Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek KulkarniYour feedback matters!
A missing tooth can be responsible for causing different health issues. Along with these, a person loses his ability of chewing with missing teeth, develop problems related to speaking and his overall facial appearance also gets affected.
In case of a missing tooth or several missing teeth, it is best advised to get dentures fitted. Dentures are false teeth, which are fitted in the oral cavity in place of lost natural teeth.
Here are several reasons why it is important to fill up a missing tooth:
- Shifting of tooth: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth start drifting or moving in the open gap where the lost tooth used to be. The surrounding teeth are shifted out of the alignment. This affects the appearance of your face, and your teeth seem crooked and misplaced. It is necessary to replace a missing tooth with dentures in order to restrict the shifting before it is too late.
- TMJ Syndrome: After a tooth is lost and the surrounding teeth start shifting, the alignment is changed. This gives rise to problems with biting and creates issues with the jaws. The upper jaw and the lower jaw fail to meet correctly, and this causes strain and damage to the jaw joint. This phenomenon is called TMJ syndrome.
- Decay of tooth and gum diseases: After the shifting of surrounding teeth when a tooth is lost, the teeth alignment changes. This makes it difficult for a person to reach several areas in the gum with a toothbrush or floss. This makes plaque and bacteria accumulate in that area and they cannot be reached or cleaned. Tooth decay and gum diseases or periodontal diseases that are likely to affect those spots. These diseases and disorders cause further tooth loss.
- Alteration in facial appearance: A missing tooth should be replaced properly and a dentist must make sure that the root of the missing tooth is removed. In case the root is not removed totally, bone deterioration is likely to occur. Bone loss occurs in the jaw area, and this may result in a change or alteration in your facial appearance. A timely replacement of a missing tooth will prohibit bone loss from the jaw area, and you will be saved from any kind of alteration in your facial appearance, which might affect your looks and self-esteem greatly.
A missing tooth should never be ignored and in case you lose a tooth, you should see a dentist as soon as possible. By filling up a missing tooth, you will be able to save yourself from several issues related to the mouth and gums.
Hello, Good afternoon. I am Dr Shilpa Nayak. I am a paediatrician with special interest in Asthma and allergy related disorders.
asthma is a major cause of school absenteeism and hospital admission in children between the age of 5- 18 years of age. Over 6 million children over the world are suffering from Asthma. So, today I am going to talk about childhood Asthma.
Common symptoms of Asthma are a recurrent cough, recurrent cold, wheeze, restlessness, chest tightness, cold that straight go to a chest and night cough. So, if your child is suffering from any such symptoms, then you should visit your physician for Asthma evaluation.
What causes Asthma?
Asthma is caused due to the swelling of the air way response to inhalation of the indoor and outdoor allergens. For example, dust mites, pollen, molds, animal dander and insects like cockroaches.
In case of acute asthma attacks, the muscle surrounding the air way get tighten and less air is passed through the lungs.
A physician can help you by conducting different tests. For example, Spirometry or lung function test if your child is 5 years and above and is co operative.
An allergy test is done to find out the allergen that your child is allergic to. And later allergen avoidance help in reducing the frequency and severity of the Asthma symptoms. The doctor may advise for a blood test or X-Ray of the chest if indicated.
So asthma management includes Allergen avoidance, in which the allergen that has been diagnosed by allergic trick testing should be avoided completely.
Pharmacotherapy includes the preventer medicines and the rescue medicines.
Preventer medicines are given as the long term medicines for Asthma, whereas Rescue medicines are provided at the time of a severe attack. Besides this, your doctor will give you Asthma Action Plan and Peak flow meter to monitor the symptoms.
Reduction of stress and breathing exercises indirectly help in Asthma management.
So with the help, proper care and with the proper medication, your child can live a normal and healthy life.
For more information, you can contact me via lybrate.com
We have 2.3 yrs old son. My son sucks breast now. She feels pain in her breast. And when touch in her breast she feel something granules inside her breast. So we are worried about for that. Please advise me.
- Prevention is better than cure as we all know, few tips eat plenty of fruits and vegetables organic as much as possible,
- Eat only fresh food avoid processed food and bakery products as they contain harmful food additives, avoid red meat if possible, sleep well minimum 6 hrs a day, avoid cold food if allergic,
- Do not use mosquito coils, liquid, do not smoke.
