Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aasha JoshiYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old. Having problem to breathe. I have ashtma. Tried asthalin. No relief what should I do.
I am 29 years old have severe leg pain both legs. Have weight 95 kg height 5.8 disease remain undiagnosed after 5 years too. Please suggest what should I do?
My stamina is pretty bad. First of all I wasn't able to get erection when I'm about to have intercourse only but now I get but it lasts for maximum of one or two minutes. What should I do?
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
Fruit juices sold in supermarkets are filled with sugars and chemicals and therefore not at all a safe choice.
But juices prepared at home are rich with great nutritional value. You just need a blender and a few ingredients.
In addition we will give you 4 ides for healthy and delicious juice that will improve your health.
1. Raspberry and almond juice
- Half a cup of fresh or frozen raspberry
- Half a cup of almond milk
-Half a banana
- 1 cup of low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Method of preparation:
Put all above mentioned ingredients in a blender and mix. Once you get homogeneous mixture, place it in a glass and enjoy the tasty refreshing beverage.
2. Chocolate, strawberry and beet juice
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Half a cup of peeled and chopped beets
- Half a cup of coconut water
- � of a cup of water
Method of preparation:
The method is the same. Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get homogeneous mixture.
3. Green juice
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa
- 1 handful of hazelnuts
- 5 Brazilian nuts
- Half a banana
- Half a cup of low fat coconut milk
Method of preparation:
Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well until you get homogeneous mixture.
4. Carrot and mango juice
- 1 midsized mango, peeled and chopped into cubes
- Half a cup of coconut water
- Half a cup of water
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a cup of chopped carrot
Method of preparation:
You probably guessed it ? put all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get resulting homogeneous mixture. Cheers!
I am 59 yrs old, now a days I am getting urination frequently compared to earlier period. Feeling tiredness often. But as for appetite concern it was normal as before. I am for the past 2 yrs walking briskly 5 km daily and maintaining body fit- my height 5.4" and weight 62 kgs almost same for past 7 years. Recently I took up for test and found sugar at random 160-190 (three times. Suggest me I prefer not to take english madicine.
Hey sir I want to know the symptoms of flu and what will be the precaution for it and what should be the treatment for it.
I'm suffering from head ache in the centre of head and neck pain, nerves tingling inside body like a shock circuit I'm scared i'm feeling that I'm going to die shortness of breath I can't sleep somebody help me out.
I have a major acidity problem. Whenever I eat something I get acidity. Any best wAy to get rid of it.
Hi, these days I'm getting sneezes when I experience some sudden perfume or dust or cool air in balcony or drinking little cool water, and feeling like my nose is heavy and irritating, please tell me what to do.
I am suffering from macular amyloidosis my both arms and legs have brown lines and they are spreading also so I consult to dermatologist also but according to them there is no solution for this and he said protect your skin from sun then I found out solution on net here according to allopathy doc take high dose of vitamin c and according to ayurveda doc avoid citrus fruits coz of pit so which one I follow please help.
Sex is certainly one of the most enjoyable activities available to humankind, and it's no surprise that many people add to that enjoyment through the use of sex toys. Both men and women can use sex toys to add a new level to either their partner sex or their masturbatory experiences. But whatever the use, men need to take appropriate caution when using sex toys in order to make sure there is no damage to their penis health.
Male sex toys
While there is a wide range of sex toys for men, the majority of them fall into a few basic categories: cock rings, vibrators, anal devices/prostate massagers and imitation vaginas. Any one of these can increase one's sexual sensations when used safely.
However, there are potential drawbacks that men should be aware of so they can exercise appropriate caution when utilizing one of these devices.
One of the most popular sex toys for men, cock rings are typically a metal or plastic ring or leather strap that fits very snugly around the base of the penis (or around the base of the penis and balls). They are intentionally tight, as the tightness "incarcerates" the penis, with the goal of trapping blood and creating or maintaining a very firm and stiff erection. While some men use these as treatment for erectile dysfunction, many simply use them for the pleasurable sensations associated with them.
Many men use DIY cock rings, simply wrapping a string around the penis and tying it tightly.
When using a cock ring, men should be sure it does not fit TOO tightly. If it causes pain or discomfort, it shouldn't be worn. It's also essential that a ring be worn for only a limited amount of time; most manufacturers suggest 30 minutes. Use of a ring for too long a period of time can lead to penile strangulation, a medical issue which can be quite serious and require a doctor's attention.
Many cock rings have vibrating functions built into them, but many men also make use of a phallic- or other-shaped handheld vibrator to provide extra stimulation to the penis. While this is most frequently used during masturbation, it can also be employed by a partner during couples sex to great effect.
When using a vibrator on the penis, it is important that a man doesn't use it for too long a period of time (or at too intense a setting) on any one section of the penis. The pulses of a vibrator tend to be gentle when compared to the roughness of some masturbation sessions, but if used too aggressively it can lead to a raw or sore penis.
More and more men are feeling free to explore their anus and prostate and how these positively affect their sexual experiences. This is a positive development; however, caution is needed to ensure that a man doesn't get too rough during his explorations. Soreness in this area can negatively impede penile action.
One of the most popular masturbation toys, most of these devices are safe if used according to instructions. The most common issues to watch out for are using without sufficient lubrication and simply overuse.
Used with a modicum of caution, male sex toys enrich a guy's sex life. Since most of the side effects from improper use involve rawness and soreness, regularly applying a top notch penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically tested and proven mild and safe for skin) is an important step. Penis skin that has been handled too roughly responds well to a crème that contains both a high end emollient (shea butter is an excellent one) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E). That rough handling may also damage sensitive penile nerve endings, leading to a loss of sensation; a crème which includes neuroprotective acetyl L carnitine should help to restore loss of sensitivity due to rough handling.