Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aarati Patil
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Treatment of Painful Periods
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Uterine Fibroids
White Discharge Treatment
Treatment of Endometriosis
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Treatment Of Acne In Periods
Treatment of PID
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Treatment of Menstrual Disorders
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Premenstrual Swelling in Breasts
Submit a review for Dr. Aarati PatilYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Little discomfort & pain during periods is normal. But if you have extremely painful periods detoriating your daily routine then we must rule out Endometriosis. The main symptom of endometrosis is extremely painful periods followed by heavy periods in some. Endometriosis has become one of the common gyneacological disorders seen in Modern era.
Endometriosis is nothing but growth of inner lining of uterus at unusual places like ovaries, tubes & other pelvic organs. The most common causes can be heredity, low immunity of reproductive system & reverse flow of menstrual blood through tubes to pelvic cavity. It increases inflamation in pelvic organs especially uterus leading to pain, bulky uterus, pelvic adhesions, endometriotic cysts, chocolate cysts, infertility & many more...
Coventional treatment of endometriosis is focused at stopping menstruation completely for certain period with hormones. But many times all the symptoms reapear once periods are back & surely there can be serious side effects of hormonal therapies offered for it too.
Ayurveda understands Endometriosis differently. Ayurvedic treatment for endometriosis is aimed at correcting the root cause. Ayurvedic medicines for endometriosis improves immunity of the reproductive system & prevent formation of new endometriotic lesions. At the same time Vatanulomana Ayurvedic combinations prevent the reverse flow of menstrual blood throgh tubes. Certain Ayurvedic combinations like Kanchanar guggulu, Yograj Guggulu etc are considered very good at desolving Endometriotic lesions completely if given with correct adjuvant. Herbs like Turmeric , Guduchi are very good at reducing inflamation & controlling pain during periods given in correct doses. Virechana formulations like Castor oil preparations also play important role to prevent backflow during periods & to reduce pain.
Each endometriosis patient need be assesed as per basic Ayurvedic Constitution & Dosha involved as per clinical symptoms by expert Ayurvedic doctors. No ayurvedic medicines should be taken by these patients without experts advise.
Endometriosis can be cured successfully without any side effects by Ayurveda!