Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aasha JoshiYour feedback matters!
Hello, I met with an accident on 25 august 2016 my forefoot bone broke down right foot. Now after getting plaster for 6 weeks bone is still not fully joined. I am worried for it, my plaster was removed on 7 October. I feel pain while walking I am unable to put body weight on my foot. Can anyone help me or guide me in this? Can my bone break down again if I walk or there is no such type of risk? Can I resume my activities or driving?
I am a female aged 55 years I have been diagnosed with diabetics bp and thyroid and now cholesterol is a problem please suggest me how to control ?all these is sugar in the urine ok or is there is a complication.
Hi Dr I am suffering from throat infection from three years.Almost I used many tablet. Levoday.Montec lc, roxid,azee 500 tablet I have used.
Constipation in children is a common pediatric health issue mostly arising due to early toilet training and having an inadequate diet. Most cases of this condition do not last for long and can be easily treated.
Constipation in children is mainly caused by the following factors:
- Lack of fiber content in their diet caused due to an aversion to veggies, often result in constipation in children.
- Withholding stool: Your child may be holding his bowel movements in because of stress with toilet training. This maybe because he/she doesn't want to defecate in the school bathroom or in other places. Often if it hurts to poop once, the child might withhold his bowel movements and this leads to a vicious cycle.
- Side effects of certain medications.
- In rare cases, children facing abuse may develop constipation.
You will know your child has constipation if the following occurs:
- Your child spends a lot of time while defecating
- Your child complains of difficulty with bowel movement
- Bloating and stomach pain
- Soiling accidents
A combination of the following approaches helps in treating constipation in children:
- See to it that your child eats all his vegetables and fruits. Include more fibrous vegetables and fruits in the diet. Include food containing probiotics like yoghurt.
- Use a stool softener: While using a stool softener the most common mistake is to apply too much or too little amount of the concoction. Carefully use the right amount of stool softener for relieving your child of constipation.
- Ensure that your child has a lot of fluids in his/her diet. Fluids help to hydrate the body and lubricate the digestive system.
- Look into the fact that you child has regular toilet hours.
I am 35 years old and I feel something is stuck inside my throat. From some days mostly after eating food. What should I do? Please advice!
Hello Doctors, During sex I get hard erection, but the erection couldn't sustain for long. Erection goes and comes again after persistent efforts. Please give me some good suggestion Why is it so.
Doctor. I am aged 60 and a type 2 diabetic. One tab each morning and evening taking. Night I am taking only fruits. One apple and grape plus any type of banana. Is this is correct diet for me.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am 68 year old suffering from recurrent candidal Balanoposthitis. What are the home remedies, Ayurvedic and homeopathic treatments.
I am having acute burning sensation in stomach and reflux also there is slight pain I take sompraz d 20 colospa retard and prepro he daily since many years hiatus hynia was diagnosed about 6 yes back pl advice.
I fell off the stairs, broke a stool while sitting on it and broke a chair sitting on it in a span of 45 days. I have pain in the lower back, shoulder, wing, upper spine and pain in the thigh bone till the knee (I have a tendon tear too-previous injury) continuously. All these ailments are in the left side of my body. Should I get an MRI?
I can stand till 10 mins so do I have premature ejaculation problem I want to know methods to delay ejaculation Exercises or herpes or ayurvedic will work. Do kegel exercise help in PE.
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..