Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AdhikariYour feedback matters!
Tragedies are a part of life and at some point in life, every person faces them. It may be in different forms like separation, crisis in relationships, financial stress, death of a loved one, some severe disease and many others. Such tragedies can cripple anybody from inside out, but the children can have a devastating effect on their lives. Therefore, it is important that you love and support them during this phase and help them face the situation well.
Here are a few ways of dealing with the effects of tragedies on kids:
- Talk to them, honestly: It is important to assure the kids that they are not alone in this world and should remember that there are many other people who love them. In case of a tragedy, kids usually have a lot of pent-up feelings inside them. You need to talk to them and make them understand that instead of keeping those feelings to themselves, they should talk to you or anyone they trust. Venting out will enable them to relax.
- Act on truth: It is very important to teach the children that no matter what happens in life, there is a chance to start afresh. The kids should be surrounded with people they love, as it will make them feel a little relaxed and open. Also, it is essential for them to know that there’s always hope and not all is lost.
- Remain calm: After a large scale tragedy, your children will usually look up to you regarding, how to react in a situation. Although it is okay for your children to see you sad or in grief, but you should keep as calm as possible and do not react intensely. This will help keep them calm and less anxious.
- Reassure your children about safety: You should make your children understand that they are safe and nothing bad will happen to them. They must be reassured that no harm will come upon them as you are always with them.
- Maintain normal routine: It is essential to give your children a feeling of normalcy. You must try to maintain their normal schedule with the usual dinner time, bed time and school time. You must pay special attention to them to make them feel more secure. You should spend extra time with them and always be there for company and reassurance for any factor.
Children are affected severely by any kind of tragedies as they are fragile and immature. Tragedies disrupt the balance of life, but you must try to make your children feel the crisis as less as possible, so that they get less hampered emotionally. A troubled childhood affects the healthy growing up of a child.
I have boy baby 2 years old he premature baby. He having low vitamin D.what kind of food can give him.
My daughter is 11 months old and diagnosed with partial lactose intolerance at 2.5 mths old, she was partially taking mother milk until 7 mths age, she is now taking only zero lac milk powder. Her weight has been constant at 8 kg since past 2.months. what special care that should we do ? Any diet plan that she can recover on permanent basis ? I will be very gratefull.
Hi my baby is 5 months 25 days now. His stool today was total watery and green color. We are not giving anything apart frm mothers milk. Any specific reason for such green liquidy stool?
Girl child age 2 months ssuffered with high spasmoding cough since 4th apr stated treated with agumantin & cough syp, steam inhation for 6 days but there no proper response cpc, crp & chest xray done hb 9.2 tlc 13600 p32 l 62 e4 mi crp -3.6 xray shows shadow pneumonitis sugested treated with nimkcin pep-30 monosef and other measure adopted to prevent there is marginally response to cough but not complete clear rpt xray was clear tlc 13100 no fever between treatment. But there was no reilf with cough when ever wake up a deep cough started and in night after 2 o clock more frequancy, cough is still runs but duration is very less to earlier interwel time also less. All antibiotic stoped on 20th apr child is on cough syp ascorole my and plain steam. A digital xray was done that wnl except superior mediastinum is widened due to enlarged thymus glands on the rt side. All above conclusion is that cough is not in complete relief.
Hello doctor. My son is 13 month old. Yesterday he pour hot water from kettle. It cause blister in left knee & right foot. I went to hospital immediately. They gave silver nitrate ointment alone. For a week. My question is the ointment alone can workout or anything else I have to give him for less recover time. Thanks in advance.
My baby is of 4 months and he has 8-9mm malaligned VSD. What are the chances of curing it without surgery. please give me suggestion.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
How should I increase my breast milk production? My baby feeds on that only and does not accept formula milk.
My daughter, 1 years 2mths old, fell down on floor last night while standing and from her front tooth blood started coming. Later we noticed her left front teeth chipped n since mouthing I am noticing she is not able to bite my finger when I am putting it in her mouth and shouting jus by trying to cut it.
My child age is 15 month year old now he have not a single teeth born and now before 2 days he vomiting when we are giving some food to eat and loss potty 3 times in a day whats the problem he have and what type of remedy we will take or medicine.
My 1 year baby's teeth still not came also he is not taking solid diet happily any remedies please reply with your suggestions.
My male baby 20 months old is having Craniosynostosis, having small head size. His overall activities are normal so far, he is not talking yet but only saying Mama, Papa, Didi, he walks/ runs normally. Please let me know if I have to take any extra precautions in order to make his future life to safer side.
How to make health without junkfood and how to control our heartbeat which is beat faster whenever I have fear in mind.
My 1.3 year old baby has made weight fall on his both legs, orthopedicIan said there is no fracture and given imol syrup but he is not able to walk properly. What to do. By when he will walk properly.
What are nail infections?
Nails are at risk of fungal infections during the rainy season, especially if your baby sweats and continually scratches himself. Nails can become discoloured, brittle and rough. In severe cases, the nail can come away from the nail bed. You may also notice red, swollen and itchy skin around the nails.
How did your baby get a nail infection?
This fungal infection can result from overexposure to water, damage to the nail, or scratching sweaty or infected skin. Any moisture or debris trapped under the nails encourages the infection to grow. Ingrown nails may also be prone to infections.
What can you do about your baby's nail infection?
Its best to take your baby to a board certified dermatologist.