Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul AzimYour feedback matters!
I HV delivered a preterm baby of 1.900 gm. My delivery date was 28 July BT due to water discharge baby was delivered on 23 June. Baby was kept in ICU 4 13 days bcz he suffered from jaundice n pneumonia. Now d baby is OK BT he does potty around 8to 9 times a day, generally after feeding. I am worried. Is some problem there? Do I need to consult a doctor?
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
Hi, I have a son of 2.5 years. We found in the age of 1.5 that his one leg is getting curve then we consult to Dr. and he said it is a initial rickets and we start follow the medicines Dr. advice is to give daily calcirol chewable tablet 1000iu for 3 to 4 years after 6 months we thought to take a second opinion then we went to one more Dr. he stop the 1000iu tablet and write some other medicines osto calcium 2tsp daily, syrp becosules 2tsp daily and 60k. calcirol sachet once in 10 days but these medicines are not sweet n daily it's very difficult to give him medicine because he don't like so please suggest us that can we give him 1000idu tablet daily to him with ostocalcium syrp one tsp to him or is it over dose to give him ostocalcium and 1000idu together in a same day or just to give 1000idu not ostocalcium please suggest.
Mera beta 4 saal ka hai lekin WO kuch khata pita nahi h bohot dubla hai koi suggestion bataye please.
I am a breastfeeding mother of 9 month old. I have PCOs and looking to reduce weight. Can I drink detoxing Sassy Water while breastfeeding?
For fruit juice what is the measuring medium? Table spoon or tea spoon. I am giving my daughter 20 teaspoons of lemon juice. Is it an excess dosage? Shes exactly two years old.
My son heavy cold, running nose, cough. His age 1.9 months. He troubles to inhale via nose. Kindly advice.
I have a girl child. Her age is 3. 6 yrs. She is suffering with cold n flu. The main problem is at night she is unable to sleep because of coughing. And this happens to her every fifteen days. She catches cold first and then severe coughing
I am 21 years old. I have 6 months baby. I give breast milk. Minimum and maximum How many years I have to give breast milk? Please tell me.
Colicky babies frequently draw up their knees up to the stomach and cry out, as if in pain or bend their back in the shape of an arch, clenching wrists hard
Colic cry: Too much irritability, excessive crying which tends to peak towards the evening, painful cry that is difficult to console. They may wake up abruptly and start crying
Always BURP the baby after every feed for 5-10min. Put them on shoulder in such a way that tummy presses on your shoulder, with your help, give a massage in a circular motion on the baby’s back with intermittent pressure and pat from in an upwards fashion
Warm water against belly: Fill a bottle with lukewarm water and wrap it in a towel. Give a gentle massage with it on the belly
Gentle massage: During body massage at the time of bath, apply oil on the tummy, and give a clockwise massage 3 times around the abdomen. Once done, flex the hips and gently press against abdomen, to release any gas accumulated
Make them lie on tummy across your lap and gently apply pressure on their back. (Clockwise movements upwards and then pat upwards)
You could also make the baby lie on their tummy across your tummy, in such a way that the baby’s tummy presses on yours and gently massage on their back
Rocking soothes babies: Hug them close to your chest and your heartbeat. Try gently bouncing up and down in this position while hugging your baby close
Avoid cows milk: Cows milk can be given, once the baby completes 1 year
Offer pacifier or allow baby to suck on her finger by gently putting it in the baby’s mouth
Bottle fed baby has tendency to get colic: Initially dilute the feed and try to increase the amount slowly
Nursing mums should avoid over spicy food, coffee, alcohol etc. Also avoid irregular feed timings. Try to reduce egg and fish in the nursing mother’s diet. Check out your daily food and correlate with baby’s colic. Choose your diet accordingly
Six S’s to be thought off:
2) Shooshing loudly in baby’s ear (similar to sound of running water, working vacuum, etc.)
3) Side laying
4) Stomach across forearm or lap
5) Swinging or rocking baby
6) Sucking Pacifier
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
SCOPE OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathy prescribes on symptoms in each individual case rather than on a general basis
Homoeopathy has excellent remedies for colic babies, which also helps in curing conditions such as assimilation and indigestion
It helps to improve the immature digestive system.
Totally free of side-effects
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT GIVE ANY PAIN KILLERS OR ANTISPASMODICS to colic babies.
For queries feel free to send me private message.
My child is suffering from fever. On the first day, he is having 102 Fahrenheit and now i. E. After three days - 101 Fahrenheit. He is 15 years old. His eyes are red. When he eats spicy food, he is having motions too. Would you consult me tablets.
Hello doctor my baby girl is 5 months old she don't drink milk every time she was only playing what can I do? Which food items I can feed to her?
My baby is 3 and half months. He have cold and cough also from last three days .Dr gave maxtra drop and nasoclear but cold and and cough not cure. Is steam can give to baby for relief what should I do please suggest.
I have a 10 month old baby he is having cold since 8 days rather more of congestion I can also see him breathing through mouth cuz of congestion what should I do about it?
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.