Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Abhishek DixitYour feedback matters!
I am suffering a long time from gas, acidity, vomiting and dizziness. After testing found fatty lever, high triglyceride, and high uric acid. I am working in computer minimum 8 hours per day. I also feel senseless little finger in both hands. Please suggest how to control these problem.
Varicose veins are known to be a very common problem, which result in the inflammation of veins in the body. Veins are the blood vessels, which are responsible for the transfer of deoxygenated blood from the different parts of the body to the heart. Because the blood does not contain oxygen, it has a bluish tinge. As a result varicose veins are most likely to appear bluish when swollen.
This condition is quite common in old people and some are even likely to develop slight ulcers in the vein.
Homeopathic treatment for varicose veins
Certain Homeopathic drugs are said to work wonders for this condition, as they not only offer pain relief, but also make the veins more elastic. This helps with effective circulation and thus, the swelling reduces. The following is a list of some homeopathic medicines that work best to cure varicose veins.
- Hamamelis: It is known to be the best cure for varicose veins. It effectively stops any sort of bleeding from the veins. It also offers relief from pain and from a sensation of heaviness of the legs.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is greatly recommended for women who develop varicose veins during the course of their pregnancy. It immediately does away with the pain. The medicine especially works well for swollen veins of the legs and the hands. Application of a cold pack also helps relieve the pain and reduce swelling.
- Calcarea: It is generally recommended to patients who have varicose veins, but do not suffer from any pain. In case the patient feels chilly and suffers from various other symptoms like some sort of burning sensation in the veins or cold hand and feet, calcarea is a good cure.
- Graphites: It is known to be a great cure for varicose veins that is accompanied with some amount of itching and cramping.
- Arnica: This homeopathic medicine effectively deals with varicose veins accompanied with symptoms like soreness and bruising.
Good morning, sir I want to know that what is the symptoms of typhoid and what is the cure of this disease. Please reply fast.
Pre employment medical test done last week. In urine routine check up. Epithelial cells detected 10-15/hpf. Deposits present, pus cells 10-12/hpf. Are there any chances that I'll be declared unfit on this grounds Cause rest all other reports are normal.
Actually my head is paining too much on back side. Actually I had an accident four months ago and had pain but I didn't pay attention. And that pain was just for 2 days but now the pain is continuous and is not getting reduced. You please tell me the pain is for what reason?
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will Focus on Food and Healthy Diet to complement Muscle Building.
Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Here are some foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
We all have heard that nonvegetarian food is a great source of protein. That, while true, is half information. as a majority of Indians are vegetarians, I would like to share vegetarian foods which are as good protein sources as non-vegetarian food
- Paneer - Its full of protein and good carbs. Paneer contains high amounts of casein that builds muscle mass while providing your body with its daily intake of protein. It also contains high amounts of calcium that helps you build stronger bones.
- Peanut butter - Just two spoons of the butter can have you set you for the day with 8gms of protein that keeps muscle breakdown at bay.
- Almonds - They contain more protein than an egg and are also a great source of Vitamin B2 that produces oxygen-based energy in the body and Vitamin E that ensures supple skin.
- Soy milk - This is a good source of protein for those who suffer from lactose intolerance or dislike dairy milk. A glass of soy milk contains 6 to 10 gms of protein which is enough to give you a protein boost and jump start your day.
- Kidney beans - A single helping of kidney beans has 13 to15 grams of protein and is a great replacement for meat since it can provide ample protein to the body that promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Quinoa - 8g per 1 cup (cooked) Pronounced KEEN-WAH, this wonder grain is not only high in protein but also low in cholesterol and a good source of iron and fiber.
- Pumpkin Seeds - 7g per 1 oz. Also known as pepitas, pumpkin seeds are a great grab-and-go snack or topping for salads and soups.
- Dried Beans - 12g per 1 cup (black beans).Dried black beans, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, and pinto beans are all delicious choices for low-fat, fiber-filled protein. Using dried beans allows you to control the sodium and additives that go into the dish.