- Exercise daily as much as possible
Hi Doctor I got blesses with a baby girl on 6th may by caesarean. Both baby and mother are healthy. May I know when the baby can take bath.
In pediatrics, we often say “children are not little adults” but in the case of the common cold, they really are. They have the same symptoms, runny nose, red-rimmed eyes, cough and they just FEEL YUCKY! With those symptoms most babies are fussier than usual and don’t sleep well at night, which is just like an adult with a cold (or maybe just me). for an infant, they are usually up and down all night, don’t feed as well, and just want to be held a little more.
When an infant gets a cold it is not uncommon for them to run a fever along with the cold symptoms. This usually only lasts a day or two and then resolves, but the other common cold symptoms may last from seven to 10 days.
With a cold they may not want to nurse or drink their bottle as well as they have a hard time breathing and sucking. This leads to a cranky baby, who may take less with each feeding, but will need to eat more often.
It is important to make sure that they stay hydrated. fluids are the most important thing. If your baby is having difficulty taking the bottle or latching on due to the congestion , you could feed with a katori spoon or a paladey with gaps in between . small frequent feeds will do the job.
Place the tip of the bulb syringe inside the baby’s nostril to remove mucous and help them breath and eat. You may also use a little salt water nose drops to squirt up their nose to help the mucous come out.
It also helps to get a mist humidifier to place in the room at night to help put some moisture in the air while the heat is running and the air is dry. The mist will also help alleviate some of the thicker mucous and also help the cough that accompanies the cold.
The most important thing to watch for is any sign of respiratory distress. A child’s breathing may “sound noisy” but it is important once again to look at their chest to make sure that they are not using those muscles between the ribs and “pulling” when they are breathing.
Coughs are also protective in that they help move mucous and keep the airway clear to prevent pneumonia. Lastly, your child should look a little better after the first several days of their cold. They should not develop fever later in the cold, and if they do it would be worth a pediatrician visit to check their ears. Not every baby with a cold gets an ear infection and they usually develop after they have had several days of cold symptoms, and not on the first day of a cold.
That’s your daily dose, stay tuned to my next update on your baby's health tips .Send in your questions or comments to babiesandmom.com !
Stay happy and stay healthy !
Dr Gorika's Children's Medical center
Our motto at GCMC is to "Treat every child as if you are treating your own child" This is one such destination where we assure perfect health for your little one. "We care for your newly born till they're eighteen"
My daughter is seven and she gets cold attack every night her nose gets blocked and she freaks out as it becomes very uncomfortable for her to breathe. She doesnotven have cold in a days times that affects her.
I have a son who is just born and 20 days old. I have heard about which milk so I want to ask that is it compulsory to remove milk from her chest? As our grandmother says it is necessary to remove other which he will develop breast. So I wanted to know it is compulsory to remove from baby boy?
My son who will turn five in December has eye allergy from the last one year. He is on homeopathy medicine from the last six months. Condition is under control but not completely cured. He had itching in his eyes particularly in morning. And white semi liquid discharge earlier. Please advise.
Stomach pain in kids is among the most common reasons parents
takes their children to doctors or hospitals for treatment.
Most of the times the pain is not so serious and get cured in few hours or two-three days. But in some cases a proper treatment is required if it is recurring again and again.
Stomach pain in kids like adults can occur due to a variety of reasons. Evaluation of stomach pain is difficult for both parent & physician.
Diagnosing such pain involves checking different symptoms your child is going through.
Correct medical attention, as well as preventive measures, can help in preventing not just pain, but also other possible diseases and damages to the gut.
Causes of stomach pain in Kids
Like adults, Stomach pain in kids can be caused due to variety of reasons. Causes of stomach pain in children may differ from normal to dangerous with a little difference in symptoms.
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Eating excess food
- Bad bowel movements
- Medical causes
Bowel cleanse detoxify your body and removes all viruses and toxins from stomach.
This not only cleans your body but also cures the stomach diseases like constipation, gastritis, diarrhea.
My son's urine always trace albumin this is normally other wise this is a serious matter and what can I do for it?
My daughter is 9 month old. She doesn't crawl at this point. Is she responding late in crawling or is it there any problem in her legs?
Hi, I am 9 year old male child having problem of night sweating as well as my underwear is wet with urine in day, some stool in underwear in day, taking bath with very hot water and smell in my urine also suggest me the reason/causes for all these things as well as course of treatment.
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.