Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aabha Nagra
Submit a review for Dr. Aabha NagraYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from hyper acidity I tried omaze but it's not working yesterday I had severe heart pain I thought it is heart attack the pain is so severe please some one help me out I'm suffering dis pbrlm from 4 months sleep less nights help me out.
Is gastric mini bypass surgery completely safe, for type 2 diabetes, what are complications of bariatric surgery.
I had gall bladder stone one year back, and also I had mild prostate as my lab reports says then after cured I suffers from high BP due to allergic cough and cold as my doctor says. Now I am loosing my weight before all this diseases I was obese. I lost my libido last 3 months pls tell if all this is related to same want gain weight again what to do pls suggest.
I am 26 year old male. While I was in new zealand I consumed about 3 omega tablets while having those 3 meals for about 21 days. After that my stomach could not sleep well. Result was that I had to rush to the loo after everything that I consume in the meal just after eating. I could not digest. I had to come india but doctors did not pay quite a heed to issue. Thus giving me those temporary relief medicines. I have got done kya kidney and liver tests. They both are fine then I cane to know that I bleed while passing stool i. E. Oozing of blood while passing stool and feel burning sensation after passing stool as well. Also I have these unusual cramps in the stomach. I have pain mainly early in the morning. And I could pass stool easily without having psyllium husk. I was thinking of getting endoscopy dine. No doctor takes the issue seriously, they call on repeatedly on multiple visits just to charge money on several occasions. Please suggest what to do. Am I suffering from any such really disease?
Hi i am having fistula since 2 years old fistula. I have no any problem but after 20-21 days a little pain & pus out. What is solutions without operation?
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.