- Greek Yogurt - 15g per 6-oz container. Greek yogurt packs as much as double the protein as regular yogurt. It's also thick, filling, tart, and less sweet than some regular varieties, all while staying in the low-calorie range.
I have stomach pain at right side of stomach what is the reason for that please suggest? What should I do for that?
My wife, aged 56 years, is suffering from sciatica pain for almost two years now. Though consulted orthopedic and neurologist, yet have found no relief. Kindly advise.
I am 36 year old, and I have piles problem from last 10 year, please suggest us regarding this problem.
I HAVE FRACTURE IN LOWER THIRD OF RIGHT femur WHICH WAS FIXED WITH PLATE AND SCREW ON 22.7.2016. NOW I HAVE STARTED WALKING WITH PARTIAL WEIGHT BEARING ON THE LIMB WITH THE HELP OF WALKER. KNEE BENDING EXERCISE AS WELL AS MUSCLE STRENGTHENING EXERCISE HAS ALSO BEEN STARTED BY PHYSIOTHERAPIST. IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF NONUNION AT THIS STAGE. BY WHAT TIME THE BONE WILL HEAL PROPERLY.
I am suffering from leg pain daily during night can you suggest wat could be done sometime whole body pain.
I am 18 years old male. I am having troubles urinating. I feel the urge to urinate frequently, and it pains while urinating. Also, I believe a little blood too comes out with the urine as the color is reddish. It's been 2 days, and the problem seems to be increasing. Thank you in advance.
Im 27 year old male and my penis skin is not completely opened from the topmost part. Due to this it does not get tightens completely and it does not get inserted a vagina. Please provide solution.
Eating less at night may make next day easier
Health tip: care for your mattress
Insomniacs may be more sensitive to pain
Sleep apnea treatment may help lower diabetes risk
Sleepwalking parents have sleepwalking kids
Want more news? sign up for medicinenet newsletters!
Monday, june 8, 2015 (healthday news) -- concentration and attention problems caused by sleep deprivation might be eased by eating less late at night, according to a new study.
The research included 44 volunteers, aged 21 to 50. For three days, they were given unlimited access to food and drink during the day. But they were only allowed to sleep four hours a night.
" adults consume approximately 500 additional calories during late-night hours when they are sleep-restricted" senior author david dinges, director of the unit for experimental psychiatry and chief of the division of sleep and chronobiology at the university of pennsylvania in philadelphia, said in a university news release.
On the fourth night, about half of the participants continued to have unlimited access to food and drink. The other half were restricted to water from 10 p. M. Until they went to sleep at 4 a. M.
At 2 a. M. On each of the four nights, the participants underwent tests to measure their memory, thinking skills, sleepiness, stress level and mood.
On the fourth night of sleep restriction, those who fasted had better reaction times and fewer attention lapses than those who ate, the findings showed.
Also on the fourth night, those who ate had much slower reaction times and more attention lapses compared to the first three nights. The people who fasted didn't show a decrease in performance, the investigators found.
The study was scheduled to be presented this week at the annual meeting of the associated professional sleep societies in seattle. Findings presented at meetings are generally viewed as preliminary until they've been published in a peer-reviewed journal.
In another study to be presented at the meeting, the same team of researchers found that adults with chronic lack of sleep have a reduced metabolism. The researchers suggested that people may need to compensate for this loss of calorie-burning power by increasing their physical activity levels or reducing their calorie intake to prevent weight gain after sleep deprivation.
This study included 36 healthy adults aged 21 to 50. Their resting metabolic rates -- how much energy their bodies use when relaxed -- was measured after normal nights of sleep, and after five nights of sleeping just four hours a night.
Resting metabolism decreased after sleep deprivation, the study found. The good news is that it returned to normal after a night of recovery sleep, according to the study.
" short sleep duration is a significant risk factor for weight gain and obesity, particularly in african americans and men" study senior author namni goel, a research associate professor of psychology in psychiatry at the university of pennsylvania, said in the news release.