Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek MangeshikarYour feedback matters!
My aunt was pregnant in her old age and she want to abort that child. What are the natural methods for abortion naturally?
I had sex with my girlfriend on 16 July and on 18 July her periods start is there any chance of pregnancy now please tell Mr. thanks.
Doctor, I sometimes face irregular vaginal bleeding even when periods are properly over. What could be the possible reasons & preventive measures. Thanks.
To soothe stiff and painful joints in your hands, apply mineral oil to your hands, put on rubber dish washing gloves, and place your hands in hot tap water for 5 to 10 minutes.
I am 2 month pregnant. This is my second pregnancy. My first pregnancy was premature. Will my second one will b same?
32 years old female trying to conceive. On 35 th day signs of pregnancy are there-nauseating, tiredness, mild cramping in lower abdomen etc but prega news test negative on 35 th day. Seeking advice? Further if there is actually any pregnancy is there any medicine to sustain that?
I had my period on 22/9/2016 and again on 20/10/2016 but this month blood flow was less, was it normal to happen like that?
Around 2 weeks back at the time of bathing my friend noticed some white liquid is in her nipple. Now she is suffering from very high fever. But with in 17 days her periods is also started. Is there anything wrong or just the side effects of the medicines?
Does a daily physical relation with a guy since age of 16 without protection can lead to pregnancy problems after her marriage and baby.
A. Nutrition deserves special attention during pregnancy because of increased demand and specific role of different nutrients for the baby during pregnancy.
B. A woman whose diet is adequate before pregnancy is usually able to come out with full term pregnancy
Without elaborate modifications of her diet and lifestyle. For example, in diabetes, incidence of structural defects can be reduced to nil by bringing the blood glucose level under good control couple of months before conceiving.
C. Maternal nutrition taken during pregnancy are very important in supporting breastfeeding. Breast milk is best and complete food for baby during first four months as it also provides antibodies for protection against many infections.
D. Undernourished mothers are prone to delivery before nine months.
So, take good care of your health during pregnancy.
It is necessary that you detoxify your body after regular intervals because with detoxification, you not just remove the dangerous toxins from your body but also increase the vitality of your body.
In Ayurveda, all natural ingredients are used for detoxification. Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana. The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest is massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory.
- Abhyanga: It is a combination of long strokes and synchronized soothing that helps in re-storing balance, harmony and composure in the body. Your body is massaged with oil in seven different positions and the type of oil is chosen based on the body equilibrium. It stimulates healing at a micro-cellular level as the oils get absorbed in the intra-follicular and intra-dermal layers of the skin. It helps you to steer clear of tiredness and enhances immunity and sleep. It cures psychological imbalances and fosters flexibility in the joints and muscles, thus rendering softness to the skin glands.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Kati Vasti: This is a form of sudation therapy (procedure to induce sweat without the use of heat) that helps to ease lower back pain caused due to inter-vertebral inflammation. Vasti is two types Niruha vast that is vasti with medicated decotion and other is Anuvasana vasti that is vasti with medicated oil. Like other therapy vasti has also pretherapeutic and post therapeutic technique. Pretherapeutic includes snehana lubrication internally and externally and also swedana sweat therapy.these poorvakarma help in loosening and liquefying the toxins accumulated in cells and get collected in colon. After the application of herbal medicines this toxins collected in colon is eliminated out.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility.
It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
Have you been trying hard to conceive, but in vain. Then here are 3 things you can do increase your chance of getting pregnant:
- Keeping track of the ovulation period: Even though regular sex throughout the month is advised, it is certainly more fruitful to know your cycle. You can only get pregnant when the sperm meets the egg, and the egg is only released around the 14th day in your cycle. This egg lives only for a day or two, so you have a limited window when you can actually get pregnant. Typically this window is approximately of 6 days, so it's best to have sex in this period. But it's important not get obsessive and put too much pressure to have sex on these days as the stress can reduce sperm quality. So be mindful of it and still enjoy the activity rather than being obsessive. There are several free apps that you can download to help you track your cycle.
- Have missionary sex at least once every 2-3 days: The key is to have regular unprotected sex for over a year. The success rate for this is 84%. It is advised that you have sex every two to three days in every month of the year, and it's not necessary to stick to only those days for having sex when the woman is ovulating. Further, a spiced up sex life can increase your chances of the girl getting pregnant. As for the position, the missionary position works best as it helps the sperm on travelling through the cervix, which in any other position proves to be difficult. You can make the path of the sperm even easier by placing a cushion under the woman as it tilts the uterus, allowing the sperm to travel through more easily.
- Try de-stressing: Psychological preparedness is as important as physical preparedness to maximise your chances of getting pregnant. These days couples lead very hectic and stressful lifestyles in which trying to get pregnant can only add to their stress levels. Increased stress lowers egg passage in women. Besides, trying too hard to get pregnant and the stress that it creates is the reason behind 30% of all infertility problems. In such cases, destressing by exercising, yoga, meditation or acupuncture is a good idea.