Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijeet ShettyYour feedback matters!
Sir jab bhi me saas bahar nikalta hu mere pet me muge ajib se badbu (smel) aati h jo muge feel hoti h dusro ko nhi vo bhut bekar hoti h jese koi sadi gali si pet me se badbu kyu aa rahi h koi illaz bataye iska.
Hello sir. Teeth problem when I brush then my gums leave bloood I mean gum bleeding it happens any time any where. I consulted to the dentist but he told me that you have no pairia you have no problem but am feed up with gum bleeding.
My upper jaw front teeth came front. I'm 26 years of age. Can I make it correct n how long it will take to go inside after clips yo the teeth. I want details on the above.
In my mouth on right cheek near lower jaw I got small whitish red spot can you please say some precautions to prevent it my friends saying it is cancer.
The upper layer of tongue turns whitish frequently and mouth becomes dirty .how to cure it can you please assist me.
DENTAL ADVISE NEEDED: My teeth are wearing out due to age,I am 69 years old,one teeth had worn out completly and after a Root canal treatment it was Capped.I am looking out for my other teeth ( molars ) which are wearing out.What preventive methods are there to save the other teeth?I do not eat Gutka or any form of Tobacco.I do not have any Cavities or any other defect in my teeth.
My mother is 51 years old. She is asthmatic and suffering from mouth ulcers from the past 5) 4 months. We have tried everything but nothing helps us. She is not able to eat properly. please tell me what should be the routines to cure this. What medicines she should take. What to avoid. Please help me out. I can not see her in pain.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Sir me hamesha brush karta hu 9 th se karta aaya hu per mere mouth se badboo kyu aa rahi hai aur iska garelu ilaj bataiye please.
I am a 23 years old I am daily 2 times I do brush but my mouth smells when I talking with people so what can I do?
I am 21 years old. I have wounds on my lips regularly. Even a small wound will become large. It will take one week or more to heel.
More than 5 million teeth are knocked out every year in children and adults. With proper emergency action, a tooth that has been knocked out of its socket can be successfully replanted and last for years. It is important to see a dentist as soon as possible after the tooth is knocked out. Quick action will increase the likelihood of saving the tooth.
Saving a Knocked Out Tooth:
1. Pick up tooth by the crown (the chewing surface) not the root:
Locate the tooth immediately; do not leave it at the site of the accident. The tooth should be handled carefully touch only the crown to minimize injury to the root.
2. If dirty, gently rinse tooth with water:
- Do not use soap or chemicals
- Do not scrub the tooth
- Do not dry the tooth
- Do not wrap it in a tissue or cloth
3. Reposition tooth in socket immediately, if possible:
The sooner the tooth is replaced, the greater the likelihood it will survive. To reinsert, carefully push the tooth into the socket with fingers, or position above the socket and close mouth slowly. Hold the tooth in place with fingers or by gently biting down on it.
4. Keep tooth moist at all times:
The tooth must not be left outside the mouth to dry. If it cannot be replaced in the socket, put it in one of the following:
- Emergency tooth preservation kit
- Mouth (next to cheek)
- Regular tap water is not recommended for long term storage because the root surface cells do not tolerate water for long periods of time.
5. See a dentist within 30 minutes:
Bring the tooth to a dentist as soon as possible, ideally, within 30 minutes. However, it is possible to save the tooth even if it has been outside the mouth for an hour or more.