Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit JadhavYour feedback matters!
To reduce cough which medicine should be used, and to reduce ody tumors in stomach which medicine should be used.
Hi Dr. I felt some pain in my anus yesterday while pushing myself for any action just like getting off from bed or going to stand whatever. Today the pain is not much as yesterday but I have been feeling as there is something heavy in anus. I tried to figure out any physical pain by touching but could not find any point. Please suggest if this is a normal issue or can lead to a serious one. Also suggest some prevention. Thanks.
Hi sir, I am having burning sensation in lungs after eating food. May I know what will be the reason.
Spotting brownish blood and abdominal pain after 7 days of taking ipill. The withdrawal of blood with whitish thing is just a drop. What should I do? It's been 3 days I'm suffering from it. Is it normal or it can be implantation bleeding? Please do reply. What shall I do? How long it's gonna be last?
Sir I have some pain and etching in my bum in center, and some pees of meat is abstract what I do sir.
Sir, I occasionally have pain inside anus once in two or three months. I am facing this problem from last 10 years. Already consulted many doctors. Some of them said I have fissure, but when x rayed my back they found that I have 1st type of coccyx. I feel intense pain in my anus increasing slowly and I sweat a lot as well as my mouth vet dried. Sometimes I faint after that pain goes away. Please help me or suggest me a possible way to get rid of this problem.
Hello dr, Mujhe stomach prblm jaldi ho jati hai. Gas acidity. Medicn khane par bhi stomach prblm ho jati hai. Maine suna hai ki blood group O walo ko stomach acid jayada banta hai. Kya ye sach hai? Kya diet honi chahiye ki stomach acid na bane. Thanks in advance.
I'm 52 year oid read in one of the paper about 30 years back that lying on left side is good for digestion and have been do so since then. But I have become habitual and lying on back or right side causes a lots of acidity problem and burning sensation in chest. Please advise. Thanks.
I am 25 years male. Working as a web developer. From three days I getting pain at upper-right and left portion of the abdominal, lower-left and right portion of the abdominal. I am not understand what happened to me. Please tell me what is the reason for I getting this pain. How I recover from this pain. Tell me any medicines for recover from this pain.
I'm 20 year old young man. I have stomach ache when ever I eat heavy food. I think I have gas problem what can I do?
Sir. I am getting frequent mouth ulcers since 2004. After using some medicines i am getting relief but. Then again i am getting ulcers. Those are much painful and swollen. What can I do sir.
One should drink water half an hour before food or half an hour after taking food would solve all acidity and heart burn problems
My LFT test results are SGOT - 40. 50U/L and SGPT - 50.51 U/L. Is this the symptom of Liver Damage? Can it be cured by medicine? While LDL - 185 Total cholesterol- 229 Triglyceride - 260 Non HDL cholesterol - 183.8 Is my lipid is badly affected by Liver Problems. My age is 51 Years.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder, which generally affects the colon (large intestine). It usually show symptoms like abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhea, gas and constipation. IBS is a long term condition. It can result in sudden mood swings, depression and thus, holds you back from living your life to the fullest. IBS can be controlled by managing lifestyle, stress and managing your diet. Medication and counseling could also be required to manage IBS.
Symptoms of IBS:
1. Immense cramping and pain.
2. A feeling that your belly is bloated all the time
3. Severe gas
4. Alternating and sudden bouts of constipation and diarrhea.
5. Presence of mucus in the feces.
Whenever you experience such kind of symptoms, it is always advisable that you must consult a doctor, so that it doesn't lead to a serious condition.
When should you consult a doctor for IBS?
IBS is not a chronic disorder and can be controlled by home remedies. It may also require medical treatment if the symptoms become acute and persist for too long. If you experience certain symptoms like rectal bleeding, weight loss and heavy abdominal pain that might increase at night, you may be at a risk for colon cancer. If such symptoms persist, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible.
Causes of IBS:
- Foods: Most people are susceptible to IBS if they consume foods like spices, fats, fruits, cabbage, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carbonated beverage, milk or alcohol. These foods irritate the lining of the stomach and trigger IBS. However, the trigger may vary from person to person.
- Stress: Signs and symptoms of IBS can also increase if you are very stressed out. Stress makes your muscles too worked up and this may result in IBS. However, you should know that stress aggravates or triggers the symptoms but doesn’t cause IBS.
- Hormones: Women are more likely to develop IBS. Fluctuations in the hormonal cycle can trigger IBS. This usually occurs around or during menstruation.
- Other illnesses: Sometimes illness such as gastroenteritis (infectious diarrhea) or bacterial overgrowth in the intestines can trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Age: You will be more likely to develop IBS if you are 45 years of age or above.
- Hereditary: People having a family history of IBS are more susceptible to develop IBS.
- Mental problems: Depression, personality disorder, anxiety and a history of sexual abuse can also trigger symptoms of IBS.