Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aashish Mody
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aashish ModyYour feedback matters!
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
I am a housewife in my daily work my heel got cracks. I used some crack heal creams but its not gone . Between fingers I got some pain.
Hello Dr. I'm 22 female on my face moles r Dere. Hw to remove dat. N my color is fair but day by day getting dark n black. So please suggest me a fair cream n removal cream of moles .plz.
My age is 20 years recently I had a infection on my left hand at small gap now this is spread all over my hand please give me a solution to avoid this problem. Thank you sir/madam.
I'm an uncircumcised, 30 years old bachelor. About 5 years ago, I developed what seemed like a run-of-mill fungal infection (redness, itchiness, some swelling) on my penis foreskin.in 2011 I saw a dermatologist and he told this is balanitis, prescribed some medicine that time the condition change to about normal. Past 3 months ago that diseases came back. I applied clotrimazole cream for a month, twice a day, washing the area without soap, drying it throughly after each shower. But again, while the itchiness, the swelling.
Appearance of dark circles is a sign of you going through stress or due to certain lifestyle habits. Choices like poor sleep or simply ageing can also be the possible reasons. There are a few procedures which will help you to get rid of these irritating dark circles. Read on more to find out all about them.
- IPL for dark circles: IPL or Intense Pulse Light therapy is an effective way of removing dark circles. This is recommended by the physician when blood vessels appear as blue or dark purple underneath the eyes. IPL deals with vascular pigmentation issues treating which, make the dark circles under your eyes disappear.
- Skin resurfacing; Chemical peeling or laser resurfacing helps in reducing dark circles by improving the rate of collagen production as well as decreasing pigmentation problems. They also help to improve your overall skin quality.
- Fat Injections: In this procedure, fat is grafted from another area of the body and via injection, is inserted in the tear troughs in order to treat dark circles. Fat injections are used generally when dark circles are caused due to tissue and fat loss in the upper cheeks or under the eyes.
- Treatment with Hyaluronic acid: Treatment with hyaluronic acid in which the chemical is inserted through injection into the tear troughs or upper cheek area is temporary as the chemical is absorbed by the body in a few months.
- Cheek lift: Lifting the cheeks surgically can permanently correct the problem of dark circles which are caused due to the drooping of cheeks, usually due to facial ageing.
- Surgery for eyelids: Blepharoplasty also known as eyelid surgery is the most recommended and effective way of eradicating dark circles. It is also a permanent solution for getting rid of dark circles. Multiple approaches exist to perform lower eyelid surgery. The results can be achieved after undergoing one or a combination of a few procedures such as placement of tear trough implants and the repositioning, addition, partial or complete removal of fat existing underneath your eyes.