Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit Desai
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit DesaiYour feedback matters!
Many people who have psoriasis also experience changes in their fingernails or toenails. There are several treatments that can help.Nail psoriasis is the term for the changes in your fingernails and toenails that occur as a result of having psoriasis. It is generally believed that up to half of all people who have psoriasis will have nail psoriasis as well. While it's not a life-threatening condition, nail psoriasis can affect your quality of life, since it may cause you discomfort and affect your self-esteem, and it may also put you at greater risk of developing psoriatic arthritis. nail psoriasis can be helped with treatment.
How Psoriasis Affects the Nails:
Nail psoriasis occurs because psoriasis affects the process of nail formation. People who have nail psoriasis usually have psoriasis on other parts of their body, such as the skin and joints. Rarely does someone have only psoriasis of the nails.
Symptoms of nail psoriasis vary but may include:
- Discoloration of the nail to yellow brown
- Pitting (holes) in the surface of the nails
- Horizontal lines across the nails
- White patches on the nails
- Thickening of the nails
- Nails that separate from the nail bed
- Nail Psoriasis Treatment Options
Your treatment will depend on the type of nail psoriasis you have and how severe it is. If you have psoriasis that affects other parts of your body, their treatments will help your nail psoriasis.
In addition to treatment for nail psoriasis, there are other ways to take care of your nails:
- Keep your nails trimmed as short as possible.
- Wear gloves when you're working with your hands.
- Wear shoes with plenty of room in them.
- Avoid scrubbing or scraping underneath your nails.
- Use gentle nail cleaning tools.
- Soak your nails in tar bath oil mixed with water, then apply nail moisturizer.
- If your nails are intact, consider using a nail hardener to improve their appearance.
- Taking good care of your nails can minimize the effects of psoriasis associated nail changes.
Hair transplant surgery is the technique wherein hair is taken out from other parts of your body and grafted on the scalp to treat baldness. Basically, these are such hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding; therefore, they serve as a permanent treatment for hair loss.
Hair loss in men and women:
- Male pattern baldness (Androgenic alopecia): Androgenic alopecia is a condition which is characterized by a gradual receding hairline, especially along the temples. This is caused due to the testosterone hormone being converted into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes shrinking of the hair follicles. If you are affected by male pattern baldness, then you may opt for a hair transplant surgery.
- Female pattern baldness: Females may also be affected by baldness which is characterized by loss of hair from the top of the head and gradual thinning of hair. It may lead to self-esteem issues; so opting for a hair transplant surgery is recommended.
Popular Hair Loss Treatments:
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): FUE is a hair transplant procedure, in which the hair transplant physicians extract each hair follicle directly from the scalp. It is done randomly and it results in lower density of hair in the donor area which is not noticeable in most cases.
- Pain Management: In FUE, stitches are unnecessary and there is no existence of any linear scar, so healing time is short and there is almost non-existent post procedural discomfort.
- Scarring: There is no linear scarring as such in FUE but there are 1mm in diameter or less puncture marks which heal by themselves within 3 to 7 days.
Follicular Unit Transplant - Follicular Unit Transplant or FUT is the procedure of transplanting your hair by removal of a small strip of tissue from the back of your head. Hair follicles are extracted from there for further use. FUT is recommended in cases of advanced hair loss. FUT also recommended as in most cases, your physician will be able to deliver results which meet your expectations.
- Pain Management: FUT procedure can cause some pain as swelling may occur in the region from where the tissue has been extracted. Suitable medication can be prescribed by your physician in case the pain persists.
- Scarring: Opting for a FUT procedure results in a very thin linear scar in the donor region. The scar is very much concealable as it is visible only if you opt for the shortest haircut styles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir can you please tell me which kind of moisturizer I can use for healthy skin please tell me the product name.
My problem is related with my skin. Below my knees my legs are having black spots as blood clotting are there. What should I do?
Change in your lifestyle plays a major role to combat hairfall
Drink 8 glasses of water in a day and 7 hours of sound sleep is beneficial for reducing hairfall.
Cleansing of your hair twice a week
If Dandruff persist buy Looks Forever Scalp Cleanser (For Best Results- Apply Once Daily)
Oiling is prohibited if Dandruff persist and hair-fall