Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abdul Hameed Attar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul Hameed AttarYour feedback matters!
From since 8 years am facing severe ulcers on my mouth it is making much problem to me I can't eat well drink well talk well soo please suggest me anything.
Hi. I have cracks on my teeth. Front teeth. 2 upper and 2 lower. I'm so worried. Please tell me any solution.
Does Lingual braces are safe and completely invisible how much time does it takes to treat 1 mm gap and how much does it cost.
According to studies, the majority of the world population has at least one missing tooth, when it comes to dental health. Usually, one of the back teeth is missing. Most people do not care about a missing tooth as it is not visible and does not affect one's image. However, a missing back tooth is a matter of concern, and it matters. This is because of the tooth's function and also because bone loss occurs when a back tooth is lost.
Wisdom Tooth: Wisdom tooth or 3rd molar extraction The wisdom teeth, also known as the third molars, are the final set of molars to erupt. Not everyone keeps these teeth, nor are they necessary for having a healthy, beautiful smile. In fact, they can cause harm if they do not come in properly. When these molars come in, usually between the ages of 16 and 20, there may not be enough room left for them to erupt. As a result, they can emerge at an angle, they may crowd the mouth and sometimes they don't fully emerge. This can lead to future oral health problems like infections and pain. So, it should be extracted.
Effects of a lost back tooth: A lost back tooth should not be ignored, even though it did not cause you much inconvenience initially. The problems start occurring slowly and when they reach a fatal stage, a lot of dental problems are likely to occur. A lost tooth causes several problems and damage to your oral health and appearance if you leave it unattended.
Here are the negative effects of a lost back tooth:
- The alveolar bone, which surrounds the teeth requires a good amount of regular stimulation for maintaining health. The lack of stimulation will slowly make the bone waste away.
- With a missing back tooth, the bone width is likely to decrease by 25% within a year and will continue decreasing with the passage of time.
- The bone loss which occurs due to a missing back tooth will also cause problems in chewing food, and the back molars are designed especially for chewing and grinding food. Your speech will also be affected because of a missing back tooth.
- Extensive bone loss can even lead to negative changes in the facial shape. The facial shape also collapses in some cases. This will affect your appearance and will lead to low self-esteem and self-confidence.
Dental Implants: an ideal remedy for a lost back tooth: The best remedy for a missing back tooth is to get a dental tooth implant. Dental implants work effectively to maintain the bone structure. This is because the implants are fused directly into the bone. The bone can function properly and stay healthy after a dental implant is fused into it. You should consult a dentist to choose the best type of dental implant to replace your lost back tooth. Once the implant is installed, your dental functioning will return to normal soon. Little time is required to get adjusted to the implant.
If a back tooth is lost, you will surely miss it. A lost back tooth can affect your overall dental health, may cause bone loss and can even change your facial shape. Dental tooth implants should be used to replace a lost back tooth for maintaining good dental health.
I had retainers after my braces were removed. After 45 days, I've now lost my retainers n can't get it made for 15more days until I reach back to Delhi because my dentist is out of town. Can any dentist let me know that my teeth will be affected by it or not in such a short sapn. If yes, should I consult another dentist immediately.
Sir / madam I have a problem in my teeth that I have implant in my mouth but mouth did not work well. What I have to take in eating and drinking. pls help.
I found too much gums and saliva in my mouth, for that my voice not come clear and some words start like shh, sh, h alphabets are difficult to pronounce. Please help me how to make it clear or any speech practice I can do.
Please tell me that remove process and which process is best for permanent teeth remove and any side effect after that remove and any it's painful for health.
A healthy mouth is the secret to a beautiful smile. To have good oral health, you need to keep your teeth, your tongue, as well as your gums healthy. To keep your gums healthy, you need to brush your teeth, use floss and mouthwash and take care of your gums. If you are able to do all this every day, then dental problems will be a mile away from your mouth. Taking care of your gums is extremely important for your overall oral health. Do not neglect even small problems like slight bleeding when using floss as it shows that your gums aren't totally healthy. Here are a few ways you can maintain your healthy gums:
1. Brushing regularly: You definitely need to brush your teeth regularly to maintain your oral health. Brushing your teeth at least twice daily is the best way to keep your teeth and gums healthy. But you need to know the proper way to brush so that you do not harm your gums. Apply a gentle pressure when you are brushing as, in a case otherwise, you might hurt your gums. Make sure you use a brush, which has soft bristles so that they do not cut into the gums. And while you are brushing, brush for at least two minutes as it takes a bit of time to kill the bacteria in your mouth.
2. Floss every day: Flossing everyday might seem a bit tedious, but it is extremely important for you to floss your teeth every day. It removes the plaque between your teeth before it can turn to tartar. Tartar and plaque attract the bacteria which later on harm the gums.
3. Regular use of mouthwash: Wash your mouth with mouthwash regularly. Not only will it help to keep your breath fresh, but it also helps to kill the bacteria in your mouth. There are a number of mouthwashes in the market manufactured only to do that.
4. Use sugarless gum to chew: If you chew a sugarless gum for about 20 minutes after you have eaten a meal, you will be able to clean your mouth as well as keep your breath fresh. But only do this if you cannot brush your teeth immediately. This is because if you chew gum regularly, then that might lead to certain jaw problems.
Keep your gums healthy and keep smiling. After all, a smile can melt a stone as well.