Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aditi Chandrashekhar Acharya
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi Chandrashekhar AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I am a fresher and just recently started my first job. First month was fine but now I am in very much stress every time as I just come home to sleep and no time for myself. In the office I feel very low for a reason I don't know. And because I feel low, I am not able to perform good What should I do?
"Adolescence is the age at which children stop asking questions because they know all the answers. "
It's exam time. There are some lucky parents who enjoy these times. I said ‘some'. For the rest of us, exam times are a source of anxiety and worries. Everyone relates to exams with anxiousness, stress etc... The only person who may be relaxing is the one who set the papers. Children are running like chickens from xerox centers to the stationary shops. From tutorials to friends. Every ping on Whats-app gives a different reaction.
Good, bad or ugly. Reactions are uncertain. The largest anxious & worried audience is parents. Some hide their worry with smiling face. Some are anxious because their child is not even aware of his timetable. Some are shouting and some overwhelmed.
So what does a parent need to do? There are two extreme spectrum in which parents behave. Either they are too involved or they don’t care about it and take themselves out of the picture. The best way to go is moderation. There are different ways in which parents can manage stress. Is stress, bad? No. Certain amount of stress is necessary. But we cannot be so stressed that we are not able to manage the situation in itself. So here are some offbeat look at what can be our action plan.
1. Expectation handling.
This is the biggest challenge parents face. No matter how evolved are the parents (or for that matter
human beings) they have expectations. Even if we tell ourselves and others that we have lesser expectations than the Buddha. The fact is we are stuck. Let's face it. There is no way we can get out of the expectation cycle. But one thing we can do is manage them and keep them rational. What are rational expectations? They are realistic.They are logical. They are helpful. Many parents expect that the child should sit in one place for long hours. If children don't, parents keep on blabbering about how they don't care about exams.
"Expectation is the mother of all frustration." Antonio Banderas
Also, there is another extreme parent. These Parents takes too much of care and pamper. Even that can trigger stress contributing thoughts. I knew a parent who took a year off from work for her son’s Tenth exam.
So should we stop expecting? No. Even if you want you can't. Keep the expectations rational. See if they are logical. Check if they are realistic and true. And most important check the impact. Are these expectations helping you? If they are not give up some of them. Expectation handling gets better with stories, remind your self of Aesop. one of his fables is Boy and filberts.
A Boy put his hand into a jar of Filberts, and grasped as many as his fist could possibly hold. But when he tried to pull it out again, he found he couldn't do so. The neck of the jar was too small to allow of the passage of so large a handful. Unwilling to lose his nuts but unable to withdraw his hand, he burst into tears. A bystander, who saw where the trouble lay, said to him, "Come, my boy, don't be so greedy: be content with half the amount, and you'll be able to get your hand out without difficulty."
2. Don't carry your comparison scale
Well you cant help it. Parents carry a comparison scale in their mind about how much or how long their child should study. There is no evidence or approval of this scale. It gets created somehow on the basis of your own past or some topper saying how hard he studied.
“Comparison is the death of joy.” Mark Twain
Parents have a philosophy that you can't get what you want unless you go through the suffering. Thinking that this will fire them up to study more and work hard, is one big mistake that you are committing. In some cases it may work, but at this rebellious age probability of getting backfired is high. This scale will damage them life long. even when you give up these scales your child carries it. Like we have been carrying the scales parents have given us.
3. Understand the teen brain.
Let me tell you the logic.The logic is teen brain develops in an interesting way. The ability to think about consequences is developing which is the frontal part of the brain. So no matter how much struggle you do many of your pep talks are going to fly off their heads unregistered. "Half baked brain, keep it baking "
“Well, no,” you have to say, “your brain is sometimes an explanation; it’s never an excuse.” Frances E. Jensen
should be the self chanted mantra for parents. This should be your mantra for next several years unless he/she is 20. As you have already seen that your sermons have little impact on your teen as if you are a preacher in the desert. Your job is simple; see if you are giving him healthy food and a conducive environment. During exam times they may behave odd, you manage this moderate. No extreme reactions. So remind yourself the functioning of the brain & "Half baked brain, keep it baking "
My grandma has it body pain ever time what should I do she takes so many medicine but not working what should I do for it?
I am 43 years old ,I am not able to sleep properly in night because of unnecessary issues thinking in mind and because of this I am not taking sleep properly. I have back pain since last 1 month . Due to this I am disturbing . Request you help me out of this. Because of this I am lot of in depression and Pressure , not able to understand how tackle the situation .
I'm student of Masters, but my memory has become very poor. I often forget if someone tells me a new name. And I forget it after 5 min. Is it normal ?Also, how should I increase my concentration and focus in my studies? My mind is never free whenever I sit for study.
I am unable to retain my memory, whenever I try to recall the yesterday's or just past things, Its getting very hard to recall.
I always shake my legs when I am thinking, now even when I am typing this question I am losing my concentration and my shaking legs indicates me about that. Please help me to overcome this habit. I am tired of lack of concentration and restless legs, whenever I think or I am in stress I daydream or my mind wanders and my leg starts shaking, I even can't sleep due to my mind or restless legs. I am most of time in dreams or in other world.
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of an age suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, foggy vision, stiff head, tuff to carry online since 1 year. One of psychologist hss suggested me that your immunity is too low so eat healthy and sleep good. As soon as your immunity power rises you will be alright is he right. please suggest.
Hi Doctor this is Manjunath I frequently forget in all the things and I can't concentrate on my works can you suggest me what to do for memory power.
Hi I need to ask you a certain something, what are the ayurvedic approaches to enhance mental ability (fixation, center, counts, memory issues)
I always a fluctuating view on my career. I took up engineering for four years. Then I felt my interest is in physics. After that I felt my interest is in animal life, biology,medicine. I am always getting confused about my career. What I feel I need to become today is not what I feel after a month? Pls help!
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive.
My father used to drink alcohol a lot. But now he drinks alcohol 3 or 4 times a week. And day by day he is losing apatite, infact he totally lost their apatite at night. We insisted him to have dinner usually, why he is loosing their apatite during dinner? Is it any dangerous sign? His age is 53 and weight 61.
I am suffering from from last 8 years with bipolar disorder symptoms. Situation now under control from 3 years. I want to get rid from these medicine. Bupron XL 150, Nexito 5, Dopovol 250mg, Neurogardian. As these can only control upto some limit but not cure the problem. Any Ayurveda treatment is available for it.
Hi, Can a patient under depression take pcm tablet while he is taking mdd xr 50 n zolfresh also.Please suggest me something for that.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.