Find numerous Veterinarians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Veterinarians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Aarakh Sharad PYour feedback matters!
I have mix labrador 13 months old and i want him to gain some weight so tell me medium budget diet for him if possible home made diets for him please tell me ?
My 2 month old dog is puking from last night. We have him zafron on a vet advice. But it don't stop, also I see that due to some tik powder it sheds his hair very badly. Kindly suggest.
I have a black rabbit and he's 2 years old, my question is how can I help him wid his loose motions.
My pet stopped eating since 5-6 days. Ealier she used to have 5 chapatis a day and that too with non veg 3 times a day. But now she has stopped eating anything. We have been consulting vets doctor for the same and every time they dies is inject her. As per them she is suffering from hyper acidity. As per their suggestions we are giving her gelusil, curd, but mostly she vomits out after eating grass. I am very worried for her. Please help. I really want her to be ok again. She is of age 14 and a half. Please help.
Many animals receive “kennel cough” vaccines that include bordetella and cpi and cav-2 every 6 to 9 months without evidence that this frequency of vaccination is necessary or beneficial. In contrast, other dogs are never vaccinated for kennel cough and diseases are not seen. Cpi immunity lasts at least 3 years when given intranasally and cav -2 immunity lasts a minimum of 7 years parenterally for cav-i. These two virus in combination with bordetella bronchiseptica are the agents, which are often associated with kennel cough, however, other factors play an important role in diseases (eg. Stress, dust, humidity, molds, mycoplasma, etc.).
Thus, kennel cough is not a vaccine preventable disease because of the complex factors associated with this disease. Furthermore, this is often a mild to moderate self limiting disease. It's just like common cold in humans. A course of antibiotics usually is enough to treat the condition. I generally do not recommend kennel cough vaccines unless dogs are staying in a boarding facility that requires them.
I have a 4 months labrador and now a days he is shedding hairs very much. Please suggest me any medicine to control shedding.
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Is it true that birds like sprrow or pigeon is not giving eggs if we touch the eggs? and how long time they will take for come out from the eggs?
Sir we have a pug breed god she have a skin disease some of doctors are treated but she is not cure she is suffering with this disease from last 1year.Please do help
My Puppy labrador has stopped eating for over 1.5 months. Currently it is under the treatment of Dr. A. K murmu from day 1 and is being given saline twice a day. It is having hemoglobin level at 3.6% and bilirubin at 8. It is not recovering. Please help. Regards.
Hi Sir, Two three people said that after dog bite, we should not give head bath and my daughter (3 yrs. 10 months) should not get cold. Is this true?
I have just adopted labrador pup he is 35 days old. My concern is when should I get him his 1st vaccination. As from whom I adopted he said on 42 days direct booster I consulted 1 vet doctor he said you should start from, 33 days age I am confused. Kindly guide He wants to bite on everything I think he is getting irritated as his teeth are erupting kindly reply.
Hi I have a golden 3 years old female labrador retriever suddenly from last two days some small amount of blood is coming from her mouth from last two days some blood and blood clotting also came with her which os stopped now but still mouth is bleeding though its very less but I cam feel ther eis some serious problem yesterday we asked one vet who injected three injection those perhaps antibiotics. AOne thing she is eating properly little lazy but behaving purely normal. Please advice.
Sir I am having a pug puppy of 65 days old and taken his 1st vaccination on 22nd june, 2015. Yesterday she lightly bite by daughter of 6 years old on her nose. Is it necessary to take her vaccine? pls. Advise.
Hello Doctor, My pet name is Candy she is 2 years old, And she is doberman and lab cross. We would like to feed her different taste of foods. Till now we have t feed her any sweet or spicy. And tomorrow it her birthday we would like to serve her some sweet. Could you please advice us what kind of dish good for her . Kindly suggest us shall we feed her sugar free cakes.
I have labrador age 1year sex female.Nearhertail some black thing i found.I cant pickdem out if i wanted to do dat my dog gets angry.Wats dat n wat iz cure for that?
Hi doctors. My dog is 4 years labrador. There are some areas on his body where are few hairs left. With some redness. I am now using wokazole lotion. Please give some advice.
Talking to your dog like he/she is a person.
Treating your dog like he/she is a person.
Allowing dogs to do what they want because it will hurt their "feelings"
Dressing them up in little doggie clothes.
Remember, humanizing your dog is fulfilling your own human needs, not your dogs. Humanizing dogs does more harm than good.