Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. A R ChavanYour feedback matters!
This is regarding my mother - 69 years, chronic Asthma patient. Here is the history of her illness : - Diagnosed with Colon Cancer stage 4 (after a colon blockage was detected in Hospital in Bhubaneswar in Nov 2014, she was taken to Manipal Hospital in Bangalore for treatment and went through Right hemicolectomy surgery) followed by a full body PET CT scan in Jan 2015. - 4 CAPOX Chemo cycles were done at Manipal Hospital and a follow-up Abdomen/Pelvis CT scan was done in Mar 2015. The scan reports showed visible progress - 5th CAPOX was done in Bhubaneswar and during that chemo WBC counts went down - 6th CAPOX was done in Bhubaneswar on 2nd May and WBC counts reduced further. - 7th CAPOX was done in Bhubaneswar on 23rd May And either after 6th or 7th Chemo she had not taken all the prescribed medications (Floxacin?). She had very bad fever/breathing issues and was taken to Casualty for treatment with a bad oral thrush and urine infection. Because of her health condition, the 8th planned CAPOX cycle was skipped. Follow up CT scan was done in Nov 2015 - and the disease had worsened. She was advised second line of chemo with FOLFIRI with Erbitux. 5 Cycles of FOLFIRI Erbitux was given (Erbitux was given every week). She then had a very bad Asthma/COPD attack and was advised to stop chemo in Feb 2016. In May 2016 she again had a major COPD attack and was admitted to ICU for 6 days. After recovery she complained about discomfort in the lower abdomen area. The ultrasound reports found a very large mass in the suprapubic region. She now feels like going to toilet every time she eats something. Also there is pain (feeling as if there is gas) in the lower abdomen area. Please advise what would be the next phase of treatment. We would like to do whatever possible to make her go through minimal suffering during her last days If needed I can share all the CT scan and ultrasound reports via email. The last ultrasound was done on Aug 06th 2016 with the impression : A fairly large mass with cystic and solid components measuring 132x99x151 mm (approx volume 1044 cc) is noted in suprapubic region. Irregularly marginated hypoechoic masses with punctate calcifications also noted in the right paracolic region, the largest measuring about 55x33 mm
Sir me kisi girls se jayda der tak bat karta hu to mera virya nikalta h nd muja sex ke time panish me tight pan nhi aa pta h maine 2-3sal se hasthmhuthan kiya tha but abhi to maine chod diya h ab me kya karu sir mera se ye itni badi galti ho gai muja pta nhi tha aisa ho jaye ga please help me meri shadi hone wali h.
One of my friend having a problem in his private part ,during a day of some time a tiny drop of liquid come out of his penis is there is something wrong .Please guide the natural remedy for the same for my friend
Sir I have small hole in my ear drum last 1 month by stick. When I clean my ear. Please Could someone tell me. How to heal this. What eat for superfast recovery. Is it possible for by medicine. What should be take for heal. I am feel depressed what to do about it.
What is the symptoms of dengue? How Can we prevent ourself in this case? Please prescribe medicines?
Good Morning, I am a diabetic and can I have rice in my meals as I have been afraid that rice will higher my sugar level.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am male and single. I can sense there is a different in my anus (a tag kind of thing). I don't have any pain or bleeding while doing motion. But still while after long bike ride I can sense a moisture feel around my bum crack. Is it a piles problem. Do I need to take medicine for this.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.