Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit B Durge
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit B DurgeYour feedback matters!
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a 50 year old male. Our family has a history of asthma. sometimes i feel acute suffocation while travelling in the train. I do not want to start puff or nebulizer, instead i want to buy a portable oxygen concentrator. Please suggest me a good model buyable online or in Delhi. Thanks and Regards
I had a mild seizure when I was very young may be 5years old, doctor told my parents not to worry, so no medicine was taken. Later in my early teens also I had mild seizures a couple of times, we consulted some doctors and took medicine. Later when I was 16 years old, once when I had fever I attended college and in the class room I had a seizure. Then we consulted a senior specialist and since then I had no seizure in last six years. My doctor gave a combination of two different tablets initially for a couple of years and later started prescribing leviteracetam. I have been using leviteracetam for the last 5-6years now, 1500 mg dose once in the morning, every day. My family maintained strict secrecy about my problem in view of the stigma associated. However, they fear this may come in the way of my marriage prospects and worry all the time. I wish to know if it is possible to stop medication or reduce the frequency from one dose everyday to once in a week or so. Kindly help please.
Hello Sir, this is jahan raj (24age) from bangalore. My tooth was broken 8 years back, that's way I fixed the artificial tooth. But now I am getting to much of pain, if any changes to regrowth the teeth.
Hello sir, I was suffering from fever for 3 days once it was bad condition with too much cough what should I do now?
I am feeling a small lymph under my right armpit. My age 40 yes old after touching it I feel that some mild pain. I am fearing about it, is it cancer or otherwise. If any treatment is required which kind of doctor?
After 11 days of of protected sex oral was not protected and I am on receiving end I had a fever which is still there from 5 days a low grade fever not more than 101.5 never had this long fever before my question is am I suffering from are symptoms went from hiv elisa 4th generation and it's negative. Worried so help?
The platelet rich plasma or PRP therapy has gained popularity as a hair restoration technique due to its high success rate. The platelet rich plasma from your blood is injected with a thin needle onto the scalp, which stimulates the hair growth naturally. The treatment is quite successful, has no side effects, and no medication is required post-treatment or during the treatment, making it the most popular hair treatment.
Things to know about the PRP treatment
On the morning of the PRP treatment, you will have to wash the hair, and you should steer clear from applying any other products. The primary benefits of PRP treatments are that it proffers fast results using the blood of the patient himself and is both affordable and cost effective. You will have no scars and need not take any medications after the process is completed.
The complete PRP injection procedure
In the PRP hair treatment, the doctor would first collect the sample of the patient’s blood, and the amount of the blood depends on the area of application. Then this blood is kept in a centrifuge which spins exceptionally fast so that the components of the blood can segregate easily. It takes about 15 minutes after which the separated plasma is prepared to be injected into the affected area. The entire procedure takes about an hour.
Since the treatment is meant for promoting healing and growth, no immediate difference can be noticed. It is only after a few months that one notices the healing in the treated area. The patients might also notice new hair growth in the treated area.
What are the other treatments meant for hair growth?
Alongside platelet rich plasma treatment, several other hair growth therapies exist, and some of them are discussed below:
- Hair grafting: Also referred to as hair transplant, hair grafting is an outpatient process which is performed in the dermatologist’s office. It is important to mention here that you can choose between two types of grafts- one is micro graft containing one to two hairs per graft while the other option is the punch graft that holds about 10 to 15 hairs. In this procedure, the surgeon removes a small portion of hair bearing scalp from the back portion of the head and cuts it into little segments with varying numbers of hairs. It is then grafted to the bald area to create a thickened natural look. You may need to undergo the treatment several times to achieve satisfactory results.
- Scalp reduction: This process involves the removal of non-hair bearing skin from the scalp so that the remaining part can be stretched for filling up the baldness. It is an effective means of reducing the bald area in the head, and this process is commonly opted for covering the back and top portion of the head. But you may have to take painkillers after the process, as one may experience pain and tightness in the scalp for a few months after the process.
With many men and women resorting to hair restoration techniques, plenty of treatment options are available. Choose the one that suits you best and enjoy your hair restoration phase. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!