Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Adam K. MemonYour feedback matters!
IME 9 launch new medicine for diabetes this is for beneficial for diabetes patients if not then, what is the disadvantage of that medicine.
Suffering from back ache , sleepy & weakness . Working late night so please suggest any medicine which can cause to feel me fresh for the day.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
There three major factors that can help you prevent and reverse pre- and type II diabetes: proper diet and appropriate nutritional and herbal supplementation, exercise, and weight management.
- Diet: Proper diet is critical for both preventing and treating pre-and type II diabetes. One of the most important dietary precautions you can take is to eliminate all refined sugars and sugar products from your diet. Also reduce or eliminate your intake of alcohol and caffeine; avoid fast, processed "junk" foods and soda, altogether; and eat protein snacks between meals.
- Eating According to the Glycemic Index: Another important dietary tip is eat meals that contains an abundance of low-glycemic (low-sugar) foods. By doing so you can significantly improve your body's ability to maintain low insulin and blood sugar levels. Low-glycemic foods include raw, organic leafy green vegetables, fruits that contain pits, sweet potatoes, yams, organic whole-grain breads and cereals, most legumes and nuts, skim and buttermilk, poultry, white fish, shellfish, and lean cuts of beef and veal.
- Nutritional and Herbal Supplements: In addition to a healthy diet, many people at risk for or who already have pre- or type II diabetes will also benefit from various nutritional and herbal supplements.
- Exercise: Regular exercise should be part of every diabetic's daily routine. Exercise in combination with a weight loss program has been proven to reduce the odds of developing diabetes by 58 percent among people who are at risk for the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Not taking well sleep, usually around 3 to 4 hours sleep only, please suggest way to take proper sleep.
I was diagnosed with TB Spine 7 months ago so I took the treatment from govt Hospital, after 6 months of course I again did with sputum test but the results are negative. Is there any other test to reconfirm my TB other than sputum test.
When she come from outside (sun heat) head start to pain due to head pain vomiting happen and feel very weakness also pain in whole body. 2nd problem how she will increase her health. 3rd problem is did not happen bathroom daily any medicine is there in homeopathic. please reply me sir/mam. Provide me the name of medicine and also say me what she eat daily. For this I am thankful to you.
I am having headache from last 7 days and feeling drowsy whenever I eat some junk stuffs. My cholesterol level is also high. Suggest some ways to cure it?
Sir, Meri ek problem hai Mei 1 week mai 2-3 day hastamaithun Karta hu apne aapko rok nehi sakte hum jab mere sex thodh jata hai is ke Liye mere link bohat chota or patla hogaya sir mere age 19 hai sir kaise iss aadat chode help me sir?
I kissed my girl with mild chickenpox its the 4th day and they began to dry i've had chickenpox once in childhood will I also get chickenpox from her?
I masturbate once a month and I hardly eat anything (no spicy) and yet I get pre cum early in the morning and all the medicines do not work so please advice me something that works not something you hope works. Ive tried sensival, duloxe (antidepressants) they seemed to work for a while then stopped Ive tried ashwagandha, acdiphos, staphysgiria (did not work at all) Soya beans works but very occasionally.
I am 21 year old man and suffering from nightfall, and bent penis since last 2 year what should I do?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
If creatinine, serum is low before normal biological level than what will be the problem can happen?
Apart from masturbation is there any other way to ooz out sperm that usually occur during night fall.
I have Irritable bowel syndrome. I have stool three times a day which is not thick but more fluid kind. Also I cannot digest anything. I have hyperacidity which causes burning sensation on my back. Also gas which causes the anxiety to increase. If I eat anything I feel heavy. I have been taking rabeprazole and normaxin for this but they are not helping. I also feel extremely weak. I have been taking propranolol for my anxiety. Please suggest what diet should I take that vl not cause gas, acidity and anxiety?
I am 19 years old boy. Sometimes my leftside chest became paining like electric. My weitght is 50kg and height is 5 foot 11 inches. What should I do?
If the body many types of fever like malaria, dengue, chickenpox etc. The body are should be able to drink are also is red eyes.
The term 'chest pain’ is a very common term and is usually used in day to day life. Basically, chest pain refers to the pain that may generate in your chest, shoulder and can travel to your ribs, jaws and towards your arms. The feeling of the pain can be sharp or dull, depending on the severity of your condition and cause.
There can be several reasons behind chest pain. You need to conduct a few tests to examine the real cause of the chest pain. It is always advised by health experts to take the symptoms of chest pain very seriously in order to avoid any serious problem in the future. Most of the severe and life-threatening diseases behind chest pain involve lung and heart problems. People having serious heart problems often feel discomfort, followed by pain in their chest area.
Chest pain which is related to any heart disease such as heart attack usually has symptoms like:
- Feeling of fullness and tightness in the chest region
- Burning or crushing pain, which travels from the chest to jaw, hands and back region.
- Breathing problem
Usually, it is very tough to distinguish whether the pain is associated with a heart problem or not. But generally chest pains which are not related to heart problems involves symptoms like
- Sensation in your mouth
- Problem in swallowing food
- Pain that worsens when you cough
- Burning sensation in your chest
Common causes of chest pain
- Angina: Angina is a medical condition described as a feeling of discomfort or pain in the chest region. This situation occurs when your heart muscles don't receive blood, which contains rich oxygen. Angina is a symptom of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The pain can take place in your shoulder, jaw, neck and arms also.
- Lung problems: People with lung disorders can encounter various types of chest pains. But some common causes are:
- Pleurisy: It is a type of medical condition, which occurs due to inflammation of the lining of chest and lungs. Due to this, you feel a sharp pain at the time of breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia: It is a type of lung infection, which causes chest pain.
- Pneumothorax: It is a type of lung disorder, which occurs when a portion of your chest gets collapsed.
- Asthma: It is a type of condition, which occurs due to shortness of breath and causes chest pain while coughing, sneezing and breathing.
- Gastrointestinal problem: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a common reason for chest pain such as burning sensation in your heart.
- Other causes of chest pain: There are several other reasons of chest pain such as muscle strain, ribs injury, shingles, anxiety and panic attacks. It is always important to visit a physician whenever you encounter any of such chest pain symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.