Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit JadhavYour feedback matters!
I am a 50 years old man. I am facing gastric and indigestion and constipation issues regularly. What should I do? please advice.
I am facing colitis problem regular. I am diabetic also. Earlier I took mother tincture of Kurchi. But when I stop this medicine I face again problem.
Sir, I had a dense sludge in gall bladder. Is the operation only way for it or it can cured with medicine?
I am having blood in my stool. Initially I was diagnosed with fissure. But later I have done sigmoidoscopy. Its came that I am having heamarhoid. Please sugest what should I eat.
The production of gas in the body is a natural process as long as it is within normal limits. Whether it makes you burp or causes flatulence, excessive gas can be embarrassing. Gas can also make you uncomfortable and cause bloating. This is simply the buildup of excessive gas in the stomach before it is ready to be released. Here are a few simple tips that can help you prevent the buildup of excessive gas.
- Avoid eating gaseous foods: Beans, broccoli, milk, cheese and fruits like pears and apples; these are some of the foods to avoid if you suffer from frequent bouts of gaseousness. This is because they contain fiber and sugar that is difficult to digest and creates gas. If you cannot avoid them completely, try steaming them instead of frying or baking them. Some people may also react to certain food combinations such as fruits and proteins by producing gas. Keeping a food diary may help identify such combinations.
- Drink a glass of water before meals: Drinking water while you are eating can hinder digestion. When water mixes with solid food, it interferes with the way stomach acid breaks down food. Instead, drink a glass of water half an hour before your meals. In this way, the water flushes your system and prepares it for the digestion process.
- Eat slowly: Grabbing a bite on the go is one of the leading causes of indigestion. When you eat anything, ensure that you chew it properly and do not swallow large bites of food. This prevents air from collecting in your stomach and thus prevents gaseousness.
- Probiotics: Probiotics boost the production of ‘good gut bacteria’ that is essential for digestion. Probiotics can also help ease bloating. If you suffer from gas, try including probiotics like yogurt, pickles, kimchi and buttermilk in your diet or get yourself a probiotic supplement.
- A cup of chamomile tea: Chamomile not only calms the body but can also fight indigestion and gas. A cup of chamomile tea after a heavy meal helps speed up the digestion process. This helps relieve bloating, as the faster the stomach is emptied, the faster gas can move out of the stomach and into the intestines. Fennel, dill, peppermint and ginger can also be used as alternatives to chamomile.
- Digestive aids: Gas is a fairly common problem faced by a number of people and hence digestive aids are easily available over the counter. Look for medication that contains activated charcoal or digestive enzymes.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
My name is kumar. My age is 53. I am not able to digest food very often. I have tried many medicines but I can't able to digest. Please help.
I am type 1 diabetic; having stone in left kidney; infection in stomach, gas problem, piles with Fisher, cervical and gape in l4 nd l5 nd pains in feet too much. Please advice what should i do ?
Past one year I get this problem. Blood is red in color In stool. I cannot eat spicy food, for past 3months I am eating only curd rice.
Treat Anal Fissure Using Homeopathy
The first effortless and urgent task after you wake up is freshening up. But just imagine if passing stool becomes a painful exercise? In fact, a regular difficulty can turn into a traumatic experience. You can treat anal fissure using homeopathy. It is basically a tear or cut in the skin lining inside the anus which causes pain and/or bleeding in the patient. Anal Fissure can be caused by the passage of hard, long stool due to constipation. In case of women, it may happen after a normal delivery of a child.
Treat Anal Fissure Using Homeopathy Medication:
Allopathic treatment suggests oral pain relief medicines or stool softeners, topical ointments relieving some symptoms. But they in reality just suppress the problem for a short period and do not cure it completely. In worst case scenarios, a physician would advise a surgery as an only option for treating an anal fissure. But our answer is No. Anal fissure has an excellent treatment with homeopathy. Don't think of surgery unless you have tried homeopathic medicines for a fair period of time. These medicines are made out of natural substances and have zero side effects and could be very beneficial in providing relief in anal fissures.
But the question that might be arising in your mind is how homeopathy can avoid surgery. Actually in a surgery, some muscles surrounding the anus are cut which helps in reducing anal spasms. But according to homeopathy, this can be achieved without a surgery and using a knife.This holistic treatment works by using one's own restorative processes and is safe. Medicines are selected based upon patient's particular symptoms and many other factors using a holistic approach. The aim of this medication is not only to treat the fissure but to also cure its underlying or root cause.
Homeopathic medicines facilitate healing in the patient, improve the blood circulation in the affected areas and relieve the pain and prevent further infection. The medication also takes care of the root cause, that is, constipation or weak digestive system and cures all underlying symptoms.
So what can be expected with homeopathic treatment?
According to studies and data, this treatment has been effective in curing more than 80% of the patients of anal fissures. Most of the patients start showing improvement in about 3 to 6 weeks but some might need a longer course. There are many remedies which can provide relief but it's always wise to consult an experienced physician who can study your case, symptoms, and complete case history and provide medication.