Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Abijith DasYour feedback matters!
If I am planning to become pregnant while using allegra (fexofenadine) Allegra is safe during pregnancy?
I'm 22years old. Unmarried. I have a problem in my periods. My period cycle was about 28days. My period days was about just 2days but the pain was quite unbearable. Actually What is my problem? What are the natural and home remedies for my problem.
We got recently married 2 weeks back, first night she had normal pain while penetrating into her and after some seconds pain was gone and she had normal sex and same process followed after, but last 2 days she has been experiencing acute pain throughout the sex, and as a result we started abstaining from sex. She is expecting her periods by 9th may. Kindly suggest.
I am 23 years old woman. I checked my pregnancy est n its confirmed positive. I met nearer gynecologist. And she also confirmed positive. My question is when she told me to do ultrasound it showed her 4 weeks pregnancy where as I was suppose to be 6 weeks because my last periods was on 14-7-16 with 32 days cycle. And now I am frighten that isn't my baby is not growing because she is injecting me one injection and told me that I have to take 5 after 1 1 week. I need your suggestion. Will be my baby healthy?
While sex is an important part of an adult’s life, it may also come with a number of problems for certain people. Sexual addiction is a problem faced by many and includes a wide range of behavioural patterns when it comes to sex and excessive indulgence in the same. This condition may impact the life of an individual in a significant and even debilitating manner. While many people may confuse this with mere addiction to porn, this is not true. Let us find out more.
Types of Sexual Addiction: There are a number of ways in which sexual addiction may be characterised. As mentioned above, it does not merely include addiction to pornography or any other aspect of sex. It may include an addiction of one or multiple aspects, which include pornography as well. The various forms of sexual addiction include pornography addiction, addiction to fantasy or masturbation, addiction to sadistic behaviour, addition to prostitution, and other excess sexual activities and pursuits like exhibitionism.
Symptoms and Signs: There are a number of physical and emotional symptoms and signs of this condition. The patients suffering from this condition may end up isolating or alienating their partners, which is one of the most common giveaways of this condition. They may also go from one relationship to another in no time at all, with multiple partners in many cases. Also, they will not really have healthy relationships with their partners because of their fantasy based perceptions when it comes to sex. The physical symptoms of this condition include falling prey to venereal diseases and infections on a frequent basis, as well as the exposure to unwanted pregnancy in at least 70% of the cases, as per many medical reports. Anxiety, depression and substance abuse are also some of the common outcomes of this kind of addiction.
Treatment: Sexual addiction and sexual dependency can be treated by first of all treating the physical manifestations of this condition and its symptoms like infections and other ailments. This will be done with the help of medication in most cases. Further, the patient will be put through CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy as well as other forms of sex therapy so that the evaluator or psychologist may find the root cause behind the condition.
This kind of therapy usually follows the route of exhaustive discussions in which the patient will be asked to talk about his or her emotions and problems. These will then be used in order to reprogram the attitude and thinking of the patient. In such cases, the patient will also be encouraged to invest time and effort in the emotional side of a committed relationship so that the dependency on sex may reduce. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'M suffering frm scoliosis n I get operated in 2014 is it ok for me nw to indulge in normal daily routine?
Hello. My friend want to prepared her periods. Please suggest some medicine to get periods with in 1 or 2 dayz.
My wife is 20-25 days pregnant. Till which month of pregnancy, it is "extremely safe" to have intercourse or please let me know if it is NOT at all advisable to have sex during pregnancy period. Also, is it beneficial or restricted to consume home made chicken, fish and eggs for pregnant women.
Hi, my wife is 38 years old and have two daughters (11 4 old F/M child). She is having pain in breast nipple point. After consulting the doctor she is taking B-LONG Tab 1 per day. She is thinking that have breast cancer. Can you please advice?
My penis does not stand. When I am with my wife, no sensation or no feeling of sex comes. Even since last 4 month, I never masturbated. Also no night fall or self discharge since last 4 month. I am newly married and suffering from diabetes. I have undergone check up of testosterone level and found 310. When I try to masturbate, penis stands after some more time. One more thing, when I fantasy with some other girl, it stands. But in normal cases, I do not have feeling of sex in my routing life.
My gynaecologist told that my sister is having 9x5x4 size uterus with chocolate cyst in right ovary of size 6x3x3. She have a baby of1 years old. Is there anything serious of uterus size n cyst.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.
Deficiency or loss of calcium and phosphorus in the bones among other minerals causes the bones to go weak. With passage of time, some people develop a bone condition where the bone mineral density (bmd) goes very low. This condition is called osteopenia and it is now a very common problem. When the bone density goes even below than what it is in osteopenia, then the person develops osteoporosis. Although it is not mandatory that whoever has osteopenia will end up with osteoporosis as well. Fact is, it is very difficult to notice the signs of osteopenia. Just like osteoporosis, it could be present in your body for years, before your find out that you got the problem. Although we call all weakness of bone as osteoporosis, weakness of bone due to deficiency of calcium and vitamin d are clinically called osteomalacia. To label it as osteoporosis, bone should be weak with a normal blood calcium and vitamin d levels.
The symptoms of osteopenia are:
1. Extreme pain when fracture: this condition doesn't cause any physical pain in normal life. The only time one will experience immense pain is, if there is a fracture in the bone. On the flipside, a lot of fractures occur because of osteoporosis.
2. Receding gums: this symptom is quite a surprise and one we don't usually imagine it to be. While receding gums could be the symptom for many problems, it is one of the symptoms of osteopenia.
3. Brittle nails: if you have weak and brittle fingernails, this is a direct indication of your bone health.
4. Shrinking with age: as we age, we tend to lose height. This happens to those with vertebral fractures and poor postures. In both the conditions, this could be a symptom of osteopenia.
5. Dehydration: in some very rare cases, extreme dehydration has been a silent cause. So if you are suffering from side effects of dehydration, keep a check on your bones too.
6. Pcos: irregular periods in women is also something that could be a symptom for many irregularities, but pcos can also lead to osteopenia as are eating disorder or over exercising.
Earliest symptoms of osteopenia is generalised tiredness, easy fatiguability and vague body or joint pain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.