Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijeet DesaiYour feedback matters!
I had a long sight after checking my level of sight I got the information that I had slightly high cylinder value in my right eye What's the solution for this?
The eyebrow portion of the right eyes pains frequently after travelling during noon times. The problem has started from last 2-3 years but now as the time is passing the pain has lessen. Any other way to cure it faster also if you can let me know the reason for it.
I hove red eyes but I do not see clear at the morning and also at the night. But I see clear at the day.
Mujhe weak eyesight ki problem hai koi 3 mahinu se aur mere lens ka no. Hai 0.5 and 0.2 kuch aisahe toh meri ankhien phir se pehle jaisi kaise hongi aur kiss cheez se.
I have a problem in eye lids for past 10 days. The problem is there occur a (funsi) in one eye and after 1 or 2 days it gets bigger and creates lots of pain and after 3-4 days it becomes normal and after 2or 3 the same problem occurs and creates too much pain. Please suggest some cure.
You never tend to pay a lot of attention to your eyes unless they are affected by some serious disorder or unless your vision is disrupted. But did you know that your eyes are capable of doing much more than you can imagine? here are 10 surprising facts about your eyes you didn't know about.
1. How intricate!
Your eyes take more than 2 million working parts to function. No wonder your eyes are the second most complex organ of your body after your brain.
2. A lot depends on them
As much as 80% of your memories are determined by what you see. Also, 80% of what you learn is because of your eyes.
3. Retina and security
The iris of your eyes has approximately 256 unique characteristics, which is more than even your fingerprints. This is the reason why retina scans are used so widely today for security purposes.
4. It's a colourful world
Your eyes can distinguish between approximately 10 million different colours. And women with a particular kind of genetic mutation can see millions of more colours.
The retina of your eyes receives the vision of the outside world as upside down. It is your brain, which flips the image for you so that you can see the world as it is.
6. Sunscreen for the eyes?
It is possible for your eyes to get sunburnt. Therefore, it is advisable for you to wear sunglasses in order to protect your eyes from the ultraviolet radiations.
The eye muscle is the muscle that reacts at the fastest rate out of all the other muscles in your body. It can contract in less than even 1/100th of a second.
8. Paint it red?
The retina of your eyes cannot detect the red colour. The retinas do have green, red and blue receptors, but the red receptor can detect only the colour yellow-green and the green one can recognise blue-green. It is your brain that combines these signals to give you the impression of the colour red.
9. Dreams and sight
Even if you become blind later in life, you can see images in your dreams if you were born with sight.
10. We are blink-eyed peas
You blink approximately 17 times every minute. That makes it 5.2 million times in a year. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have glasses of 3 number. But from 3-4 days my eyes get tired after reading an hour. Is it due to increase in heat or what? What should I do to keep my eyes healthy?
I am sixty five. I have some puffiness below my eyes. 1. Is it due to some deficiency? 2. Can I get rid of it?
Sir, my eye sight is actually very week and after 1year it increase its 1 more no., so, please tell me what I do to improve my eye sight? I have to a proven to see in at a big distance. So, sir, please give me the main and a important tips to what I do now. And which is the best way for me?
Hello Dr. I've seen homeopathic doctors prescribing medicine. For people. Lik Berberis aqua for dry skin. Even I have dry skin. Can I get those prescribed medication without prescription? And help me with some useful tips for dry skin on face and body! thanks for reading my query. And I'll be grateful if I'm benefited!
I have a problem in my eyes when I play in very bright sunlight my eye become dark red how I will control it.
Sir meri ankhe or sir ek sath dard karta hai. Ankhe ek dum red Ho jati hai Fir itone or paracetamol se kuch relief milta h.
Sight is one of our most important senses. To ensure that your vision is not compromised, regular eye examinations are essential. This is regardless of age and overall health because the only way to diagnose conditions in the eye in the early stages is with a comprehensive eye exam. By arresting them in the early stages, many eye disorders can be easily controlled and treated.
During a routine eye examination, the doctor will look into a number of aspects of your eye's health. An eye examination can also indicate serious health issues like diabetes, macular degeneration and glaucoma. Some of the conditions an eye doctor looks for during an eye exam are:
- Refractive error: If you already have a prescription this will be checked. In other cases, the strength of the eye muscles is checked for near sightedness, far sightedness and astigmatism which can be corrected with lasik surgery, spectacles or lenses. The earlier a refractive error is corrected, the lower are its chances of increasing. When it comes to children, they often do not realize signs of vision deterioration and hence, an eye examination becomes essential.
- Amblyopia: This is a condition where one eye has a much higher refractive error than the other or where the eyes are misaligned. If this is not treated in time, amblyopia can stunt vision in the affected eye and result in blindness.
- Strabismus: Crossed or turned eyes are termed as cases of strabismus. This is caused by the misalignment of the eyes and can cause problems with depth perception. This can lead to amblyopia and eventual blindness if not treated in time.
- Focusing and communicative problems between the eyes: An eye examination can also determine problems with focusing on objects. With children this can be a sign of underdeveloped focusing skills while in adults it can be a symptom of presbyopia or age related diminished focusing ability. Your doctor will also check how well your eyes work together. If they do not work in tandem, it can cause headaches, eye strains and problems with reading.
- Diseases: By looking at the blood vessels and retina of the eyes, doctors can detect signs of high blood pressure, cholesterol etc. Leaks in the blood vessels or bleeding in the eyes can also be a sign of diabetes or swelling of the macula.
- Age related conditions: As with the rest of the body, the eye tissues and muscles also degenerate with time. Cataract is one of the most common age related issues that affect the eyes.