Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhay N.Your feedback matters!
I am 19 year old male. Many of my relatives tell me I am looking for older than my age. Somewhat like 24-25 year of age like. My height is 5'10 inch. And I used to masturbate daily. Is there any connection between ejaculation due to which I am looking older than my present age. Pls suggest any of the tips. Would it be causing me any serious problem. How to get rid of age problem pls let me know.
I am 18 years old and I had chicken pox two weeks back. What should I do to get rid of the scars in my face which are blackish in color? Please advise.
Our elders have always advised us that beauty is a lot more than just skin deep. Barring the moral value associated to this, there is still no reason not to keep one’s skin from looking as good as it possibly can.
In order to have clear skin, one of the methods gaining popularity happens to be that of using chemical peels. While the concept may not seem to be too familiar to some people, it can be said that the results of this method make the time spent getting to know about it well worth it!
A chemical peel is a process which takes place at the office of a cosmetologist or a surgery centre.
Prior to working with the chemicals, the skin [face, hands or neck] will be cleaned in a very thorough way. After this is done, a chemical solution is applied to the skin. The effect this solution has on the skin is that of very mildly burning it. This is done so as to make sure that the old skin can make way for new skin. It is seen that the new skin is much smoother, free from wrinkles, acne and other skin issues than the skin that it replaced. It is true that the blisters are frustrating, but the results are worth it.
While a person may be concerned about the intensity of the burning feeling, he or she really need not be. This is due to the fact that it is a very controlled burn and the professional is around to make sure that it is only a manageable pain that is felt.
Post the burning sensation, there would be a stinging sensation which can be reduced by making good use of an ice pack by the way of a cold compress. In the aftermath of a chemical peel, a person would need to take certain precaution to make sure that all goes according to plan.
Things to Remember
- The first thing which is to be kept in mind is the fact that exposing oneself to the sun post a chemical peel is not a good idea, by any measure.
- In addition to this, it does make quite some sense to make use of bandages after the procedure for some days so that the sensitivity of the skin in reduced.
A chemical peel has some amazing results and can really go a long way in making a person’s skin look young and vibrant! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I am 19 years old girl. I have dark circles under my eyes so I wanted to know how to get rid of them permanently?
I am 28 years old. Feels lots of itchiness in the body specifically in arms, thighs and hips. It's unbearable itchiness, keep on scratching skin. After itching skin becomes red. Pls suggest wat can be used. It has happened for the first time n its been few months I hve shifted to Mumbai. Is it skin dryness? Wat can be used to get removed itchiness.
Now a days I feel that my feet are getting dried. I see wrinkles appearing. Also I feel itching sensation around feet, palms and figures. I am adding oil to the water and take bath now a days. Is my problem due to dryness of skin? Can I use oil for bath?
I am suffering from acne vulgaris since the last five months. I did consult a dermatologist. He prescribed me ACUTRET 30 for 6 months. Feminicol face wash, Acnovate to appy in the evening and beroxyl peroxide in the night over the acne! after 2 months when the acne reduced and there were scars, he gave me Azac cream to apply on the scars in the evening. After a month he gave me Erythgo to apply in the evening when azac made little effects on scaring . He also advised me for glowing peel . I have had one session last month. Its 5 months and though the acne has healed, the scarring is not going away or maybe its post inflammation hyperpigmentation because both of my cheeks appear red. Am I under the right medication? If yes, how much more time would it take to heal the PIH or scarring. It appears more red after exposure to heat and sunlight. I am 18 years old.
My prostate size is 44 cc. I am taking Tasulin (0.4) once in night. But now a days I am not comfortable. What to do? Increase dose or change medicine.
I have a small pores on face and how to reduce pores so to make face smooth without pores .please suggest me to rid pores.
I am suffering from stubborn acnes. They are not getting rid from 2-3 months. Are chemical peels safe for sensitive oily skin?
I face pimple problem and spot my skin is oily plzzz send me medicine and face wash and cream plzzzzzz.
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research, but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis
People with asthma or hay fever
Living in cities and in cold climate
Family history of dermatitis
Dermatitis is not caused by food allergies, but people with dermatitis are allergic to certain type of food like milk and other dairy products, shellfish and nuts.
Dry itchy and scaly skin
Redness and rashes
Scratching and itching
Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to control itching, reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and clear infection
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications, which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with Dermatitis
1. Ways to ease discomfort:
Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
2. Bathing care:
Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
3. Wash clothes the right way:
Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances.
Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough.
Here are some of the skin issues that youngsters face and ways to prevent them:
- Acne: Whether it is blackheads, whiteheads or spots filled with pus, acne affects about 80% of teenagers at some point in their lives. Teenagers are more prone to this problem because the hormone levels during this time are especially high, resulting in an increase in the magnitude of sebaceous glands and the oil that is produced. When too much oil is produced, this, along with dead skin cells block, the follicles, giving rise to acne. There are certain ways in which you can prevent it from occurring, such as always having a bath after any strenuous activity, not picking or touching the problem areas and washing acne-prone spots only two times a day.
- Oily Skin: Oily skin is a very common occurrence during teenage years. To a certain extent, oily skin may be due to genetics but for some, it may be due to hormonal changes that cause excess oil to be produced on the skin surface. In order to not inflame the skin further, individuals with oily skin shouldn't overly scrub their skin as well as not use harsh cleansers to clean the face. More importantly, when you do use a cleanser on your face, you should only do so two times a day. If you go overboard, it would only do more harm than good.
- Excessive Sweating: Excessive sweating is another major cause of concern for teenagers. The problem can be due to two different conditions - stress or hyperhidrosis (a condition wherein you sweat excessively on a daily basis). Wearing clothes made from cotton, using antiperspirants as well as avoiding drinks and foods that may cause episodes of excessive sweating are some of the ways in which you can keep the problem in control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.