Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aditi AthareYour feedback matters!
I have bad breath problem for past 10 years & when consulted with doctor they informed its happening due to crowding of teeth. Now am wearing braces for alignment. But still bad breath is there and stains are deposited in teeth. For stain removal can I use baking soda while wearing braces also suggest a way to get rid of bad breath.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
We all desire and do many things to get a bright, white smile. So, how about adding a small tinkle that would flash every time you smile? Teeth jewelry is gaining popularity and includes placing diamonds or gems on the teeth. The idea of flashing a red ruby or a blue sapphire only adds to the joy that is revealed through the smile.
Tooth gems are colorful crystal glasses mounted on a thin aluminum foil which can be used on the teeth. Unlike body tattoos and piercings, there is no invasive procedure involved in dental jewelry placement and is therefore much safer. There is no drilling required, no pain, and hardly any extra maintenance after their placement. These gems or crystals can be placed even for special occasions and removed later.
Here is how it is applied: Once the patient has agreed to go for a tooth jewelry, given them various options to finally arrive at the color, size, and shape of the jewelry. The following is a step-by-step approach for placing it on the tooth.
- The tooth is completely dried, isolated, and cleaned with a polishing paste
- Tooth is etched with 37% orthophosphoric acid for about 30 seconds. This will improve the bonding of the jewelry to the tooth structure
- The etchant is then rinsed off with water and the tooth is again dried for about 10 seconds
- A light-curing bonding agent is applied on the tooth, left in place for about 20 seconds, light-cured, rinsed off and dried again
- Place a small amount of flow composite on the tooth surface
- Using a small forceps, pick up the jewel to be placed on the tooth without touching with fingers. Avoid skin contact especially on the back of the jewel. Position it in the desired way and apply gentle pressure
- The jewel should be in close contact with the enamel, pushing out the excess composite material from the tooth structure
- While still in the dental chair, show it to the patient on a mirror and make minor adjustments if required
- Once the final position is achieved, cure the composite thoroughly for about 60 seconds. Cure it from all side including the back of the tooth.
- It takes about 4 minutes for the entire placement easy, is it not?
- Lost jewelry due to aspiration
- Chronic irritation to the adjacent mucosa (especially lips or tongue)
- Tooth fracture due to weakened natural tooth structure, especially if the chosen jewelry size is slightly bigger
- Tooth jewelry is for any person who wants to add a sparkle to their smile, of a color of choice. It is advantageous in being temporary, painless, and of course brightening and dazzling the smile. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.