Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Abbas MerchantYour feedback matters!
I have blood sugar 347before fasting and 396 aftr break fast im taking tablets teldil40 mg. But still there is no change so please hlp me and im 23 M.
I feel weakness and tired for the past week. I recently had sex with an unknown. I fear that I am suffering from aids. please tell me about the symptoms of AIDS.
Dear Dr I am male 43 year old. I have acidity problem since past 12 years. Presently I am taking omiprazole capsule one OD. Kindly suggest.
Recently I notice that on my forehead there is a link type formation. On pressing or combing I do don't feel any type of pain. Some days it is cytes. On showing a local physician, he says it can be removed after a operation. Can you please suggest actually what is this lump emerged and is slowing blugeing? remedy please.
I am 46 years male. I am suffering from stammering and stuttering problem while talking to other person. I face the problem more when talking over phone. Please help me.
Dear doctor I am suffering for acute constipation for the last some day although I take plenty of water and and avoid oily foods. Kindly advise to overcome the problem. Thanks.
Sir I have suffer one problem, I will sleep early or late but early morning 3 o clock I wake up, so what we have do sir.
I am a 62 year old man, had a MI in January 2007, got a stent in my LAD in Feb 2007. I have arthritis, ankylosing spondlytis, incontinence, ED, and sugar levels of 93 pre fasting and 250 after a meal. I am trying to get my sugar levels down by diet and exercise. Do let me know if it is possible to get my sugar levels down by diet and exercise.
I suffer from cold. Like allergy in nose as if I am going little through a dusty place. Etc. Very fastly cold caught me. Can you suggest me some queries.
I am having flu from 3 days and dry throats too. I have visited doctors but his tablets are not giving satisfied result.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I am experiencing a pain in my lower abdomen right side for about 2 weeks now. The pain is not regular, I experience it some times but last night , I experienced a severe pain in my abdomen and back . I got my ultrasound done today and the impression is , I have a cyst in right ovary (size 51 into 40 mm) .My periods are regular, I got my last period on 6th of june 2016 and this month, I have not get my periods yet. I am unmarried and never had any sexual activity with anyone. I want to ask, is this a matter of worry, how can this cyst be removed? What caused this cyst? How much time will it take to get removed? Please give a genuine answer, I am worried.
How to stop automatically ejaculation. When I am laying in bed and thinking about sex only this problem. Can I stop this.
I have soar throat for last 2 days, could you please help me with the potential of the cause of this issue? How can I come out it, can you please advice a medicine?
Sleep is a natural part of the daily biological functions and we spend some time of the 24 hours sleeping.
Sleep cycles are different for different persons and while 5 to 6 hours of sleep may be enough for some people, others may need up to 8 hours of sleep to feel refreshed. How you sleep is as important as the duration. This is one area which is often neglected by people.
Why sleeping positions are important?
Sleeping positions are very important as you stay in a single position for hours at a time every day, and if these habits are bad, they can contribute to spinal problems. Thus, many of the spinal problems can also be alleviated by sleeping correctly.
Some of the bad sleeping positions that may adversely affect your spine are as follows.
- On your stomach - This position is in overall a bad position as it curls up the spine, especially where the neck meets the spine and can cause spinal deformities over a long period of time. Certain adjustments to this position can lessen the effects, but it is important to try to change habits and sleep in a better position.
- The fetal position - Although this is one of the more natural positions and most babies are crouched up in this form in the mother's womb; as a sleeping position, it has its disadvantages as well. The lower spine is especially put under a lot of stress when someone curls up in this position.
- On your side - Although this is safer compared to the other two, sleeping on your sides straight would cause blood circulation issues and also put a lot of stress on the relevant organs, depending on the side you were sleeping on.
In all of the cases, slight adjustments to these positions will lessen the stress on the spine and also help you sleep better.
Some of the adjustments that you can make are:
1. Sleep with a pillow between your knees to align your hips and cause less strain on the spine.
2. If you don't have sleep apnea, put a pillow under your knees to raise them while lying on you back.
3. If you sleep on your back, try to consciously change your position to sleep on the side.
4. Try and actively change your posture throughout the day to ensure good sleeping position at night.