Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Acharya NayanaYour feedback matters!
While having hard drinks I am feeling a bad smell coming out from inside of my oesophagus kindly describe
If you are advised to wear braces, it could be due to crooked / improperly positioned teeth which are not cosmetically pleasing or are not very efficiently chewing the food. Today, there is a big variety of braces available to correct the problems. Although all braces serve a similar purpose, but not all braces are suitable for everyone. Here, I am trying to explain some of the types of braces available, which will help you in a better understanding of braces.
- Metal braces: These braces are placed in the outer side of the teeth . A wire is then placed in the brackets which helps in realigning your teeth. This wire needs to be replaced from time to time with other wires usually the wires are replaced in 4 to 6 weeks. This type of braces are the most are the most affordable of the lot and thereby the most common choice.
- Ceramic braces: These types of braces are very similar to the metal braces in terms of functionality. The advantage of ceramic braces is that they resemble the colour of the teeth and are less noticeable. These braces are costlier than their metal counterpart and take a longer time to mount. One common complaint about these braces is that they become yellowish over time. It is therefore very important to clean your teeth properly on a daily basis.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces mounted at the back of the teeth. As a result, these braces are hardly visible. They are typically recommended to those whose teeth are not very crooked and the amount of teeth straightening required is very less. These braces are ideal for those patients who require an orthodontic device for a long time. They require very good oral hygiene and are also expensive when compared to other braces.
- Damon braces / Self-ligating braces: Damon braces can be mounted on any patient who is fit to get for regular braces. These braces do not require any extra attachment for holding the wire in place. The wire can straight away pass through the brackets making the treatment time shorter by a good six months or so. The healing process tends to be faster with these braces and is one of the easier ones to mount onto the teeth.
They are costing almost close to the cost of the lingual braces. These details are to give you a broad overview of the types of fixed braces available. Your orthodontist will be able to discuss the pros and cons of each after analysing the changes needed and desired. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
What is the cost of metal, metalceramic and all ceramic crown which is to be fitted on a root canal treated tooth ?
Proper brushing takes at least two minutes — that's right, 120 seconds! Most adults do not come close to brushing that long. To get a feel for the time involved, try using a stopwatch. To properly brush your teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gumline, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration. Concentrate on thoroughly cleaning each section as follows:
B1 Tilt the brush at a 45° angle against the gumline and sweep or roll the brush away from the gumline
B2Gently brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes.
B3Gently brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen breath.
Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
Clean the chewing surfaces
For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too
Frequency of brushing-
Studies have shown that brushing once a day in preschool settings, using a fluoride toothpaste will prevent cavities. Families should be encouraged to brush additional times at
home. Brushing before bedtime is especially important, in order to prevent plaque and food particles remaining in contact with the teeth throughout the night.
You should replace your toothbrush when it begins to show wear, or every three months, whichever comes first. It is also very important to change toothbrushes after you've had a cold, since the bristles can collect germs that can lead to reinfection.
Electric power brush-
PBRAn electric toothbrush is a toothbrush that uses electric power supplied usually by a battery to move the brush head rapidly, either oscillating side to side, or rotation-oscillation (where brush heads rotate in one direction and then the other).
ADVANTAGES OF AN ELECTRIC POWER BRUSH
7.Proven Long-Term Results
Flossing in addition to toothbrushing can reduce gingivitis and halitosis compared to toothbrushing alone.
FLOSDental floss is a bundle of thin filaments used to remove food and dental plaque from teeth. The floss is gently inserted between the teeth and scraped along the teeth sides, especially close to the gums or underneath them. Dental floss may be made of either plastic (nylon, PTFE or polyethylene) or silk, and can be flavored or unflavored, and waxed or unwaxed. An alternative tool to achieve the same effect is the interdental brush.
Advantages of flossing
ØProper flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot reach- under the gum-line and between the teeth.
ØDaily flossing is recommended because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
ØIt stimulates gums, polishes tooth surfaces, reduces gum bleeding and prevents gum disease.
Start with about 18 inches of floss, wind most of the floss around each middle finger, leaving an inch or two of floss to work with.
ØHold the floss tautly between your thumbs and index fingers, slide it gently up-and- down between your teeth.
ØGently curve the floss around the base of each tooth using a seesaw motion, making sure you go beneath the gum-line. Never snap or force the floss, as this may cut or bruise delicate gum tissue.
ØCurve the floss around the side of one tooth, forming a 'C' shape and rub the floss up and down to clean the tooth. Repeat the procedure in the opposite direction i.e. on the adjacent tooth.
ØUse clean sections of floss as you move from tooth to tooth.
ØTo remove the floss, use the same back-and-forth motion to bring the floss up and away from the teeth.
Floss holders are also available and can be used in the difficult to reach areas.
MWMouthwash or mouth rinse is a chemotherapeutic agent used as an effective home care system by the patient to enhance oral hygiene.
A mouthwash is a flavored liquid that people use to rinse out their mouths before or after brushing their teeth. Some individuals may also rinse with mouthwash between brushings, particularly after eating foods that may cause a person to have bad breath. Mouthwash typically emphasize the treatment and prevention of halitosis as one of the many benefits of mouthwash. Mouthwash can be effective at combating bad breath.
ØBacteria in the mouth can also cause foul-smelling breath. Many antiseptic mouthwash products claim to kill the germs that cause bad breath.
ØSome mouthwash products are designed to help heal sores or irritation after oral surgery.
Sir, my all d lower teeth which help in eating got rotten and l am not able to chew food properly due to this I got indigestion problem, all the food which I used to eat got passed down through stools, and I am feeling weak n unhealthy, pls advise me what to do?
For the past few months I have swelling inside my mouth in lower jaw and swelling in my face near to jaw and blood and pus is squeezing.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!