Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AbhaiYour feedback matters!
My mom was diagnosed with chikungunya a few weeks back. She has no fever now Bt she is suffering from severe joint pains. She is taking medicines Bt no relief. She has got swelling on joints. Please advise what medicines or what needs to be done to get the relief from pain and swelling. And also suggest medicines with no side effects.
I have problems of headache. I feel pain from head sometimes it happen more so please suggest me to overcome this problem.
I have mild cold for 365days always when I asked doctor. He says allergy how to get rid of this? Is it ny permanent solution available?
My friend has Migraine problem. He is taking medicines for the same, but last two weeks he's feeling very sleepy. He has drop the medicine dose for 4 days since it was not available in the stores. But when he started using it again this problem arises. Is this normal or should I take him to consult a doctor.
Whenever I start cleaning my house that day night I feel lot of difficulty in breathing. I'm not able to sleep and I feel my lungs are blocked. I consulted a doctor locally. He said it would be mild asthma and he has given asthalin inhaler for use whenever I feel that congestion. Is it asthma? Is there any permanent cure? How to keep myself fit? Please advise.
I am 23 years. I would like to know the one crucial factor that will lead to diabetes. Does staying in urban or rural impact diabetes since I stay in a city. Also want to know how to stay away from diabetes ?
I am 24 year male during sex my sperm get out within second and I am not able to enjoy sex for long tym any medicine so that my sperm should not come easy. My penis should p.
I have poke on penis and scrotum, since 1-2 year. What should I do about it, so that I redemption to it.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility: Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
- Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
- They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
- As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS: There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
- Ovarian cysts
- Excessive amounts of male hormones
- High levels of insulin
- Fertility problems
- Weight gain
- Ovulation and menstrual problems
- Excess body and facial hair
- Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment: The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS:
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.