Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AcharyasYour feedback matters!
My baby is 3 month. His skin is very unfair. What is the healthy diet & massage for his healthy skin & healthy growth.
My daughter 2 year old has hair on her lips. Kindly tell me what can I apply so that it will get removed.
My son is only 10 years old and very slim, weight 15 kgs. He off an on says there is a chest pain middle of the chest, we as per doctor's recommendation we give him mucaine gel, sucral and even eno. When he vomits, his pain removes. May we give him proper D capsule? What does? Please help.
Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Stable on medications. Will have to follow the diet and medicines life long? Can it be cured? Is it a life threatening diseases. Can the sibling also get it?
Im 24years old girl. I have 1 prob. Ma baby was feed only my 1 breast, 2nd one not bcoz thats nipple was very smal. What can I do for increase the size of nipple.
Hello, My question is about my son aged about 10 years and his problem is, he has no control over his bowels/ he acts as he is unaware or what is his problem we are not able to understand, he will almost shit in his pants when he is back from school. He is not very regular in his daily motions, he will go in afternoon/ sometimes will not go will go the next day. He hogs on food particularly non-veg, Please suggest how to over come this problem.
Hello, my baby is of one year but below 8 kg. She is preterm born and was of 2 kg at birth. She is not gaining weight although has gud heavy diet.Please tell.
My granddaughter, aged 15 1/2, been suffering from low grade fever for almost 2 weeks with vomiting episodes for the same period. The vomit is usually light yellow though initially had flakes of blood. Vomit happens usually after a heavy meal. Vomiting is quite frequent ranging from 5 to 10 times daily. Endoscopy, ultra sound, blood, urine and tests for malaria and dengue have not shown any abnormality. Generally a healthy individual. Has consulted three different doctors physician, gastroenterologist and Pediatrician who have not been able to find the cause of fever and vomiting. Has been taking medication as per advice to include Pantocid or Pantop, Emset, Lesurpride, Oflotas, Zocef 500 mg, DOMDT 10 mg, calpol 650 mg Received injections ondem IV. Fever now ranges between 101 to 103 mainly at night and vomiting persists. The pediatrician has opined that the parents of the child are passing through divorce proceedings and her relations with her father are very tense. Other symptoms are normal and clear. Including throat and lungs. Could be case of Bulimia. Advised counselling and CBT.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.