Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AdithiYour feedback matters!
With nose job or rhinoplasty turning out to be an increasingly popular surgical procedure these days in India, potential patients are presented to a great deal of data, some real, some skeptical, and some downright false.
Here are 5 of the top myths busted.
1. The surgery is a fairly simple procedure
Nose job is one of the most complex and challenging operations in plastic surgery. Not only must the nose be in symmetry with the face, but also every segment of the nose must be directly proportionate with all of the others.
2. Your nose can resemble any superstar's nose of your picking
A prospective nose job patient ought to have practical desires. Every individual's face and visage is different. John Abraham's nose would not look great on each man, nor is it achievable. Similarly, Kareena Kapoor’s nose would not suit every woman, however becoming it is on her. In Rhinoplasty overexpectation and unrealistic expectation is always a cause of dissatisfaction. It is impossible to have a nose like Katrina or Sharukh Khan.
3. The anaesthesia used in the surgery is dangerous
Rhinoplasty is mostly carried out under general anaesthesia, which makes you unconscious during the whole experience. However, the anaesthesia used is completely safe. In fact, for minor procedures, a nose job can even be performed under local anaesthesia. Most patients who have undergone this surgery are healthy, and risks of long-term complications are exceptionally rare.
4. A second surgery is almost always required to get it right
While a revision surgery can be a reality when going through a nose job (as high as 10-15% in a few studies), it ideally should be a one-time operation only. Technically, the newly constructed nose is one that’s designed for life. That aside, because of the complexities of the operation and the variability in each person’s anatomy, skin, and healing, on certain occasions a revision surgery becomes necessary. When it occasionally occurs, usually it’s for something relatively minor such as a small residual bump.
5. A nose job is so expensive that only the very wealthy can afford it
Surprisingly, minor yet high-quality rhinoplasty procedures can start at as low as even INR 20,000 in India, which is not as expensive compared to several other kinds of plastic/cosmetic surgery procedures.
Caution: Avoid silicone implants for a nose job as they not good and have long term complications as extrusion and displacement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Is bleeding necessary after taking ipill? I took ipill twice in a week. I had sex on 2nd day of my period end. Took ipill within 24 hrs. And again had sex on8th day of my period end. Again had ipill immediately. Is there any chance of pregnancy. I am very tensed.
I got my periods last month on April 28 th. But it started with brown bleeding. On 5 th day normal bleeding started upto may 9 th it continued. Now I'm feeling that I will get my periods again. I'm getting back pain.
My date was on 9 but till today I din get my period. Many days have been paas. I my consuming WARF 5 mg tablet.
1) Will a girl get pregnant if she has oral sex? 2)Will a girl get pregnant if both the boy n the girl r wearing underwear n having fun on the bed? 3) can pregnancy take place if the boy uses a condom?
Hi, I am 23 years old married women. Past last4 months I am trying to get pregnant. But every month am getting my periods. I don't know what is the reason. My weight is 66. Might be weight also one of the reason or not. I don't know. Now my period date is 13th oct. Please tell me when is my ovulation date.
I am 42 old I married 7 year till date I have not conceive all test are normal my wife age 38 also I done ivf last year but we fail now what I can do.
Hi. I had intercourse 6-7 days prior to my periods date. The guy had ejaculated inside. Can that lead to pregnancy? If yes how to avoid it. My periods date was on 3 oct. I have not yet got my periods.
You are feeling under the weather, and you wish you could eat something fried or processed right now to feel better. But that may not be the smartest thing to do! Read on to know more about what you should avoid eating when you are sick.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, don’t go anywhere near sweet foods made of artificial sweeteners, since sorbitol (a kind of artificial sweetener) isn’t digestible and can instigate diarrhea. Also, avoid foods that can trigger bloating and gas, such as apples, onion, broccoli, beans and cabbages. Dairy, caffeine and alcohol can also provoke diarrhoea.
- Don’t consume dairy products, chocolate, pain medications and iron supplements if you are constipated.
- If you are nauseous, don’t eat greasy, oily or spicy foods. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine and alcohol as well.
- If you are having difficulties in swallowing due to a sore throat, hot fluids are by far the most beneficial. Not only do they help soothe your sore throat, but they're also known to loosen mucus, which may help relieve other symptoms such as congestion and stuffiness, often accompanying a sore throat, so consider eating soup or drinking hot water to alleviate the pain, and scratchy, hard foods such as granola, potato chips and nuts. Acidic juices made from vegetables and fruits, such as grape juice or orange juice, can also aggravate a sore throat.
- When your body aches, don’t grab that cup of espresso or that glass of whiskey, since both caffeine and alcohol can dehydrate the body, thereby worsening the pain.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners, aged chesses, MSG (monosodium glutamate which is found in soy sauce), chocolate, red wine and processed meat, if you have a headache. MSG has been linked to blood pressure which can cause headaches.
- Dairy products, processed or packaged foods, should be avoided if you have an earache.
- If you have an allergy, don’t consume milk, wheat, soy, berries, eggs, tomatoes, fish, nuts, chocolates and nuts. These foods commonly cause itching.
- You might have cold, or your nose won’t stop running. A hot broth or hot tea will give you comfort, but you should avoid spicy foods and alcohol. Spicy foods actually aggravate a runny nose.
- Flu, sinus or cold infection can inflame and irritate nasal blood vessels, making you feel like your nose is blocked. Avoid sugar and spicy foods if you have a congested nose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am 43 years female. I have bleeding for 15 to 20 days for every month from 6 months. I made sonography which result in normal.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. menisci is exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common injury faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of pain and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a menisci tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn menisci depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
- You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
- Stiffness and swelling
- You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
- You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not happening through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. The surgery is done through a small incision, called as arthroscopic surgery or key hole surgery, where in the torn meniscus is either repaired or trimmed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.