Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek KulkarniYour feedback matters!
My daughter was 7 months 2 weeks old. Her weight was 5.5 kgs ,she was thin n unable to stand her activity was gud, she was active I was worrying about it I was feeding rice n cerelac to my baby can you please tell me any problem with my baby's health n tips for my baby gaining weight.
I àm 35 male and my baby in 13 weeks old. I want to ask can I give water to my baby or after how many months I can give him cerelac.
Meri Beti 15 years old he or uske hair me bhot lice par gai he me pareshan ho gai hu pls koi idea bataiye.
My 8 months old baby want to be held always and very clingy and fussy most of the time don't show interest in toys more than 10 mins and love to be outdoor got examined with doctors all says he is perfectly normal but I am worried.
My daughter is 4 weeks old. We used to feed her cow milk but after 3 weeks we switched to Lactogen1. For last 2 days she's vomiting frequently and passing gas. Please suggest if we should feed COW MILK or What? Thank you. God bless.
I was sincere student till 12th then in college I cannot focus on studies and always tend to postpone important task and if I concentrate too long I feel mentally tired. I always procrastinating and now I want to study but I can not. I think I have adultAdHD even at day before exam I cannot concentrate and do other things. I also have other adhd symptoms like fidgeting and cannot sit at one place. Due to this I feel guilty and anxious about exam and daily when I cannot study, Its like I want to study but I can't. I feel anxiety and guilty when I cannot study for exams and also daily as I am wasting weeks. I also have other symptoms of ADHD like fidgeting and cannot sit at a place. I also cannot socialise at all and I don't like to. Its like I want to study by isolating myself but I can't.
Hello Dr. my son is 9 years old is suffering from bed wetting problems but only in night. I scolds him sometimes but he is not overcoming from this problem till now. What should I do please help and reply. Regards.
My baby daughter (1 years 10 months old) doesn't eat and drink anything except milk. A few months earlier she used to eat rice, vegetables, fish, egg, fruits but suddenly stopped eating. When I force her to eat she cries her lungs out. I am really concerned about her health. Please help me out. Thanks.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.