Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Sunscreen lotion can be applied directly in screen or any moisturizer needs to be applied before that?
I am 58 yrs old diabetic for last 20 years. I got kidney transplanted 4 months back and absolutely fine. Recently since last 10 days I find itching and burning in the anus and irregular passing f stools with little difficlty. I am afraid it may leead to piles problem. Please suggest me how to overcome this poblem.
Pls help. Sir actually I was visited doctors house on August 07,2016. Before June regularly I was using Skin Light cream on my face. But now really feeling bad. I hereby attached my photo. Pimples are almost clear. But the black marks are there. Can you help me to remove this black marks with in next one or one and half month. Doctor advise me that to use Azelaic Acid gel 20% w/w over night and Clindamycin Phosphate gel USP for every morning. Is this both gel clear the black mark? Because my marriage is on November 20 th. please HELP ME.
I have a scar on the side of my head (about 3 inches long and .5 inch wide) that I want so desperately to get rid of. When I was a kid I fell and scraped the side of my head on a rock and it caused the hair from there to fall out and I was bleeding. Ever since no hair has ever grown there again (more than 10 years). The area is very smooth and looks shiny. Please help me!
Go spotless: 6 home remedies to reduce dark spots naturally
Dark spots also known as hyperpigmentation is a common and usually harmless condition in which patches of skin become darker in color than the normal surrounding skin. It is caused due to excessive melanin production by the skin cells. It is the most common sign of skin damage and can affect anyone irrespective of race or age. Common causes include sun exposure without sunscreen, stress, hormonal changes due to pregnancy, menopause and birth control pills.
Can hyperpigmentation be reduced naturally?
Yes, there are some effective natural remedies that can help in reducing the appearance of dark spots over time. Some of these useful home remedies to reduce hyperpigmentation are:
1. Aloe vera
Gently apply aloe vera juice on the affected area. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash it off with warm water. Aloe vera contains mucilaginous polysaccharides that can effectively lighten dark spots.
2. Orange peel
Grate an orange peel and make a paste/gel with few teaspoons of raw milk. Leave it on for half an hour and then massage gently and wash it off with warm water. Exfoliate your face at least 3 to 4 times a week with this paste. Exfoliation encourages cell renewal removing the dark blotches.
Make a paste of 5 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 10 tablespoons of milk and apply it all over your face. Gently massage your face and wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes.
Potatoes are well known to remove skin pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Rub gently a freshly cut slice of potato on the affected areas of your skin every day. Alternatively, mix potato juice with fuller earth and apply this daily to remove pigmentation.
5. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps a lot in reducing the appearance of dark patches on the skin due to hyperpigmentation. It has excellent skin lightening properties that can help in restoring the skin's natural color. Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water. Use this solution to rinse the affected area. Leave it on for two to three minutes, and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
Tomato acts as natural bleaching agent. Yogurt also works as natural bleach and has skin tightening properties. Oatmeal works as a natural scrubber. Make a mixture of tomato oatmeal and yogurt and apply it on your face. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and massage your skin gently in-between. Wash off with cold water you can do this treatment twice a week for best results.
How can hyperpigmentation be prevented?
You can prevent the appearance of dark spots by following these basic tips:
-use sunscreen with spf 30 and above, before going out in the sun. If you stay outdoors for more than 3-4 hours, reapply your sunscreen
-increase intake of food rich in vitamin a and antioxidants. Vegetables like spinach, carrots, lettuce, broccoli, red bell peppers, sweet potato to help reduce and prevent pigmentation.
-increase intake of citrus fruits, the vitamin c helps reduce damage caused by harmful uv rays, reduces dark spots and maintains skin health.
-increase consumption of dairy, eggs, liver and mutton for a boost of vitamin b12.
-vegans or vegetarians can get a vitamin supplement from a physician. Deficiency of vitamin b12 is a common cause for skin pigmentation, and meeting your daily requirement can prevent pigmentation.
-drink plenty of water to make your skin supple and to get rid of toxins. You should be drinking 2-3 liters of fluids in summer.
There are dark spots on my face and it goes dark regularly. And there are pimples now. What can I do sir?
I am 25 years old. I have full marks and pimple on my shoulder back. Please suggest any homemade remedies to control the pimple and to remove the marks.
I have been suffering from breast pain from last two weeks. But my heart and lungs are fine as per my test results. What should I do regarding it.
My face and my hands have tanned probably because of the sun and the weather conditions. How to get fair? Please help.
Meri jib k upar chale hote rehte h har 15 din baad iska kya reason h jabki mai fresh bhi bilkul sahi hota hun daily orr paani bhi 8 se 10 glass pi leta hu ek din me fir b aisa kyon.Pleae tell.
Hi. I am 28 years old. I had bacterial infection near groin area and buttocks years ago. Now the infection is not present, but skin is dark in color where there was an infection. About to get married soon. Will this in any way affect married life?
Wrinkles are an unavoidable part of growing old. As we grow our skin becomes thin and loses its elasticity which results in sagging. However, excessive sun exposure, stress, sudden weight loss or genetic predisposition can also lead to wrinkling of the skin.
Luckily, there are a number of ways to fight wrinkles; here is a list of 10 natural ways to reduce your wrinkles:
- Drink plenty of water: The first step to reduce wrinkles is to keep the skin hydrated. This helps flush out toxins and maintain the elasticity and firmness of skin. Along with drinking water, applying a moisturizer is also essential to keep the skin hydrated.
- Bananas: Bananas are rich in vitamins and minerals and are essential for healthy skin. They keep the skin nourished and boosts collagen production. It also fight against the damage caused by free radicals and gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Ginger: Ginger is rich in antioxidants. This helps flush out toxins and also prevents the breaking down of elastin, thus reducing the formation of wrinkles.
- Egg whites: Egg whites can be used as a face mask to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. This helps stretch the skin and shrink open pores. Egg whites are also rich in a number of minerals that help in repairing the tissues and fight wrinkles caused by free radicals.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice is best known for its natural bleaching properties. It can also be used to exfoliate skin and shrink open pores. This gives skin a smoother appearance and increases elasticity.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural remedy for a number of skin conditions. It is rich in malic acid that makes skin elastic and thus reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Zinc in aloe vera also helps shrink open pores and boosts collagen production.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish the skin and give it a healthy glow. It also functions as an antioxidant that keeps the skin supple and reduces the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Honey: Honey is the best suited to dry skin. It hydrates the skin and prevents moisture loss. Honey also exfoliates skin and promotes the generation of new skin cells. This helps lighten age spots, scars and hyperpigmentation.
- Almonds: Almonds are a superfood that's great for your health and your skin. It is rich in nutrients like vitamin E, zinc and folic acid that nourish the skin and prevent the degeneration of skin. It also helps delay the aging process.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek seeds are rich in vitamin B3 and niacin that can help repair damaged skin cells and promote the production of new skin cells. This also helps reduce wrinkles and lighten age spots, fine lines and crow's feet.