Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aarti C GateYour feedback matters!
Sir, I'm a 21 years old female. I've irregular menstrual cycle, also have hair growth on my face. I'm getting fat day after day. What should I do? Is this a disease?
Sir. After taking unwanted 72 to avoid pregnancy. I am suffering from loose motion. I don't know exact reason. But my question is whether it will effect to avoid pregnancy or not. Should I worry about unwanted pregnancy?
I got intimated with my husband ,it was not sexually but close, there is a doubt of pregnancy what to do to prevent pregnancy? Does i pill work ?
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, which is essential for various functions and it is not produced or stored by the body, so it is important that the food contains adequate amount of it. It plays a vital role in heart, eyes, skin, and prenatal health and immunity. Long-term non-availability of vitamin C can lead to various symptoms, which though are not immediately threatening, can turn dangerous in the long run.
- Bruised skin: Easy bruising is one of the early symptoms of vitamin C deficiency. There could be capillaries which appear superficial and have an increased tendency to bruise and bleed. There could also be unexplained reddish purple marks on the skin in people who have low levels of vitamin C.
- Bleeding gums: Another major indicator of vitamin C deficiency is swollen gums that tend to bleed easily. This again is related to their role in collagen formation and if not identified and treated in the early phases, it can lead to severe gum inflammation, periodontal disease, and even loss of teeth.
- Slow wound healing: Vitamin C has an important role to play in connective tissue formation, and if there is less of vitamin C in the body, collagen formation is delayed. This can lead to prolonged and delayed healing of wounds, even simple ones like cuts and bruises. The added role of vitamin C as an immune booster also leads to reduced healing when there is vitamin C deficiency.
- Nosebleeds: Frequent unexplained nosebleeds is another sign of vitamin C deficiency. Reduced amounts of vitamin C make the capillaries fragile causing them to bleed easily.
- Dry skin: While weather does determine if the skin is dry or normal, vitamin C also does. The decreased levels of collagen can lead to an unhealthy skin which can turn red and can be dry and can also lead to keratosis pilaris, which is an accumulation of melanin pigments in the skin. Good amounts of vitamin D helps as a good anti-ageing agent and reduces wrinkles and retains moisture. It also has sun protective effects and antioxidant properties.
- Unexplained weight gain: Vitamin C plays a vital role in fat metabolism and therefore deficiency leads to weight accumulation, especially around the waist. It helps oxidise fat and so helps in weight regulation.
- Lowered immunity: Vitamin C deficiency affects the body’s susceptibility to infections, making it prone to more severe and frequent infections. People catching a common cold very frequently could be suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- Emotional health: Vitamin C is also a mood regulator, so inadequate amount can lead to depression. Try eating a juicy orange and see yourself feeling better! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Married since 1.5 years having baby boy of nine months, I would like to know about taking daily tablets for avoiding pregnancy for at least next two years and have heard its not good to take tablets as it's harmful to the body. Please suggest and share any harmless tablets.
My daughter is 17. She has not got her periods for the last 6 months. She attained age 4 years ago and was having regular periods. She started college 6 months ago, and is living in the hostel. The problem has started from this time. She has not lost any weight - but is having lots of stress in her studies . Please advise .
Terrible pain during the second day of periods which only goes away after taking injection. The pain is so worse that it always makes me vomit. I have had all sort of tests and have tried on a lot of medications but nothing works for me.
Which is most safe, using condoms or pills? Without affecting my life partner's health If she's using pills.
I'm age 33. My last period is january 14 -2016. Now 36 days pregnancy. But I took 1) fas kit One kit. 2.) Cansoft cl vaginal for 3 night. On 20 th day of period for cervical inflammatory by pap smear report. Is use *I have irregular period * I have pcod problem * have. Hypothyroid. Is this both medicine safe during early pregnancy? Thank you.
Helo doctor I am 19 years old from last two weeks I am suffering from burping problem after eating time to time meal and after eating food or before eating food please help me out plzz suggest me any medicine for burping plzz
Hi. My wife is 22nd week pregnant. She has been getting severe back ache since the start of pregnancy and even having low blood pressure. She is suffering a lot. Can you please suggest what to do?
Good morning Doctor, I am 4 month 2 weeks pregnant and I'm having little bleeding/ spotting problem from 2nd month onwards very frequently. Doctor said that my placenta distance is 2.2 only but once baby start growing it will pulled up. Hence we don't have sex till this date however my friend is telling me that having sex during pregnancy will help normal delivery. I request you to advise whether it's good to have sex and sperm can be release inside or not. Also till which month is safe to have intercourse please advise. This is my first pregnancy.
My wife was pregnant and we received a baby boy so I would like to know when we can do intercourse or sex?
Hello. How get pregnant fast .any steps or any thing please tell me .and how to increase sperm thanks.
I am married before 3 months, me and my wife doing intercourse daily we planned to get a baby but my sperm is too watery is there is any problem of having sex daily and what is the best solution to get that substance thick and what can we do to have pregnant my wife have a irregular periods too.
I am 24 years old. I am feeding women. My baby age is 5 month. Last month I got my period on 26 the after delivery. This month not yet come. I am confused. I am pregnant?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 24 december and next day 25december she got the period. What should I do now. Worry about getting pregnant.
Drink 2 to 3 liters of fluid (preferably water and some citrus drinks) a day.
Cut back on salt in your diet.
Limit the amount of animal proteins you consume.
Reduce your intake of oxalate-rich foods, such as wheat bran, nuts, rhubarb and spinach.
Get plenty of dietary calcium through foods or supplements.