Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhidnyaa AjgaonkarYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 years old male. I go to gym everyday except on Sunday. After my workout, I washed my hair everyday with a mild herbal shampoo for 2 months. My hair has became very dry. Now, what should I do to make my hair to make it normal? And What should I do with my hair after workout everyday?
I am 32 years female. I shaved my legs in the past, which has lead to razor bumps. Kindly let me know how to overcome this? I also have open pores in face. Please assist me with a remedy ?
I have been having severe hairball in the last three weeks. I have changed my shampoo to a mild one and also opted for oil treatment. I have stopped using styling products yet it continues to fall. What to do?
I have whiteheads on my forehead chin very much please suggest some medicines to remove whiteheads on my face.
I am affected by psoriasis. I have consulted many doctors but found no cure. Please tell me is it curable and what should I do cure it?
From earlier two weeks ,in my face I am watching small pimples are coming. I used aloevera on my face but the problem is arising. So what is the solution from you?
I loss my hair from last 2 year. I tried many kind of product but no improvement in hair loss. How can I stop hair fall and what kind of product or doctor I can use? Pls give me good ans.
Daily hair falling problem, my hair are falling over 30 to 35 hairs daily. Please Give me a solution.
I am a male of 45 year's. I have skin problem below my waist (stomach) and in both thies since few months. Red patches with eaching tendency. How to get rid of this ?
I am 19 years old female. I have under eye dark circles . What should I do to remove that. As die to this my face is looking dumb type.
Hi. My problem is I have used pandram +. First time my skin getting fair then some days after my skin have very dark. How to renew my skin? please help me.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder. Although it is non-contagious, the disease is quite complex. Erythematous plaques with silvery scales appear on skin layers, which basically characterise the disease. This excessive increase of cell division in the basal layer of the skin, results in increased proliferation on skin layers.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of psoriasis are the following:
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet.
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
Causes of Psoriasis According To Ayurveda
Acharya Charak has described the involvement of vata and kapha in ekkushtha or psoriasis. Accumulation of toxins or ama could also lead to this condition.
- Viruddha Aahar (Opposite diet or contradictory foods) and Mithya Ahara (Improper Diet)
- Excessive intake of yogurt, seafoods, salty foods, black gram and sour foods, spicy foods, fermented foods, maida (fine flour), and bakery products, junk foods and fast foods, refrigerated and cold foods may contribute to psoriasis.
- Mithya Vihara (Improper Lifestyle)
- An irregular lifestyle disrupts the digestive process and creates imbalance in the doshas.
- Adrista Hetu (Unknown Cause)
- Excessive Physical and Mental stress
- Leading a stressful life or too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco can also trigger psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management and ayurvedic external and internal treatment. In the case of scalp psoriasis, shirodhara with proper oils is also a very effective treatment. Treatment may also include stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress. The blend of natural herbs and elements, which are extremely beneficial for the health and skin. The panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda is strong enough to cure psoriasis effectively. The therapy includes a thorough detoxification of the whole body system and removal of all harmful toxins from body fluids. Thus the main aim is to purify the blood system and restore the digestive system in order to prevent the disease.
It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to adapt to this condition. Regular exercise is also very important. Yogic asanas and pranayam can help to keep the mind and body fit and healthy.
Few precautions for psoriasis patients:
- Psoriasis patients should say no to acidic food products like urad dal, radish, sesame, jaggery etc.
- Patients with psoriasis should practice yoga on a regular basis to prevent the disease.
- Psoriasis patients should not use chemical skin products. Instead, they should use natural cleansers like besan.
- Picking, scratching or peeling of skin should strongly be avoided.
- Usage of cotton clothes is recommended.
Here are some natural Ayurvedic home remedies, which are helpful for psoriasis patients:
- Cover the affected part with a banana leaf to fade the reddish patches.
- Soak 15 sesame seeds overnight in a glass of water and drink it early morning on an empty stomach.
- Consume half a glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning for 5-6 months.
For more information, you can consult a professional Ayurvedic practitioner.