. Following are some of the advantages of In vitro fertilization, which you should know about-
1. It can be used by anybody - In-vitro fertilization is not necessarily used by the going to be a mother. It can be used by gestational carriers or by a surrogate as well. So it depends on whether the parents want to take the help of a surrogate or themselves want to be involved in the pregnancy. IVF gives an opportunity to single women and same-sex couples to become parents.
2. Use of donated eggs and sperms - There might be circumstances when the doctor can recommend using donated sperms or eggs. In that case, the eggs can be fertilized manually in the lab and the fetus developed can be used for in vitro fertilization. This increases the chance of pregnancy by a fair amount.
3. Control over timing - In vitro fertilization is a solution for couples who have a very engaging professional life, and can be an option for people who want to have babies after a certain point of time. Eggs and embryos can be preserved for future use. It is also helpful for couples who already have a child and plan to have another later.
4. Decreases chances of miscarriage - Genetic abnormality is one of the primary causes of miscarriage. The technique of preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is used to ensure the viability of the embryo much ahead of time so that the mother can have an uncomplicated pregnancy and carry her baby full term.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
Hi, I am 23 years old female. I'm effected in my private part. In that I feel swelling, etching. I'm feel so worried it. I'm nt understand what is the. Actual reason of it. How to protect it. Which kind of instructions I need to follow it.
Stretching is very important for your well-being. Not only does it help you become more agile and flexible, it helps you become better at sports and also makes sure that you have fewer injuries when you are playing sports. Here are some exercises, which are guaranteed to make sure that your flexibility will improve:
1. The runner's stretch
In this stretch, put your right foot forward and then try to touch the floor with your fingertips. If your fingers do not reach the floor, place them as far down as possible. You have to then inhale, and go back to your starting position.
2. The standing side stretch
This stretch starts when you are standing straight upwards with your arms raised above your head and your fingers interlocked. When you breathe out you have to slowly bend your upper body to the right then return to the starting position. After you have reached the starting position, you inhale again and after you have inhaled, you have to stretch your upper body to the left.
3. The forward hang
In this stretch, your starting position is when you stand with your legs apart and then you lock your fingers together and place them behind your back. Once this is done, you breathe in. After breathing in, you have to exhale by bending forward and keeping your hands interlocked above your head. You have to hold this position for 5 seconds.
4. The low lunge arch
This stretch involves bringing your right leg as forward as possible and then lowering your left knee onto the floor. You then have to lock your hands together with your palms facing the floor and your hands in front of your body. You then have to inhale for the stretch. The stretch involves lifting your arms as far up as possible and then stretching as far back as possible keeping your legs in the position they were already in. Once you have finished this exercise, you have to do the exact same thing with the left leg in front
Hello doctor I am 16 weeks 1 day pregnant but I can not feel any baby movement .I am worried please advise me.
The name 'fast food' comes from the fact that it can be prepared and served in a jiffy and not to mention, tastes delicious. Don't be fooled by the smell and the taste, they have such little to no nutritional value that they can hardly be called food. They are rich in calories, fat and sugar that lead to various kinds of health conditions. Popular junk foods include gums, sweets, carbonated drinks, desserts, dried foods; you probably love them now but after knowing their effects on your health you might want to eliminate them from your diet. Here are some of the conditions which can be caused by consumption of excessive fast food:
- Heart diseases: Fast food contains high amounts of trans or saturated fats that can clog your arteries and lead to high level of cholesterol later in life. People who have junk food more than four times a week increase their risk of dying by 80%.
- Obesity: Adolescents who have poor eating habits are at high risk of being obese. Gaining a lot of weight beyond a recommended proportion can cause many health problems. Junk foods have sugar and calories that lead to weight gain. It has also been noticed that people who are prone to eating more fast foods are less likely to consume fruits and vegetables and this further weakens their immune system.
- Peptic Ulcer: Peptic ulcer is a disease that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract; it is acidic in nature and causes extreme stomach ache. Spicy oily and salted food combined with stress and alcohol can lead to this condition.
- Diabetes: Busy work schedule prevents many people from cooking at home and they take resort in fast food but it is advisable not to let work get in the way of your health. Consuming regular fast food coupled with poor lifestyle and lack of exercise lead to obesity which in turn cause Type 2 diabetes.
Cut down on junk foods and incorporate fruits and vegetables and also make time to include a daily exercise routine to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
I am suffering form Leucorrhoea very badly, I feel exhausted, sleepy every time which effect my daily routine. Please suggest me a cure (ayurvedic / homeopathic) preferred! I'll be thankful to you!
Stuck inside for your run? These routines are anything but run-of-the-mill
If you dread the tread, check out these six routines that will help you outrun boredom and get better results than ever.
Turn Up Your Tempo
Set the incline to 1 percent and warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Then set the pace 2 minutes faster than your easy running pace—say 8 minutes per mile if you usually run 10-minute miles for a long, easy run. Go at that tempo for 3 to 4 minutes, and then walk for 3 to 4 minutes. That’s one round; do 3 to 5 total rounds.
“This is a maximum aerobic effort that helps you push your easy pace”
Warm up with 5 to 10 minutes of easy running. Then set the incline at 1 percent and start running at a 5 miles-per-hour pace. Increase the speed 0.2 mph every minute until you completely fatigue.
“This workout will systematically and incrementally increase an athlete's lactate threshold,”
“It will also develop mental patience and boost VO2 Max.”
Warm up with 15 to 20 minutes of easy running. Then run a half-mile at 75 percent of your hardest effort. When you hit the half-mile mark, slow to a jog for 200 meters. That’s one round; do 6 to 8 total rounds.
“By not fully recovering between repeats you still improve your ability to run fast, but also ensure you have the aerobic strength and support to maintain goal pace on race day”
The Horrible Hill Workout
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Begin your workout by setting the incline to 8 percent and sprint as fast as you can for 30 seconds. Then lower the incline to 5 percent and walk for 30 seconds. After walking, sprint for 90 seconds at your 10K pace, then walk for 2 minutes. That’s one round; do 6 to 9 total rounds.
“This workout challenges your anaerobic and neuromuscular system while also helping build strength with the long hill repeat”
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Every time a commercial comes on during a show or game you’re watching, run 1 ½ to 2 minutes per mile faster than your warm-up pace until the regular program returns. Do this until completely fatigued.
“It’s a killer toward the end of a close Cricket game"
Warm up with 10 minutes of easy running. Start the treadmill at 7 miles per hour on a 1 percent incline and run 60 seconds at that pace. Then lower the speed to an easy pace and take a 60 second break. Bump up the speed to 7.5 mph and repeat this 60 seconds of running with a 60-second break while increasing the speed by 0.5 mph after each break. Once you can’t hold that faster speed for the full 60 seconds, drop the interval down to 30 seconds of running with 60 seconds of rest until you can’t go anymore.
“As the workout progresses, you carry more and more fatigue into the next interval"
“It’s a great workout that gives you bang for your buck on the aerobic and anaerobic side of the coin.”